Darth Revan

Prev13
Now that Darth Revan has been officially announced, when do we get the panic farm calculator?

Replies

• Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Use the custom one and assume the date is next Thursday
  • One of my guildmates found the panic farming tool. Needless to say, I am way behind for a 7* Darth Revan.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    One character from a single hard node and one character from a single hard fleet node.

Well played CG. Well played.

Begun, the whale milking has.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    One character from a single hard node and one character from a single hard fleet node.

We've had waaaaaaay to much time to say this was a whale milking. I'm ftp and i already have the toons needed at 7 stars

We've had waaaaaaay to much time to say this was a whale milking. I'm ftp and i already have the toons needed at 7 stars

Austin9370 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

You must have used a lot if shipments. I've been farming since available and I still have a ways to go on Carth (120ish shards) and Juhalini (70ish shards).

He's the only FTP with 100% drop rate. And he also purchases those 5-330 with crystals but they only ever drop 330 for him.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Yeah, no. Most guesses didn't have Carth on the list. And most f2p don't have all 5 anywhere near 7*. Like I said, whatever. I stopped caring 18 months ago when this path was set in motion.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    It won’t start later than the 21at

They don’t want everyone to have him first go around without spending
  • Austin9370 wrote: »

You must have used a lot if shipments. I've been farming since available and I still have a ways to go on Carth (120ish shards) and Juhalini (70ish shards).

Of course I bought some shipments from crystals, that doesn't make it less f2p
    Jek_Face wrote: »

He's the only FTP with 100% drop rate. And he also purchases those 5-330 with crystals but they only ever drop 330 for him.

For sure buddy, and I get 1 on both arenas because my toons always use that 2% dodge and I win
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    7/85 Juhani. Others are better off but even Canker is 35 shy of 7*. Been farming them since they were available but my RNG was so lousy I couldn't bring myself to throw crystals away at refreshes...just used them on shipments when the right toons showed up.

For JR, I was way further behind because they gave us so much less of a chance to farm the toons. I was so far back that there wasn't a realistic way even for me to whale out and buy my way there.

I still think I'm too far back this time. However, if CG gets greedier smarter and offers something other than a single "spend crystals, and get a random OR toon's shards" option, they might tempt me.
    Yeah, no. Most guesses didn't have Carth on the list. And most f2p don't have all 5 anywhere near 7*. Like I said, whatever. I stopped caring 18 months ago when this path was set in motion.

Huh? Why would anyone assume we didn't need every single OR character who wasn't part of JKR?

Y’all need to start watching @DBofficial125 on YouTube lmfao. I’m F2P as is half my guild.. everyone with 3po is close to 7* on all these toons... lmfao. Y’all just didn’t prioritize properly... that’s fine. But don’t blame CG that you didn’t start farming off the bat and using 1-2 refresh daily...
    And before you complain about arena rank..
    I havnt been in top 20 in either 🤷🏼‍♂️ Just gotta use your stuff wisely... and prioritize
  • Not sure why whether you have 3PO would be a factor. DR will be way better than some silly droid, all other focus should have been dropped immediately when OR went farmable.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Not sure why whether you have 3PO would be a factor. DR will be way better than some silly droid, all other focus should have been dropped immediately when OR went farmable.

Easy to say that now. Except there were also people suggesting that DR might be a while and that GG was legit (before his rework actually went live)...or that Malak was going to come first. Some even thought Sith Maruader might be involved. The only one that people knew for sure was Badstila. Everything else was guessing. And f2p can't always afford to guess - because if they guess wrong, they could fall months behind.

• I think the writing on the wall was pretty clear when they added four OR characters who hadn't been involved in the JKR journey. The only real question was who the fifth would be.
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member

You know you can use Crystal's to refresh hard nodes? Most ftp that are in top 20 in the arenas had no problem farming without buying shipments
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    I think the writing on the wall was pretty clear when they added four OR characters who hadn't been involved in the JKR journey. The only real question was who the fifth would be.

Requirements were clear however if people didn't get the falcon then they would struggle to get the crystal income in fleet. This coupled with still farming BH ships meant they would be behind the 8 ball in OR farming.

This game is all about keeping your head above the water. Hoard 50K crystals then spend them for a meta changing character. Then recover.
  • DocDoom wrote: »
    7/85 Juhani. Others are better off but even Canker is 35 shy of 7*. Been farming them since they were available but my RNG was so lousy I couldn't bring myself to throw crystals away at refreshes...just used them on shipments when the right toons showed up.

For JR, I was way further behind because they gave us so much less of a chance to farm the toons. I was so far back that there wasn't a realistic way even for me to whale out and buy my way there.

I still think I'm too far back this time. However, if CG gets greedier smarter and offers something other than a single "spend crystals, and get a random OR toon's shards" option, they might tempt me.

Jedi Revan was only one week less. However those characters were available in two nodes each.

Darth Revan is less F2P accessible due to the single fleet node. It is much cheaper to have one less week but double the farm spots.

• CazNeerg wrote: »

Huh? Why would anyone assume we didn't need every single OR character who wasn't part of JKR?

^^ This. If you pay any attention at all, you should have known for a couple of months that these toons were going to be needed. I've seen no one speculate that Carth would not be included in the event. Anyone who is unprepared at this point either didn't pay attention or didn't take it seriously enough to be in position.
  • CG has showed lack of creativity. With 90% of the Arena being JK Revan, they sure are allowing a swap to Darth Revan. Why release the Ebon Hawke if you're not going to require the crew to use it? After all, it was THE ship that allowed you to progress in the KOTOR and KOTOR 2. It would also allow less saturation of Darth Revan, not to mention more potential revenue. For me it makes the most sense. They all climb aboard and travel to different planets to gain experience and complete missions. Without it... there is no game. Just a huge disconnect. It's not too late to change it. Hint Hint
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    DR is OP, we need a counter! (Why waste time lol)

I'm more excited for the HK-47 rework :)
  • This was smart of CG. Less time for JKR with toons with multiple nodes.
    - missed out. **** JKR is no joke
    - JKR returns. Arena is bananas.
    - One week longer for DR requirements. Plus an older toon. Plus packs.
    - Forecast —> money.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I think there are too many assumptions made about the nature of DR. It will %100 kill Revan, the rest we don't know.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    I think there are too many assumptions made about the nature of DR. It will %100 kill Revan, the rest we don't know.

Killing Revan isn't the issue. Handling Jolee is
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    ir5bgui1urj6.png

From SWTOR, possible look for him here? Now I want to go run Maelstrom Prison lol
  • We can also probably safely assume that Badstila and HK will be ideal in the team. Or one of the two and the Triumvirate.