How do you destroy that which you have created?

Prev13
TL;DR – How do you come back from Revan(s) breaking the game?

I’m a dolphin. My contributions to your estimated daily $100+k revenue is limited but does exist. I’ve enjoyed this game since December 2015. Last year I focused hard on a Trooper’s team, which I enjoyed both the characters and their play style. I was able to battle my way to Rank 30 in PVP while leap frogging teams I could beat. It’s the beauty of a Paper, Rock, Scissors system. The scary part of that system was Bastila Shan. She had this “crazy” 150% number that was a bit shock and awe. However, the meta allowed pvp moves around her while; in Grand Arena or Territory War counters could exist.

Enter Revan.

Revan was a wall of text, pay to win character that was unstoppable. He and his Jedi were all three paper, rock, and scissors. However due to his whale only availability, he was only showing up occasionally at the dolphin level.

Two weeks ago, this all changed. He broke Grand Arena, Territory War and PvP across the board. He is required to play Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, and I don’t want to play him. I don’t want to play his soon to be counter Darth Revan. There is chattered in our Discord about ships and what fleet rank each of us have achieved today or what ships should we farm. Ships and fleet have been dead since arrival. It is however the only thing semi-fun to this game right now, and for the estimated next six months.

Darth Revan is probably the nail for me. I’ll still play, but my hours of devotion and cash influx will cease. It is not enjoyable any more and I’m afraid you can’t come back without a nerf…. And you can’t nerf something people paid cold hard cash for.

I really liked this game, and I’m sad it’s dead to me now. Long Live "Star Wars Galaxy of The Old Republic, the Wall of Text Expansion".

721ltjtxcsjx.png

s6eiugpmnjgu.png

Replies

• Kluster
    2 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This ^^^ and this vvv

ck6vr63nb1q4.jpg
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Kluster wrote: »
    This ^^^ and this vvv

ck6vr63nb1q4.jpg

This is one of those jokes where I'm amused but also kind of mad that I didn't think of it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Revan is a bit nuts, but I like the irony of your guild TW message "attack smart" and then seeing an opposing revan team with 22 defenses.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Revan is a bit nuts, but I like the irony of your guild TW message "attack smart" and then seeing an opposing revan team with 22 defenses.

I was thinking the same. Also GMY is dead, and he's like 75% of what makes that team so hard to beat, so I'm curious what people were throwing at it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Agree with everything the OP said. Sadly.

In the past 18 months, CG has managed to take a great game and turn it into...well, this.

Whether Darth Revan becomes the new meta, or is simply another GG smoke-and-mirrors job by CG, it doesn't really matter.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • You don’t really have to nerf Revan... Revan’s team has an Achilles... you make a new marquee toon that is plug and play into any top team and a die-hard counter against the whole team... win on auto. That’s what I want to see.

How about a locked debuff that automattically kills a character if they get more than 5 buffs. Also that character can never be revived. If we really hate The Revan Meta then just make that buff an AoE.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Revan is a bit nuts, but I like the irony of your guild TW message "attack smart" and then seeing an opposing revan team with 22 defenses.

I was thinking the same. Also GMY is dead, and he's like 75% of what makes that team so hard to beat, so I'm curious what people were throwing at it.

Our opponent had one Revan top, Two bottom and 13 in guild. We went South as north was an obvious trap. We could not break their Revan for 25 attempts. They didn't even set full defense.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

Probably afraid to waste their best team at it and send in weaker team and then failed at the end.
  • If you didn’t unlock Revan on the 2nd chance around... you failed yourself... if you don’t unlock Darth Revan on the 2nd chance around... you have failed yourself!
    You have trash priorities. Not CGs fault
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Glennbob wrote: »
    If you didn’t unlock Revan on the 2nd chance around... you failed yourself... if you don’t unlock Darth Revan on the 2nd chance around... you have failed yourself!

The failure is the fact that everyone DID unlock Revan the second time around. And everyone runs him. Because he is ridiculously overpowered and not even close to being "balanced" relative to most other teams in the game. Can other team beat him? Sure - if they are g12+ and modded to the teeth with amazing mods. But Revan teams can crush even the best g12+ teams even if Revan (or Bastilla or Jolee) isn't even g12...or well modded or even zeta'd. That's why he has a 90% usage rate in the top 50.

CG either can't or won't balance their game. Either reality is concerning - and not fun to play.

That is why they fail.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Glennbob wrote: »
    If you didn’t unlock Revan on the 2nd chance around... you failed yourself... if you don’t unlock Darth Revan on the 2nd chance around... you have failed yourself!

The failure is the fact that everyone DID unlock Revan the second time around. And everyone runs him. Because he is ridiculously overpowered and not even close to being "balanced" relative to most other teams in the game. Can other team beat him? Sure - if they are g12+ and modded to the teeth with amazing mods. But Revan teams can crush even the best g12+ teams even if Revan (or Bastilla or Jolee) isn't even g12...or well modded or even zeta'd. That's why he has a 90% usage rate in the top 50.

CG either can't or won't balance their game. Either reality is concerning - and not fun to play.

That is why they fail.

Stop complaining. I dont have revan.
  • "Everyone." Lol. The top 100 in squad arena on a given shard is hardly "everyone."
  • Revan is a bit nuts, but I like the irony of your guild TW message "attack smart" and then seeing an opposing revan team with 22 defenses.

For real! Also, opponent’s Bossk is preloaded, as well as another team. Clearly a lack of discipline and communication:(
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    "Everyone." Lol. The top 100 in squad arena on a given shard is hardly "everyone."

Sorry - everyone that's been playing for over a year. Welcome to the forums, Sparky.

• HammytheHamster
    57 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    You don’t really have to nerf Revan... Revan’s team has an Achilles... you make a new marquee toon that is plug and play into any top team and a die-hard counter against the whole team... win on auto. That’s what I want to see.

How about a locked debuff that automattically kills a character if they get more than 5 buffs. Also that character can never be revived. If we really hate The Revan Meta then just make that buff an AoE.

Problem is this only perpetuates the issue. Any team that relies on buffs then becomes useless for a long time forward. That takes rebels, jedi, resistance, as well as plenty of other miscellaneous teams out of the equation.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    There are multiple ways to make a counter to JKR without crazy power creep - punish healing or buffs, block revives, powerful bonuses against Jedi... If CG takes a more focused approach, there's hope that we get back to rock-paper-scissors.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Milking the sunset.......
    "Everyone." Lol. The top 100 in squad arena on a given shard is hardly "everyone."

Sorry - everyone that's been playing for over a year. Welcome to the forums, Sparky.

Its about decisions and choices.
    To farm or not to farm revan.
  • Tomtorr, please don’t think I’m being mean, just realistic.
    If you played since 2015 and your GP is under 3mil, and besides Revan, you lack Traya and JTR, you are a very casual player.
    Your guild has only about a third registered on SWGoH.gg and with just 17 teams on defense must have a rather low TW participation.
    You don’t have a single mod with +20 secondary speed and you’re very lucky to be in a half-dead arena shard to take top250 with Troopers. In my March ‘17 shard, you’d struggle to break 500 with that, if not 1000.
    Fleet is one area where you don’t need great mods to be ranked, but you dislike it for some reason.

One can’t expect to compete in the Olympics by casually swimming twice a week at the local Y.
    Arena, GA and TW are all high-end content and they require focus. Heroic Sith is pretty much mid-game now, and you guild can’t even do that.
    It’s ok to play the way you want, but then don’t blame Revan on your woes. From a competitive standpoint, your approach to the game is fundamentally flawed. If you’d like to get better, Warrior on youtube has great videos on his 5 pillar system. There are discord servers that’ll help you improve in various aspects of the game.

Good luck, don’t lose hope and may the force be with you! 😉
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    There are multiple ways to make a counter to JKR without crazy power creep - punish healing or buffs, block revives, powerful bonuses against Jedi... If CG takes a more focused approach, there's hope that we get back to rock-paper-scissors.

Sadly, in the last 18 months or so, every time I have hoped CG would do the "right thing" I have been disappointed. So there's that.

• Glennbob wrote: »

As a F2P who gets every single character on the second round I couldn't agree more. If you failed to manage your priorities it's your fault not CG. Everybody knew Darth Revan was coming. lol
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Sadly, in the last 18 months or so, every time I have hoped CG would do the "right thing" I have been disappointed. So there's that.

Chewie and C-3PO made CLS relevant again, which led to a fairly balanced arena for a while (aside from Revan wall at the very top). That wasn't so bad, was it?
  • And yet people are beating Revan teams with GG droid teams, lol.

You know there is a difference between the date of joining the forums, and the date of starting the game, right? I've been playing since launch. I just didn't care enough about anything to bother with the forums until Darth Revan became imminent.
  • You have a screenshot of a Trooper team losing to Revan. Big deal. They have zero Journey or Legendary characters.

Revan can be beat by ewoks (look it up), Traya, CLS+3PO, JTR+Droids, Finn+3PO, and Grievous.

• Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    You have a screenshot of a Trooper team losing to Revan. Big deal. They have zero Journey or Legendary characters.

Revan can be beat by ewoks (look it up), Traya, CLS+3PO, JTR+Droids, Finn+3PO, and Grievous.
    Also Nightsisters can beat Revan team. So I am very surprised to see 22 fights won by Revan team in tw. There should be number 1.

• Revan can be beat by ewoks (look it up), Traya, CLS+3PO, JTR+Droids, Finn+3PO, and Grievous.

Lol ewoks, good luck :D
  • I'm not asking to be competitive, I'm asking for the game I play to be diverse and fun. Revan vs Darth Revan isn't fun.
  • Tomtorr wrote: »
    I'm not asking to be competitive, I'm asking for the game I play to be diverse and fun. Revan vs Darth Revan isn't fun.

No, but it's just a continuation of what was started with Traya. After Darth Revan we'll get some other Jedi that will swing the pendulum back to Jedi and the cycle will continue. Run Force users in arena or get out.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/