It will be a very difficult task to reclaim the Sith throne.

Prev1
Anyone care to join me in speculation as to what gear levels we'll need?

I just finished all the needed toons. Given that we've had quite a long time, everyone's basically known which toons would be required and HK-47 is an old toon, I'm expecting the gear requirements to be much higher than for Jedi Revan (not that that would be hard!)

I have fallen bastila g11 and the others all g8/9. Since I've managed that with no spending, I imagine the event will probably need more than that. What do other people think?
https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
Discord: Iona Starbound#5299

Replies

• Sith throne …
    Battle against Darth Vitiate?
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Sith throne …
    Battle against Darth Vitiate?

The dev post says we'll be using darth revan to fight the old Republic.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    I'm guessing gear 10-11. But if I were in your position, I'd basically assume gear 12.
  • Not as a big panic as JKR so more gear needed.
    I would say the minimum g10 with zetas and great mods.
    Anything g11 and up will make it easier.
    Probably fighting JKR.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Not as a big panic as JKR so more gear needed.
    Probably fighting JKR.

Agreed on everything except the last part. Darth Revan is an alternate version, it makes no sense for him to fight JKR.
    Probably fighting JKR.

Jedi Revan event was 3 weeks after the last OR characters became farmable. If this one launches around March 21st...which seems most likely as that is about a week after the requirements were announced, the typical pattern, and that would be after the Thrawn event ends....then that would only be 1 more week than they gave for the Jedi Revan event. So it's not like they gave everyone a ton of extra time....it's just that people started farming these characters asap when they became farmable because most people expected we would need them for Darth Revan or Darth Malak. I would say the use of "very difficult task" and "challenging" in the announcement post are more likely indicators about the gearing levels needed rather than the timing of the event.
  • Calm down. It’s a big RNG cluster as usual. Have gear ready. Try with what you have.

If you fail adapt and overcome!!
    Probably fighting JKR.

Jedi Revan event was 3 weeks after the last OR characters became farmable. If this one launches around March 21st...which seems most likely as that is about a week after the requirements were announced, the typical pattern, and that would be after the Thrawn event ends....then that would only be 1 more week than they gave for the Jedi Revan event. So it's not like they gave everyone a ton of extra time....it's just that people started farming these characters asap when they became farmable because most people expected we would need them for Darth Revan or Darth Malak. I would say the use of "very difficult task" and "challenging" in the announcement post are more likely indicators about the gearing levels needed rather than the timing of the event.

I’ll take that extra week anyday.
    Nauros wrote: »
    Not as a big panic as JKR so more gear needed.
    Probably fighting JKR.

Agreed on everything except the last part. Darth Revan is an alternate version, it makes no sense for him to fight JKR.

Even better, I’m just fearing the worst.

• Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Look at the title and google Scourge. Not Revan? Lord Scourge who was under Darth Revan? O.o

Sorry can’t post pictures
  • I’d speculate Carth will be leader and need his leadership Zeta. Juhani is the only tank so G12 her. All other toons probably need Omegas & G11. I don’t see any other important zetas but who knows.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    They've previously stated that journey events would be g9 recommended.

CLS, JTR, and JKR were all in that wheel house

They've never used the wording "very difficult" in the past and they're calling it an "upcoming event". In fact, for comparison sake, both C3PO and Chewbacca were "very difficult" events.I think we're gonna need more than G9 at least for some phases. If you don't want to invest, its probably a good idea to have gear on hand just in case.

They also said in the announcement that you complete your journey to the dark side.

Wouldn't make sense for Jedi Revan to be a journey event and Darth Revan to not. Legendaries have required specific factions not specific toons.

Now if it turns out to be a legendary all bets are off obviously. But I don't see that being the case.

So either Malak is a legendary needing all g12, 6* mod, fully zeta'd OR toons or he's going to be a marquee.
    But this revan? Almost certainly a journey event.

Most likely the first hero’s fall journey. Anakin will follow the same format and I believe he will be the next journey toon.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Look at the title and google Scourge. Not Revan?

Except they also explicitly say "Darth Revan" in the post. So yes Revan.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Journey toon requiring G12 with out a doubt.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I’d speculate Carth will be leader and need his leadership Zeta. Juhani is the only tank so G12 her. All other toons probably need Omegas & G11. I don’t see any other important zetas but who knows.

We got JKR as a leader in his event, I expect this to be the same case. Besides, for the final stages, Carth makes more sense as an enemy.
    Zeta on Fallen Bastila might be needed, provided it gets boosted with some Darth Revan synergy.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    Journey toon requiring G12 with out a doubt.

Nah, CG isn’t that cruel. Cruel yes, but not that cruel.
  • I’d speculate Carth will be leader and need his leadership Zeta. Juhani is the only tank so G12 her. All other toons probably need Omegas & G11. I don’t see any other important zetas but who knows.

Carth's leadership zeta is OR ally recover 3% prot and hp when a dot is inflicted...

Unless he's leading ordo and bigz and mission there's ltttle reason to zeta it.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Haha- also JKR’s event was pretty easy. I heard people didn’t really even have like anything on mission and t3.
  • R0LAND
    42 posts Member
    Bastilla fallen zeta is crap. So wouldn't bother with that one
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    I’d speculate Carth will be leader and need his leadership Zeta. Juhani is the only tank so G12 her. All other toons probably need Omegas & G11. I don’t see any other important zetas but who knows.

Carth's leadership zeta is OR ally recover 3% prot and hp when a dot is inflicted...

Unless he's leading ordo and bigz and mission there's ltttle reason to zeta it.

Keep in mind 2 reworks are coming. That’s 40% of the team we don’t know full kits for. 50% If Revan is also given to us and used (not saying this is the case, but it’s possible). I would absolutely hold off on the zeta for now, but it could still be key.
  • R0LAND wrote: »

They are probably tweaking it.
    I think this important. I’m sure they are running the tests and this adds the extra oomph
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    R0LAND wrote: »

That's why I am expecting her to get some powerful synergy with Darth Revan added to it. Right now, it's barely worthy of an omega, so there must be more to it than we see now.
  • Cue the Panic Gear Farming...
  • dominiQC wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Haha- also JKR’s event was pretty easy. I heard people didn’t really even have like anything on mission and t3.

And Zaalbar... Really easy event, the easiest we had.

h3gm5cg9ir53.jpg

Nice!
    I’m guessing there is no coincidence that canderous gears 7 and 8 were monsters and that this event will be very difficult.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    R0LAND wrote: »

That's why I am expecting her to get some powerful synergy with Darth Revan added to it. Right now, it's barely worthy of an omega, so there must be more to it than we see now.

I say leave her zeta alone.
    We have soo many weak character with weak zeta, why bother with a great char, just because her zeta suck?
  • So we know Fallen Bast, Carth, and Canderous are worth gearing for use in many game modes, so it probably doesn't hurt to have them to say at least 11 anyway.

HK is currently meh, and Juhani is sub meh. So I wouldn't apply any gear to either of them if you haven't already until you actually try to unlock a few times.