Am I the only one?

Prev1
anyone else hoping for some Clone Wars love for the new season coming out this fall? Obviously it was disappointing how little love they got on their ten year anniversary.

Anyways... on a scale of 1-10 how much do you hope the clone wars era gets some attention? And what do you want to see? A legendary? Grievous ship? Meta? Padme? Dark side Anakin?!

Replies

• As long as we have new scoundrels in the game, then I am in.
  • GG capital ship is definitely coming for it. A padme and anakin is very possible.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    It does seem weird that we have minor characters like Plo Koon and Kit Fisto, but Padme is still missing.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    It does seem weird that we have minor characters like Plo Koon and Kit Fisto, but Padme is still missing.

CG does tend to keep highly anticipated things in their back pocket. We know they’ll release a Jedi Luke. We’ll get a ship Raid eventually. Hopefully they have some highly anticipated clone era stuff in their back pocket.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    As long as we have new scoundrels in the game, then I am in.

Word
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    - Padme
    - Ki-Adi-Mundi
    - Sep capital + droid fighters
    - Gungans (yes, really. Just not that particular one)
    - Ground vehicle battles, but that's unlikely to happen.
  • 1. Not excited for prequel content. Would much rather see KOTOR, original trilogy, sequel trilogy, or even a few of the Solo characters we didn’t get.

• Jarvind wrote: »

CG does tend to keep highly anticipated things in their back pocket. We know they’ll release a Jedi Luke. We’ll get a ship Raid eventually. Hopefully they have some highly anticipated clone era stuff in their back pocket.

We do? I gave up on that a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away ...
  • anyone else hoping for some Clone Wars love for the new season coming out this fall? Obviously it was disappointing how little love they got on their ten year anniversary.

Anyways... on a scale of 1-10 how much do you hope the clone wars era gets some attention? And what do you want to see? A legendary? Grievous ship? Meta? Padme? Dark side Anakin?!

You know that 25% of the roster (toons) is prequel/Clone Wars era toons already right?

All the people complaining that we have too much Old Republic content (which isn't even half the number of toons) are going to lose their minds if prequel content gets to 26 or 27% of the rosters.

Disagree. There’s a reason why there’s nonstop overwhelming feedback the last Month + that the majority community is Burnt out on KOTOR.

I’ve been playing the Game for 1 year now and it’s been 100% KOTOR or bust during that time. So every single player who has joined the game for the past year is farming the OP KOTOR toons. KOTOR or bust.

KOTOR is not canon and over half the community was unfamiliar with anything KOTOR. There are 24 Galactic Republic toons. There’s 5 usable ones and the rest have beyond outdated kits.
  • U are forgetting the separatist faction 3 sith 5 bhs and probably a few others so sbout 45 or so clone war era toons
  • So lets Make Old Republic as big as the Clone war/Prequel era. Let’s get rid of all the 8 Nightsisters, Anakin, Jango Fett, GMYoda, Mace, Kenobi, Ahsoka, Darth Maul, Dooku, Bossk, Rex, Fives, all the clones, Grievous, etc. then pick 11 and we’re even. No thank you.
  • The clones will be reworked. Their only good qualities will be strong anti-Separatists and anti-droid synergies, making them useless except against tank raid and the equally useless Grievous team.
  • anyone else hoping for some Clone Wars love for the new season coming out this fall? Obviously it was disappointing how little love they got on their ten year anniversary.

You know that 25% of the roster (toons) is prequel/Clone Wars era toons already right?

All the people complaining that we have too much Old Republic content (which isn't even half the number of toons) are going to lose their minds if prequel content gets to 26 or 27% of the rosters.

Disagree. There’s a reason why there’s nonstop overwhelming feedback the last Month + that the majority community is Burnt out on KOTOR.

I’ve been playing the Game for 1 year now and it’s been 100% KOTOR or bust during that time. So every single player who has joined the game for the past year is farming the OP KOTOR toons. KOTOR or bust.

KOTOR is not canon and over half the community was unfamiliar with anything KOTOR. There are 24 Galactic Republic toons. There’s 5 usable ones and the rest have beyond outdated kits.

I was poking a bit of fun. But to your point about the KOTOR flood I think a lot has to do with timing.

I've been playing since day one and they've consistently released content tied to the movies/tv shows as they been coming out.

What are they supposed to do during downtime? From what I can see they've listened to the community. Revan was probably the most requested toon by us so it makes sense that they milk it for what it's worth.

Once the new clone wars season hits, I'm sure we'll get content related to it. Once episode 9 hits, I'm sure we'll get content related to it.

During the downtime? They have a 5-year plan as Carrie has stated and im sure part of that content (rosters) has been shaped by what we've asked for.

Sorry, I’m a bit snarky today 😂. I haven’t had my morning cup of coffee. Looks like I’ll be drinking a lot of coffee for the next 6 months.
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Double shot Crem de mint chocolate mint latte. Looks like I’ll be adding a couple more shots.
    anyone else hoping for some Clone Wars love for the new season coming out this fall? Obviously it was disappointing how little love they got on their ten year anniversary.

I was poking a bit of fun. But to your point about the KOTOR flood I think a lot has to do with timing.

I've been playing since day one and they've consistently released content tied to the movies/tv shows as they been coming out.

What are they supposed to do during downtime? From what I can see they've listened to the community. Revan was probably the most requested toon by us so it makes sense that they milk it for what it's worth.

Once the new clone wars season hits, I'm sure we'll get content related to it. Once episode 9 hits, I'm sure we'll get content related to it.

During the downtime? They have a 5-year plan as Carrie has stated and im sure part of that content (rosters) has been shaped by what we've asked for.

Sorry, I’m a bit snarky today 😂. I haven’t had my morning cup of coffee. Looks like I’ll be drinking a lot of coffee for the next 6 months.

Then you better hope it's not the summer of KOTOR 2 lol

What kind of coffee do you drink? Maybe I should go invest in them 🤣🤣🤣

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

Most major galactic Republic characters are already in-game and have been out for years, so are extremely readily attainable. The only way to make them relevant would be a rework, which wouldn't really bring any money in for CG because everyone already has these toons. I don't see galactic Republic becoming a meta-defining faction for that reason.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Hopefully they'll release Green Milk Mustache Luke from TLJ, and he'll be even more powerful than the eventual Beat Poet Luke from RotJ.
  • I’m sticking to my theory that they had Clone reworks prepped for the 10 year anniversary and then Disney made them hold off until the release of the new series.
  • I’m sticking to my theory that they had Clone reworks prepped for the 10 year anniversary and then Disney made them hold off until the release of the new series.

I think they’re kind of “teasing” reworks with artwork first. HK got a new stance. Clones got helmets... Grievous had new artwork before his rework.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    The clones will be reworked. Their only good qualities will be strong anti-Separatists and anti-droid synergies, making them useless except against tank raid and the equally useless Grievous team.

I have no idea why people keep saying Grievous is useless. The only team I struggle against is CLS.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Has anyone ever been "the only one" to have any thought or idea or feeling about the game? I already knew you weren't "the only one" without even reading the thread, lol.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I really hope we get a General Grievous rework.

Besides that I want to see a few clones added (including a taunting tank of some kind), and some strong synergy there.

I want to see Shaak Ti, and a few other Jedi added, and the CW era Jedi we have actually made useful. Mace, Plo Koon and Luminara are my favorites that need some serious work.

Seperatists need some actual Synergy. A few new toons, and some ability to work together would be novel. That is, something besides the ability GG has to kill his own team faster than the enemy can. (Neat idea to have a selfish ability for him, but its WAY overboard on how detrimental it is. Stacking damage to his allies is a HORRIBLE idea.)

We also need to fill in some odds and ends. I know many want a Padme character. There are probably a few more Nightsisters or others to round things out. Hondo also. I almost forgot Hondo.

Lastly, we need a Clone Wars themed territory battle map. Dark and light side. The maps we have are ancient. They need to go.
  • So lets Make Old Republic as big as the Clone war/Prequel era. Let’s get rid of all the 8 Nightsisters, Anakin, Jango Fett, GMYoda, Mace, Kenobi, Ahsoka, Darth Maul, Dooku, Bossk, Rex, Fives, all the clones, Grievous, etc. then pick 11 and we’re even. No thank you.

Bossk? Um.....
  • Bossk did nothing in Empire. To me he's prequel because of what he did in CW.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • First time I saw Bossk was in the clone wars. They could add more of his kind if they wanted.
  • I’ll be one of those people posting ridiculous amounts of gear if we keep getting KOTOR garbage. I’m hoarding gear for after KOTOR passes. I have zero interest in that old game. I’m fed up with this KOTOR meta. It’s just boring.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    I’ll be one of those people posting ridiculous amounts of gear if we keep getting KOTOR garbage. I’m hoarding gear for after KOTOR passes. I have zero interest in that old game. I’m fed up with this KOTOR meta. It’s just boring.

Serious question; would you still be fed up if the mechanics were exactly the same, but were assigned to characters you like?