Version Update 3/13 - Quality of Life - [MEGA]

Replies

• JerryHello wrote: »
    Touche, but still leader abilities nonetheless. And 5 zeta leader abilities is still a lot for a faction that consists of only 13.

For sure. My view is skewed though. I’m an empire guy with all of them zetad lol Too much leadership there lol

I’m afraid the triumvirate will be meta again. If true I’m hoping they will be more fun to play.
  • B0baf3tt wrote: »
    The raid seems like it will auto sim after 1 hour. This leaves anyone wanting to actually play 1 hour to play event before event is over. Lots of time

That’s how I read it too
  • Thank you for making the squad-only GA GP changes! I've been getting some pretty uneven matchmaking because I have stronger fleets.
  • Put the sim sliders back the way they were. If I want to do more than one, I can drag the slider myself.
  • bradzo wrote: »
    "New Packs and Bundles
    Scourge of the Old Republic Event Pack
    Power up the characters needed in the Scourge of the Old Republic event with this Event Pack!
    Each pack awards 1 card of character shards worth 10-330 shards.
    Possible characters:
    • Bastila Shan (Fallen)
    • Canderous Ordo
    • Carth Onasi
    • HK‌-47
    • Juhani
    Date available: Mar 13th
    699 Crystals
    Minimum Level Requirement: 20"

REALLY??? do you hate us that much that you have all 5 characters on one pack??? HK too??? i really hope this changes due to release cadence on both new OR characters

This is the faction shard pack (aka gambling pack), not the character bundles. Faction packs typically contain even more characters that you may have already 7-starred. E.g., rebels, scoundrels, Empire etc. This pack is the smallest one to date afaik.
  • Citadel_of_Ricks
    229 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I read this whole update and thought, there's no way people are going to complain about all these improvements. I know there have been some complaints in the past, but these are all things that seem to be universally requested.

Ships out of GP for GA? Great.
    UI changes that you can toggle on and off? Fantastic.
    The option to sim raids? Cool.
    Squads button on the character screen? Long overdue, but good.

Who wouldn't be happy with these changes?

I was wrong.
    Touche, but still leader abilities nonetheless. And 5 zeta leader abilities is still a lot for a faction that consists of only 13.

For sure. My view is skewed though. I’m an empire guy with all of them zetad lol Too much leadership there lol

I’m afraid the triumvirate will be meta again. If true I’m hoping they will be more fun to play.

Bounty Hunters have 10 toons and 10 leaders.
  • Would it be possible to have sim in the events we finished ? Like the « assault battles »? It takes some time, even on auto, to finish them.
    You could set some criteria to be able to sim it, like 3* the events n times, something like that.

Simming the events would really be a wonderful time saving QoL improvement from my point of vue.

As well as suppressing the 2 min wait between the challenges. I really don’t see the point to that one...
  • Strubz wrote: »
    With my guild right now, we have a lottery to have a single person slay the rancor. 24 hour sign up because we have people from all over the world in our guild. Literally takes 5 to 8 minutes for them to battle and another hour for everyone to get the rewards.

Raid simming then is saving very very little time. It seems like a lot of effort to introduce a feature to veteran guilds that already have a system in place that essentially requires the same amount of effort.

I'm sorry I love this game and the other changes but there are moments like this that just blow my mind. I'm sure SOMEONE had to have mentioned to the development team "Hey, why not just auto join everyone in the guild." There had to have been a discussion. At the very least could you share why this wasn't a possibility or why you still require a join period?

1) the way your guild does rancor is not how most guilds do it, which is "if you can be on to kill rancor, then you get the higher rewards, congrats", which means ~8 minutes x 20, 30, whatever people. Just because your guild doesn't benefit that much from this doesn't mean a ton of other guilds won't.

2) Clearly getting rewards requires a modicum of effort on the players part and that's a choice CG has made, between payouts requiring you to be on and not auto-given, TW requiring you to at least put in some points, raids at least posting a 0. So suddenly giving everyone who is in a guild auto-Rancor rewards does not, at all, mesh with how they operate.

3) A very minor one, but raid bans are a thing in many guilds and auto-joining everyone in the guild would mess with that (or would be required to code a new thing to prevent people from getting rewards). Not that CG needs to take into account that guilds do things out of game like bans, but it's still a concern on the players'/officers' end.

Bounty Hunters have 10 toons and 10 leaders.

Haha. Good call!
  • a2daj
    22 posts Member
    No word on the 2018 iPad Pros.
    I anticipate the worst.

It's been updated to take advantage of the full screen now. Just updated and confirmed. 12.9 ".
  • So, Darth Revan start in 1 week? New OR packs available for 14 days and 8 hours.
  • Grand Arena Auto-Deploy: If you forget to set your roster after signing up for Grand Arena, or if this is your strategy (shame on you), but if you do forget to set defenses we have a new feature that will distribute your strongest characters from highest to lowest power to your defensive teams. This isn’t a substitute for placing teams yourself as Auto-Deploy doesn’t take into consideration any team composition or synergies.

So if opponent sticks in just one team and nothing else, do their other teams get automatically deployed, or does the auto-deploy robot stop as opponent hasn't 'forgotten' to set something.
  • This looks like a very solid QoL update - thank you, devs!

The only thing to commment on is the lack of information on rewards for simmed raids. A major piece of information we'll need to know before we commit to simming.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Echoing others @CG_SBCrumb. Would very much like to know what rewards we get for simming. Will determine how I feel about this.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Lol the easiest character to 7* and the hardest in the same bundle.
    I really hope CG doesn't think they're being clever with this.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Mods Management scrollbar now remembers the last position it was at after using the back button.

Thank you very much for this. Probably my favorite thing from the entire update lol
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Lot to process, will have to wait and see what its like in game :)
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    In-game message for those that miss it. New effect, Ferocity:
    ds0uigpneov8.png
    f5dhov4rt5db.png

Discuss. I'm interested to see what makes him "adept at killing enemy leaders".

• a2daj
    22 posts Member
    Baronmist wrote: »
    Will the game finally be optimized for 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 and 11 inch??

Yes.
  • Strubz wrote: »
    With my guild right now, we have a lottery to have a single person slay the rancor. 24 hour sign up because we have people from all over the world in our guild. Literally takes 5 to 8 minutes for them to battle and another hour for everyone to get the rewards.

Raid simming then is saving very very little time. It seems like a lot of effort to introduce a feature to veteran guilds that already have a system in place that essentially requires the same amount of effort.

I'm sorry I love this game and the other changes but there are moments like this that just blow my mind. I'm sure SOMEONE had to have mentioned to the development team "Hey, why not just auto join everyone in the guild." There had to have been a discussion. At the very least could you share why this wasn't a possibility or why you still require a join period?

1) the way your guild does rancor is not how most guilds do it, which is "if you can be on to kill rancor, then you get the higher rewards, congrats", which means ~8 minutes x 20, 30, whatever people. Just because your guild doesn't benefit that much from this doesn't mean a ton of other guilds won't.

2) Clearly getting rewards requires a modicum of effort on the players part and that's a choice CG has made, between payouts requiring you to be on and not auto-given, TW requiring you to at least put in some points, raids at least posting a 0. So suddenly giving everyone who is in a guild auto-Rancor rewards does not, at all, mesh with how they operate.

3) A very minor one, but raid bans are a thing in many guilds and auto-joining everyone in the guild would mess with that (or would be required to code a new thing to prevent people from getting rewards). Not that CG needs to take into account that guilds do things out of game like bans, but it's still a concern on the players'/officers' end.

I'm sorry but raid bans are just a stupid idea. Why would you do that? In the long run doesn't that just hurt the guild by reducing the number of rewards flowing in? I can see a damage ban. But entire joining ban? CG should in no way consider such a silly rule when developing content.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Echoing others @CG_SBCrumb. Would very much like to know what rewards we get for simming. Will determine how I feel about this.

Agreed. If we can still get full pieces of good gear, decent guild currency,and moderate salvage then it would probably be worth it.
  • In-game message for those that miss it. New effect, Ferocity:
    ds0uigpneov8.png
    f5dhov4rt5db.png

Were these on the leaked kit?
    ds0uigpneov8.png
    f5dhov4rt5db.png

I honestly can't remember. It was deathmark heavy and overkill even by current power creep standards, so I've deleted it from my brain in favour of waiting for the official kit. I was hoping someone else could remember.
    ds0uigpneov8.png
    f5dhov4rt5db.png

I honestly can't remember. It was deathmark heavy and overkill even by current power creep standards, so I've deleted it from my brain in favour of waiting for the official kit. I was hoping someone else could remember.

Haha. Marked. Deathmarked. Expose.

That leader thing does sounds interesting. Does it take away that ability?
    ds0uigpneov8.png
    f5dhov4rt5db.png

It looks like Darth Revan will not have his purple lightsaber, only the red
  • DaGhost141 wrote: »
    ds0uigpneov8.png
    f5dhov4rt5db.png

Might have it in his left hand, out of shot. We can hope.
  • Leader tag! YES! YES!!

And the Squad update allows us to sort by Unique, which means you can see which characters cross over teams per tab... but more importantly, you can exclude used characters from your roster as you build your squad and actively avoid said crossover.

Bravo. 😍
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • DaGhost141 wrote: »
    ds0uigpneov8.png
    f5dhov4rt5db.png

Might have it in his left hand, out of shot. We can hope.

Ah that’s true, definitely hope they do the duel sabers.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    ORIGINAL TITLE OF STARTED THREAD - WAS THE "SHAME ON YOU" COMMENT REALLY NECESSARY

Just so your tracking if the 200 or so threads about "not setting GA defense" here/reddit wherever were not read by anyone there were ALSO a large percentage of players that are not in favor of the auto deploy feature for various well thought out reasons.

You decided to side with the other party, it is what it is.

You have paying customers who literally have been playing the game the way it was designed (pre change) thrust into a horrible matchmaking algorithm that puts people into match's they have 0.0% chance of winning, which is not enough to just be embarrassed and get last place rewards in that ridiculous match up. You then wanted us to go ahead and spend our "free time" to placate the people winning the better rewards and embarrassing us.... and now even further when we chose not to spend that "free time" placating the puppy tear winners we get told Shame on us by the people we are PAYING.

The current auto deploy feature removes me from having to spend time placating puppy tears so you have fixed 50% of the problem. Now maybe you can focus on the "weeping widow" tears and do something with the matchmaking to avoid a 100% vs 0% odds of winning situation....

You guys honestly could have done a bunch of different things that would have met both groups halfway in the middle with this auto deploy thing...but you chose one side then publicly SHUN the other large group of people that were against it...

You can't satisfy everyone I get it...but that does not mean you have to have a satisfied group and an angry group there were major alternatives to the auto deploy feature that would have satisfied both groups were they even considered ?

I'm sure the tons of people in the threads arguing for forcing people to set a defense because they want a challenge are really going to get that exciting challenge fighting that T3 lead with Chipra, Bastilla, Sion, and Young Han.....just what they were looking for....