Version Update 3/13 - Quality of Life - [MEGA]

Replies

• Some great stuff in there thank you CG. @CG_SBCrumb One note on this addition: Pre-Battle Screen Info: The Character Selection now displays a character’s name and gear tier

This is a fantastic addition but really needs speed added to it, badly, and health&prot a bonus if there too. Moreover, it NEEDS to be there for enemy squads big time. Every day we fight in Squad Arena, then at times in Grand Arena, TW, etc. Every time we have to click on each toon, go down into the stat section, scroll down and look at their speed, because speed is crucial for winning most matches. This would save TONS OF TIME and tedium having just speed added where you have now added gear level!

People already complain about too much text on a small portion of the screen. Putting a bunch of stats on top of the portraits would just crowd things even more.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Those players arguing for forced defence now get the credits for actually fighting, and progress in their GA quests. The two biggest gripes with opponents throwing hissy fits and not deploying.

So the whining opponent gets to try attacking, earn credits & please in quests, but the person who actually wants to play the mode is penalized?

I like the upcoming change. You can still sit back and do nothing, you're just hurting yourself by doing it. Your best teams will be on defence.

Guess you should have played the mode properly...

(By "you" I mean a general "you")
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    That's the only good part of auto deploy... you can now easily get your undersized party award sending in your nest against 5 random nobodies.

Interesting now people who fight people who DON'T set a defense will have an advantage against people who don't fight people who don't set a defense in getting that quest....muahahahahahahahahahahahah

shame on me

bah just lost a bet on the over/under on mega thread merge time.....thanks kyno you cost me a turkey and swiss
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Wait hold on, Why shame on you? Why force auto defence deploy? Are you saying again that you hate the people who play your game? How dare they play how they like? They better play how you want them to play? Don't really like diversity here at all, do they? No wonder they nerfing Finn.

Seriously, People chose to protest against GA by not setting defence, it was their right to do so, And it only helped and promoted and gave extra rewards to the people beating them with free wins.

This is like forced censorship, no need to say "Shame on you", essentially flaming/shooting all the people who didn't like GA and/or wanted improvements, such as the Ship GP change added here. Sheesh.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Wait hold on, Why shame on you? Why force auto defence deploy? Are you saying again that you hate the people who play your game? How dare they play how they like? They better play how you want them to play? Don't really like diversity here at all, do they? No wonder they nerfing Finn.

Seriously, People chose to protest against GA by not setting defence, it was their right to do so, And it only helped and promoted and gave extra rewards to the people beating them with free wins.

This is like forced censorship, no need to say "Shame on you", essentially flaming/shooting all the people who didn't like GA and/or wanted improvements, such as the Ship GP change added here. Sheesh.

You never know maybe Crumb did not think auto deploy was necessary and was poking fun at the people who shed tears over the thing for months and was trolling THEM instead of us..... at least when i think about it that way I dont' want to stop spending :)
  • @Gorem the problem is that the people who WANTED to play GA couldn't play it either. Intentionally tantruming/protesting by not deploying was affecting how other people could play the mode. That goes against the spirit of the gameplay.

The simplest solution would be to not click join at all if "you" really want to protest. By not setting defence you still earned the ability to attack your opponent. You earned credits. You progressed in quests. Even if you lost Round 1, 2, and 3, you still made progress. The people playing you didn't. Yeah they earned a bigger overall prize and the round rewards but depending on GP they're out hundreds of thousands of credits and all the rewards for Quest completions.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Gorem the problem is that the people who WANTED to play GA couldn't play it either. Intentionally tantruming/protesting by not deploying was affecting how other people could play the mode. That goes against the spirit of the gameplay.

So the people who want to play but get mismatched by 50 G12 toons and get put up against 2 front areas where they cannot beat a single team mean nothing...... I BET THEY WANT TO PLAY TOO....but can't because instead of fixing the matchmaking to limit over- overmatching they only fixed it for half the people (whatever the real number is)

I mean why don't they get to play...... the person your playing against who can't lose who can't lose a single team he get's to play..... they WANTED to play.....

so we end up with the people who were winning/going to win anyway still get to play and the people hopelessly outmatched who can't take a single opposing team....STILL DON'T get to play......

seems legit

horrible matchmaking goes against the spirit of the gameplay too because at that point it's only a game for one person same as it is when someone does not set
  • Put the sim sliders back the way they were. If I want to do more than one, I can drag the slider myself.
    I absolutely agree. I prefer the slider default to minimum sims, not maximum. I don't know about anyone else, but I never maximum sim any node. Call it superstitious or OCD, but that's me...
  • BoZaNoVa wrote: »
    Put the sim sliders back the way they were. If I want to do more than one, I can drag the slider myself.
    I absolutely agree. I prefer the slider default to minimum sims, not maximum. I don't know about anyone else, but I never maximum sim any node. Call it superstitious or OCD, but that's me...

Just slide it the other way... I really doubt that people were doing one sim at a time, so you had to slide it anyway.
  • BoZaNoVa
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm not sure if what I'm about to propose is possible or even a ludicrous idea. What if players are able to select a certain amount of characters from their rosters to compete in Grand Arena during the join period. Wouldn't that put any 'roster fluffing' issues to bed? Something like a deployment system similar to Territory Battles...
  • Thank you for this update. Some much appreciated changes.

I am continually dumbfounded by how negative these boards are. Sheesh, folks.
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Thank you for this update. Some much appreciated changes.

I am continually dumbfounded by how negative these boards are. Sheesh, folks.

I agree, I really like this update and I can't wait to see the other part of it.

I'm interested to see the rewards after simming the Rancor!
  • BoZaNoVa
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    LtGenStu wrote: »
    BoZaNoVa wrote: »
    Put the sim sliders back the way they were. If I want to do more than one, I can drag the slider myself.

Just slide it the other way... I really doubt that people were doing one sim at a time, so you had to slide it anyway.

I just think some things that aren't broken, don't need to be changed. I'm all for QOL improvements. But how does this improve on the QOL of the game?
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    edited March 2019

I just think some things that aren't broken, don't need to be changed. I'm all for QOL improvements. But how does this improve on the QOL of the game?

A lot of people including myself don't need to slide it to the max.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    How do we get Rancor Profiles pictures if the pit is simmed ?
  • I wish they made it so when looking at who else needs the same gear when looking at a piece of gear, it only shows characters that don't already have it equipped...
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Aydnie wrote: »
    How do we get Rancor Profiles pictures if the pit is simmed ?

You can't, you need to manually complete the raid in order to get quests or achievements.
  • Any chance of some stats OR leaderboards for GA Now?
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    when you say "guilds must have completed rancor 50 times", does it counts past times before the update ? or is it only 50 times after the update ?
  • BoZaNoVa
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2019

A lot of people including myself don't need to slide it to the max.

That's a little presumptuous of you. I could easily counter by saying a lot people including myself don't max sim. I don't mind having to relearn a mechanic in the game if it's an improvement, but this truly isn't...
  • **** is gear find flow , is this a fancy way of saying better drop rate
  • oh! so this is what destroyed the game. what a horrible update. i like the small icons but the slide bar always forced at the maximum number of tickets is a nightmare. really hideous.
  • Why are my posts being deleted? Can't speak my mind without being censored...
    Why are my posts being deleted? Can't speak my mind without being censored...

By the way I didn't say the majority ;) I said a lot. There is also a lot of people doing grouped sims.

This is a never ending debate anyway and this will not please everyone, I understand.
  • BoZaNoVa
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2019

By the way I didn't say the majority ;) I said a lot. There is also a lot of people doing grouped sims.

This is a never ending debate anyway and this will not please everyone, I understand.

You tried to counter my argument and when you realised it was weak you had my messages deleted. Bad form my friend...
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    edited March 2019

You tried to counter my argument and when you realised it was weak you had my messages deleted. Bad form my friend...

Humm I did not have your message deleted?!?! What are you saying? I had some messages deleted too...

I'm out of here that's exactly why I don't come to these forums anymore...
  • Has anyone with an iPhone XS Max experienced the arena rankings UI glitch after this update? All the rankings are jumbled together unless I scroll down and then only the odd ranks are shown
  • BoZaNoVa
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Humm I did not have your message deleted?!?! What are you saying? I had some messages deleted too...

I guess we were both censored then. My apologies for accusing you.

I guess we were both censored then. My apologise for accusing you.

Apologies accepted. :smile:
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    lWFe2Ei.jpg

Very cool to see that we finally have more character information after icon holding with a finger. I've always asked for this, so hopefully you guys can put this in consideration, but can we get current stats also included on the icon hold for debugging / easier understanding?

Like the current speed (including leadership, mods, buffs / debuffs such as speed up / down)? Current Health and Protection, offense etc.

It would be easier to see if everything is WAI and helps explaining to others how some toons are interacting with how complex everyone's kits has become.