Version Update 3/13 - Quality of Life - [MEGA]

Replies

• Dk_rek wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Gorem the problem is that the people who WANTED to play GA couldn't play it either. Intentionally tantruming/protesting by not deploying was affecting how other people could play the mode. That goes against the spirit of the gameplay.

So the people who want to play but get mismatched by 50 G12 toons and get put up against 2 front areas where they cannot beat a single team mean nothing...... I BET THEY WANT TO PLAY TOO....but can't because instead of fixing the matchmaking to limit over- overmatching they only fixed it for half the people (whatever the real number is)

I mean why don't they get to play...... the person your playing against who can't lose who can't lose a single team he get's to play..... they WANTED to play.....

so we end up with the people who were winning/going to win anyway still get to play and the people hopelessly outmatched who can't take a single opposing team....STILL DON'T get to play......

seems legit

horrible matchmaking goes against the spirit of the gameplay too because at that point it's only a game for one person same as it is when someone does not set

Players don’t make the matchmaking. Not setting up defenses punished players. No logic, no point, no argument, and now no more.

Honestly i love everything about that update but the salt from those very unpleasant opponents (abusers) is the best icing i could have hoped for for my cake.
  • Angelloyd
    365 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Well, seems GAs without ships will just become a lot easier now. Not that they weren't easy to win before. At least now people will stop complaining they lost due to ship GP counting. Now they will have to say they lost because they are bad
  • KChat
    45 posts Member
    The “Node Simming Slider” update is a solution no one asked for, to a problem no one had... Seems like they’re trying to make us inadvertently mis-spend energy. Garbage.
  • Porthos72
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    You see, this update sounds good in here, but tbh the old version of the game is better
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    ORIGINAL TITLE OF STARTED THREAD - WAS THE "SHAME ON YOU" COMMENT REALLY NECESSARY

Just so your tracking if the 200 or so threads about "not setting GA defense" here/reddit wherever were not read by anyone there were ALSO a large percentage of players that are not in favor of the auto deploy feature for various well thought out reasons.

You decided to side with the other party, it is what it is.

You have paying customers who literally have been playing the game the way it was designed (pre change) thrust into a horrible matchmaking algorithm that puts people into match's they have 0.0% chance of winning, which is not enough to just be embarrassed and get last place rewards in that ridiculous match up. You then wanted us to go ahead and spend our "free time" to placate the people winning the better rewards and embarrassing us.... and now even further when we chose not to spend that "free time" placating the puppy tear winners we get told Shame on us by the people we are PAYING.

The current auto deploy feature removes me from having to spend time placating puppy tears so you have fixed 50% of the problem. Now maybe you can focus on the "weeping widow" tears and do something with the matchmaking to avoid a 100% vs 0% odds of winning situation....

You guys honestly could have done a bunch of different things that would have met both groups halfway in the middle with this auto deploy thing...but you chose one side then publicly SHUN the other large group of people that were against it...

You can't satisfy everyone I get it...but that does not mean you have to have a satisfied group and an angry group there were major alternatives to the auto deploy feature that would have satisfied both groups were they even considered ?

I'm sure the tons of people in the threads arguing for forcing people to set a defense because they want a challenge are really going to get that exciting challenge fighting that T3 lead with Chipra, Bastilla, Sion, and Young Han.....just what they were looking for....
    If you had a 0% chance of winning under the current system, you probably suck. Disadvantaged by people who neglect fleet and sandbag by pulling mods off? Sure. 0% chance of winning? No.
  • How is about 3cpo and finn interaction?
  • KChat wrote: »
    The “Node Simming Slider” update is a solution no one asked for, to a problem no one had... Seems like they’re trying to make us inadvertently mis-spend energy. Garbage.

Agreed. It’s gotten me three or four times already. Really frustrating.
  • IKhak wrote: »
    No offence, but a “quality of life” update, that essentially blocks off content to some players is pretty **** ****.

Simming raids does not count towards quests, gee thanks, so because I havent been granted a top 10 place in HAAT (I know it won’t be simable now, but maybee next time) I now can’t complete a quest.
    Because why should my guildmates suffer a meaningless 30 min of raiding, mostly on auto, because I haven’t been granted a top 10 from the Gods of RNG enough times.

Back to the drawing boards, as usual, CG

Use 3po.
  • JerryHello wrote: »
    Also, so we have yet another Sith coming with a leader ability? Really??? 8 out of the 13 with have leader abilities already...talk about getting us to waste zetas

Be like me and bury sith at the bottom of your roster
  • If SWGOH had a Galactic bar, we could...

Some thoughts:

- Socialize with other players
    - Gamble ship shards like Lando and Han did
    - Buy drinks
    - Get into bar fights (like TW but spontaneous guilds from the bar and we fight over a bar layout instead of a map)
    - Spend credits that we never use

Any other ideas?
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    If SWGOH had a Galactic bar, we could...

Some thoughts:

- Socialize with other players
    - Gamble ship shards like Lando and Han did
    - Buy drinks
    - Get into bar fights (like TW but spontaneous guilds from the bar and we fight over a bar layout instead of a map)
    - Spend credits that we never use

Any other ideas?

I want a guild bar fight now. Get on this idea, asap!
  • The smaller status effect icons are awesome. I don’t even need to collapse them most of the time.

I wouldn’t call it a problem, but I love it. I very rarely don’t sim the max.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    THEY FINALLY FIXED SAVAGE!!!!!
  • Why Arena ranks has only odd numbers.. 1,3,5,7,9...?

I wouldn’t call it a problem, but I love it. I very rarely don’t sim the max.

At least if you forgot to move the slider, it was just a minor inconvenience, not something that slows your progress in the game. I just spent all my energy on a node I wanted 1 piece of gear from. Now I've got several of that piece of gear and I'm not getting any of the other gear I was going to grind today because that energy is gone.

To me, it seems more like a cash grab to get players to buy more energy when they accidentally spend all their energy on 1 node than a QOL improvement. If they wanted to make it easier for people who just want to max sim nodes all the time, they should have made it a preference that users can set, rather than defaulting it to the max for everyone.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    JohnAran wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Gorem the problem is that the people who WANTED to play GA couldn't play it either. Intentionally tantruming/protesting by not deploying was affecting how other people could play the mode. That goes against the spirit of the gameplay.

So the people who want to play but get mismatched by 50 G12 toons and get put up against 2 front areas where they cannot beat a single team mean nothing...... I BET THEY WANT TO PLAY TOO....but can't because instead of fixing the matchmaking to limit over- overmatching they only fixed it for half the people (whatever the real number is)

I mean why don't they get to play...... the person your playing against who can't lose who can't lose a single team he get's to play..... they WANTED to play.....

so we end up with the people who were winning/going to win anyway still get to play and the people hopelessly outmatched who can't take a single opposing team....STILL DON'T get to play......

seems legit

horrible matchmaking goes against the spirit of the gameplay too because at that point it's only a game for one person same as it is when someone does not set

Players don’t make the matchmaking. Not setting up defenses punished players. No logic, no point, no argument, and now no more.

Honestly i love everything about that update but the salt from those very unpleasant opponents (abusers) is the best icing i could have hoped for for my cake.

Lol abusers listen to yourself.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    ORIGINAL TITLE OF STARTED THREAD - WAS THE "SHAME ON YOU" COMMENT REALLY NECESSARY

Just so your tracking if the 200 or so threads about "not setting GA defense" here/reddit wherever were not read by anyone there were ALSO a large percentage of players that are not in favor of the auto deploy feature for various well thought out reasons.

You decided to side with the other party, it is what it is.

You have paying customers who literally have been playing the game the way it was designed (pre change) thrust into a horrible matchmaking algorithm that puts people into match's they have 0.0% chance of winning, which is not enough to just be embarrassed and get last place rewards in that ridiculous match up. You then wanted us to go ahead and spend our "free time" to placate the people winning the better rewards and embarrassing us.... and now even further when we chose not to spend that "free time" placating the puppy tear winners we get told Shame on us by the people we are PAYING.

The current auto deploy feature removes me from having to spend time placating puppy tears so you have fixed 50% of the problem. Now maybe you can focus on the "weeping widow" tears and do something with the matchmaking to avoid a 100% vs 0% odds of winning situation....

You guys honestly could have done a bunch of different things that would have met both groups halfway in the middle with this auto deploy thing...but you chose one side then publicly SHUN the other large group of people that were against it...

You can't satisfy everyone I get it...but that does not mean you have to have a satisfied group and an angry group there were major alternatives to the auto deploy feature that would have satisfied both groups were they even considered ?

I'm sure the tons of people in the threads arguing for forcing people to set a defense because they want a challenge are really going to get that exciting challenge fighting that T3 lead with Chipra, Bastilla, Sion, and Young Han.....just what they were looking for....
    If you had a 0% chance of winning under the current system, you probably suck. Disadvantaged by people who neglect fleet and sandbag by pulling mods off? Sure. 0% chance of winning? No.

Suck ? I dont maybe people do..... suck or not 50g12 vs 10 should never happen its stupid defending that its not.......... well the sAme IMO
  • Mostly a fantastic update...

But the change to the node simming slider is awful. Please change it back.

Or prepare for a flood of people complaining about how they accidentally simmed 20 times trying to get one mk1 Holo Projector.
  • Thank you for removing the frame limiter. Best update ever. Game is running silky smooth, reminds me of those dev build footage videos with no frame cap. Truly huge bump in quality.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    LtGenStu wrote: »
    Aydnie wrote: »
    How do we get Rancor Profiles pictures if the pit is simmed ?

You can't, you need to manually complete the raid in order to get quests or achievements.

So that means some people will never get some achievements
  • [*] Node Simming Slider: The node simming slider logic has been adjusted to slightly reduce the number of taps to fully sim a node

Worst Change ever!

Lost 60 energy because i clicked too fast to get a simple green gear piece.

Mostly everyone in the game use the simming for gear or shards with small numbers of taps!

Pls change it to the previos state.

• I'm with all the node sim slider dudes, this is not a good change. I did my last 50 crystal refresh to farm some shards and wanted to spend 6 energy on simming for a green piece. 120 energy later because I clicked through on autopilot and now I've got 9 of them, 0 energy and 0 shards. Not a fan of the change.
  • Can we get a Resistance tag on the veterans ?
  • Maybe we could have an additional setting for the sim slider? I personally like the change since I farm shards most of the time and rarely ever gear. If those who prefer the old slider behavior could change it back the way it used to be, everyone would be happy.
  • I just simmed all my cantina energy, when all I wanted was to sim once. Thanks, but please change simming back to it's former mechanic @CG_SBCrumb.
  • mvs84
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Great update GA.

More quality for us, this is what many of us wanted.

In next update, you could improve some areas like guild management.
    Add if you could an option to sort guild members by GP. It's horrible to have to enter inside each one to view the GP. With this, an option to remember sort option. And please, fix this slide bar too on this view, always goes to top.
    And an option to set a minimum GP to enter in the guild.
    I have many ideas to improve the game.

Another game mode that you could add it would be the option to do battles with your guild members. But real time battles. Instead to fight against IA, a turn-based battle without time limit. It could be very fun for us and we could play more time.

I hope more people want this changes that i propose.