Version Update 3/13 - Quality of Life - [MEGA]

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Oh my golly the new combat UI changes are awesome. Thanks.
  • So ... how does the raid simming work exactly? Our Pit just auto-launched with the 1-day signup. Not sure what we're supposed to do now.

(And agree with our commenters that we need to be able to change the raid setting while a raid is active).
  • L053R
    15 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This post directly addresses the current slider issue

I have played this game for years and have been a paying customer. I have trolled the forums a lot just reading but never posting. I am an Officer in my Guild so I come here a lot for my information to pass on to the people who can't or just won't.

THIS UPDATE: is what prompted me to begin posting.

"Node Simming Slider: The node simming slider logic has been adjusted to slightly reduce the number of taps to fully sim a node"

I believe that a lot of the things in this Update are pretty well thought out in the effort to make the game UI better for us. Thank You

BUT the slider on the simulations when it comes to farming is a complete disaster. I have read this entire thread. The only thing I am seeing consistently is the CUSTOMERS begging for you to change the slider back. I already have members who are frustrated and venting in chat to me about this issue. Some are already talking about leaving the game over it because they feel as if they cant farm anymore. Each one of them lost all of their energy in one click.

Before anyone comes in here to complain about my post. First I want to remind you that this very issue is what prompted me to register for the forum. It bothers me so much that I had to come here to say my piece.

I buy my crystals monthly, some of the packs for other things and anything to boost the bounty hunters when I can. I farm every day and am always giving away things to the members of my Guild. I actually challenge the other members to give more than I do. I am so use to the way we click this game in repetitive mannerisms that I am on auto pilot. As I can see many and many other customers are in the same habit. When this update happened and the slider went all the way to the right many customers are going to feel cheated on the things that they could have farmed that day.

I realize that some customers may want to have a default set to the highest setting when farming shards. That is OK but when a customer is looking for just 1 more, they wont need to have it set at 8. When looking for gear pieces its the same way. TO ERROR on the safe side, is to have the slider default to the left at 1. This makes all customers happy in the sense that their energy is not used up NEEDLESSLY. Today, My Ship energy and my Cantina energy went fast because of this. I didn't catch the slider until after the second one.

Please, as a paying customer for this game. Please revert the slider back to the original configuration of being at the lowest setting. This makes the most sense in the long run and allows more of your customers to be happier. A Customer who hits the button with 1 selected can always hit it again. A Customer who hits that button with 8 selected can be the end of their day farming. I would say that 90% of the Customers here are on some type of budget and this can become very frustrating and could cause the game itself to begin losing people as a result. Why would a Customer come here and see their efforts be wasted? This type of thing will drive customers away from any business or product.

On the Debate of whether the slider at max vs slider at 1 yields the same results. In my experience in testing this theory. MY individual game yields the best results when I sim things one at a time. I do not believe that the game does the math properly when you sim them in multiples. In my opinion the code needs to be changes where no matter how many sims you select, the game should calculate them as individual simulations and then add the results at the end. Currently, I believe it is coded as to calculate the simulation as one then multiplying the results at the end by the number the customer selected.

It is ok if others do not believe me in my personal findings.

Once Again, Please for the good of the Customers that you have returning and purchasing your product monthly. Please return the configuration of the slider back to what it was. Where a customer can click once without looking and get one result, if they intended to set it for two, then they can have a chance to do just that by still having energy remaining. It really is the best idea for this item in the game

Thank You for listening/reading.

LO53R
    Malaks Assassins

I digress. The best option would be as indicated below this post. Change the code where the Customer can select the default where it is at minimum or maximum. Thank You for the input "jkray622"
    Post edited by L053R on
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    "Node Simming Slider: The node simming slider logic has been adjusted to slightly reduce the number of taps to fully sim a node"

Please nooooooo! if we make a mistake now we will lose energy!!!
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    I'll chime in and say that I like the new slider. If I'm farming a node, I'm *farming* that node, and I want to use all of my attempts. This reduces the number of clicks I have.

Ideal state would be one where users could select if the slider started at 1 or <max>, but for me I prefer the <max>.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Please for the love of my sanity, hot fix the sim slider back to 1 sim, Or better make us able to select if we want to start on 1 or max
    Great QoL Otherwise, so far
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Angelloyd wrote: »
    Do it NekryXe and discover you can’t play the game tomorrow because it wasn’t updated

I'm still playing now on my tablet with the update blocked and it's working fine :) if I get forced to update it might be a good opportunity to quit this game. I don't like most changes and specially the horrible forced filled slider is unbearable.

I'll assume this opportunity to play for a while without the update as a nice farewell :)
  • I’m confused about the Mod Battles, they’re now for mods themselves and not for salvage. So where do we get salvage now? And could you please increase the mod cap? Or at least give us an option to sell mods in our inbox right away instead of waiting 3 days for them to expire?
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member
    Catarra wrote: »
    I’m confused about the Mod Battles, they’re now for mods themselves and not for salvage. So where do we get salvage now? And could you please increase the mod cap? Or at least give us an option to sell mods in our inbox right away instead of waiting 3 days for them to expire?

It's defaulted to lower level nodes. Hit the end number at the top (can't remember if it's 8 or 9 off hand), the salvage battles are there.
  • Our guild has 50 7* Han Solos.
    Game is counting 12 after the update.kgutk8c48alu.png
  • paschasc wrote: »
    Our guild has 50 7* Han Solos.

It probably needs them to log in and get the update before the count is accurate
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    paschasc wrote: »

Our guild has the same issue, ours is reporting only 6/35. We definitely have more than that.
  • Catarra wrote: »
    I’m confused about the Mod Battles, they’re now for mods themselves and not for salvage. So where do we get salvage now? And could you please increase the mod cap? Or at least give us an option to sell mods in our inbox right away instead of waiting 3 days for them to expire?

Check the tier. You are most likely on the lowest.
  • Please return node sim slider back to 1 default. Simmed full energy when I only wanted to do 1. How about adding a button to that screen called "MAX" or a double tap on the + goes to max. The other updates look pretty good so far though.
  • paschasc wrote: »

Is everyone's victory count also defaulting to 87
  • "Grand Arena Matchmaking Improvements: Character-only Grand Arena matchmaking is no longer impacted by Ships GP"
    Of course no compensation...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    What exactly is the financial benefit to CG to not tell us what kind of rewards to expect when Simming the PIT...

Do you want us to sim them cause you will give us trash so we have to buy more stuff ?
    Will it be amazing and you want to surprise us ? (lol)

What is so hard about telling us the possible range of gear we can expect ?

in the vein of better communication of course

EDIT : if the rewards are not uber bad Simming is probably better for the whole guild right or is that how we are supposed to take it ?
  • Definitely cant believe they are that oblivious over the last day with the amount of people asking that it slipped their mind. I feel like it will be bad and they want to delay the complaints coming in.
  • AceCV
    989 posts Member
    Node sim slider change sucks.... please re-think about it.

Not being able to change raids parameters while a raid is ongoing doesn't make sense. Put it as before... able to change but those change will only take effect on next launch.

Rancor SIM needs more info about rewards. We need to know the differences between normal Rancor VS sim Rancor.
  • @CG_SBCrumb what type of raid rewards for simming? Everyone getting 1st place rewards, 10th place rewards, 30th place rewards? Kind of important to know to determine whether there’s any point to simming a raid that can be completed in less than 10 minutes.
  • Lol we have to be 35 peoples in guild connected at the same time in game for launch auto pit?
    Why make it easy when you can. Why don't you check how many people in guild are able to complete pit alone?
  • Anyone else get a black screen only and can't get into game? I tried uninstalling, still a no-go
  • I’ll also join the “I hate the new slider set to max” crowd...that thing is wasting so much energy...

Battles look slicker though, as does squad selector so overall QoL looking good, except for that slider...
  • Jenjhys wrote: »
    Lol we have to be 35 peoples in guild connected at the same time in game for launch auto pit?
    Why make it easy when you can. Why don't you check how many people in guild are able to complete pit alone?

They have to log in once after the update for the count to go up. Once.
    Jenjhys wrote: »
    "Grand Arena Matchmaking Improvements: Character-only Grand Arena matchmaking is no longer impacted by Ships GP"
    Of course no compensation...

You don't need compensation. The game evolves. They tried something, it didn't work.
  • How long should the update take from google play?

I’ve had the green install circle going for 20 minutes and tried multiple times
  • @CG_SBCrumb what type of raid rewards for simming? Everyone getting 1st place rewards, 10th place rewards, 30th place rewards? Kind of important to know to determine whether there’s any point to simming a raid that can be completed in less than 10 minutes.

Why can't we get an answer on this? Is this top secret info? WTH?!?!?
  • who the hell was the im becile who wanted to push the sim combat bar to the max instead of letting that thing to the normal 1 sim, i never saw this in any post here or on a forum about this game
    it's ruining the game experience...
    it's totally absurd
    stop doing things people never asked for... it's absolutely not a better quality of life update, it's worse...
  • We have 39 7-star Hans (I counted). It's gone from 7 to 12 to 20 as people update and log in. So should be caught up soon. Unfortunately, our raid launched before the hotfix so we'll have to wait a cycle to see what simming does.
  • PS - Other than the slider thing and the raid settings thing, I'm overall happy with this change and so is almost everyone in my guild. The squads button in particular is so nice.