Why isn't there an auto-join for sim raids?

This should be logical

Replies

• Why doesn't the game just completed all my daily activities for me while it's closed or I'm doing something else?
  • And autoplay arena too! 1st place with no effort, such a sweet dream...
  • Last time they added join instead of auto-join because some guilds punish players by asking them to skip raids. I believe this is the same rationale.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Which doesn't sound like their overall mantra regarding guild events at all. They've routinely stated that outside of kicking they wouldn't let other guild members punish members' gameplay choices.
  • Ratinira wrote: »
    And autoplay arena too! 1st place with no effort, such a sweet dream...

These obviously aren’t the same thing.

It’s not about simply clicking a button. It’s that guild officers have unnecessary work to do that could be made easier if you just gave the entire guild their rewards. Make it so the rewards only last for 24 hours if you want to make sure everyone is active. But leaders still have to create announcements for discord so people know to join the raid. They still have to track who isn’t participating. They still have to work around active raids being up when moving people in and out of guilds. This is not a QOL improvement for guild leaders.
  • Ratinira wrote: »
    And autoplay arena too! 1st place with no effort, such a sweet dream...

These obviously aren’t the same thing.

It’s not about simply clicking a button. It’s that guild officers have unnecessary work to do that could be made easier if you just gave the entire guild their rewards. Make it so the rewards only last for 24 hours if you want to make sure everyone is active. But leaders still have to create announcements for discord so people know to join the raid. They still have to track who isn’t participating. They still have to work around active raids being up when moving people in and out of guilds. This is not a QOL improvement for guild leaders.

Exactly and at this point for simming raids (the pit raid at least) it's not like it's an auto-join and you can just sit back and not do anything. Now that pit will be simmable, it'll be in the best interest for the guild for everyone to get rewards. Sometimes, raids start at times when not everyone is on due to time zone differences and 1 hour join period will not be enough. Do you expect me to wake up at 2 am just to join a simmable raid or else I wont get rewards?