The Revan story.

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I agree though that the in-game announcement seemed to be referring to the pre-game Darth Revan
  • Options
    Given the overall content of the in-game announcement, it seems more likely that the "reclaim" in the forum post is a mistake than that they are giving us dark ending Revan. The two are clearly inconsistent, and I would think the one that is both in game and more in depth would be more likely to be the accurate one.
  • Options
    Yeah, I can't argue with that. I don't have a strong stance other than my expectation, given that the current toon was explicitly stated to be the LS endgame version, so I was anticipating the DS endgame counterpart. I'm equally excited regardless. The announcements just seem a bit contradictory
  • Options
    Yeah, I can't argue with that. I don't have a strong stance other than my expectation, given that the current toon was explicitly stated to be the LS endgame version, so I was anticipating the DS endgame counterpart. I'm equally excited regardless. The announcements just seem a bit contradictory

Well, while KOTOR isn't technically canon right now, the still having new content written for it Old Republic MMO does treat the light side ending of Revan as canon, so they may feel like it will be less of a headache from sticklers if they go with the version of Darth Revan that existed no matter what the player chose.
  • Options
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    We will get a Darth Revan that represents the end of KOTOR1 if you received the dark side ending.

Yes we will have two characters that mirror each other. Who cares - we have 5 Hans there are no rules.

The text of the newsletter post in game seems to imply we are getting pre-game Darth Revan. It will be interesting to see what the actual journey looks like.

Reclaiming the mantle of the Sith refers to the dark side ending of KOTOR1.

Reclaim implies a 2nd time.

The post in my newsletter page says claim, not reclaim.

As to Carth, he was part of the Republic military while Revan was in charge prior to becoming Darth Revan. Juhani was a Jedi. Canderous was one of his enemies. HK was his personally crafted droid. The only one that is actually narratively problematic if they sequence it correctly is Fallen Bastila.

You’d be slightly out too, Ordo admired Revan but how the story was written Ordo never met Revan in battle. I could be wrong but it’s written in a third person view explaining how Ordo admired Revan’s leadership and ability to battle hence why he had no problem joining Revan. As i stated, hk was also built immediatly after the war as his assassination droid. Correctly so fallen Bastila was end game and if “reclaiming” the Sith throne then she’d be the only one really to fit. This is why it’s confusing for players like me, they’re mixing the timeline with players mentioned in the original cannon and not clearu explaining what they are doing and why i’ve sparked this debate. 2 posibilities and still the in-correct timeline with the wrong characters.

The reason they turned to the Sith was also because of Emperor Vitiate. (If you need an example of him watch the kotor trailer with the twins growing up) he warped them whilst finding a Sith artifact. His Rise to Sith had nothing to do with the likes of Carth or Juhani etc.
  • Options
    Given the overall content of the in-game announcement, it seems more likely that the "reclaim" in the forum post is a mistake than that they are giving us dark ending Revan. The two are clearly inconsistent, and I would think the one that is both in game and more in depth would be more likely to be the accurate one.

Possibly, however there isn’t much ambiguity on the forum post.

“It will be a very difficult task to reclaim the Sith throne.”

This very clearly implies we are getting a Revan that was once on the Sith Throne.

It also makes sense from a journey perspective. This is why we need dark side Basty, Carth, Candy, and Jabroni.

Only HK47 would make sense if this was a pre-KOTOR Revan.

• Options
    It’s wonderful of the Dev team to kindly comment/clarify the information, just seems a joke to one of greatest characters in the star wars cannon.
  • Options
    It’s wonderful of the Dev team to kindly comment/clarify the information, just seems a joke to one of greatest characters in the star wars cannon.

Why would they? We will all see the event in less than a week. It will tell us the story.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    My take on all of this, and no offense is meant when I say this, so?

They are making it the way they want as they have since the game started. BH never captured Chewie. The falcon never went up against the BH ships in a fight, sure boba followed him but they never had a space battle, they hardly had a ground battle.

It's just a game and they are just trying to make money, is what it is.
  • Options
    If you want his in depth story, check out my recent posts in off topic
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Possibly, however there isn’t much ambiguity on the forum post.

“It will be a very difficult task to reclaim the Sith throne.”

This very clearly implies we are getting a Revan that was once on the Sith Throne.

It also makes sense from a journey perspective. This is why we need dark side Basty, Carth, Candy, and Jabroni.

Only HK47 would make sense if this was a pre-KOTOR Revan.

There is not any ambiguity in the in-game post either; it says claim instead of reclaim, and is clearly talking about pre-game Revan. The two posts are inconsistent, one of them has to be a mistake. And they could all make sense for a Journey that is about pre-game Revan, it's not necessarily the case that he has to actually appear himself in all the stages.

EDIT: All except Fallen Bastila. She will stick out as not making sense if it's pre-game Revan. But if it's dark ending Revan, Carth and Juhani might stick out just as much.