So this is how it's gonna be...

Prev13
I was secretly hoping that CG would hear us and instead of going with more power creep, they would actually make the game interesting and fun again and go with the rock paper scissors approach. The implications of another squad that beats anything that's even came before will be huge. TW and GA will be greatly affected once more, this time perhaps even worse than before.

My biggest problem is that arena will remain tedious and annoying, Revan mirror matches won't end. Most of us won't have Darth Revan so from top 20 up to top 100 arena will identical to how it's now...

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    It's been this way for over 18 months. August 2017. But yes - the "prescribed way of playing the game" is apparently here to stay.

And as long as whales keep saying "Thank you master! May I have another?" it will remain CG's M.O.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • How are you making this judgement without even seeing the kit? For all you know Darth Revan will destroy JKR but will be vunerable to a couple of other teams, opening up the rock, paper scissors arena you mentioned.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    So let’s put the torches and pitchforks down and see what his kit looks like.

Grab your pitchforks...

Oh no. The next legendary is Shrek, isn’t it
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    How are you making this judgement without even seeing the kit? For all you know Darth Revan will destroy JKR but will be vunerable to a couple of other teams, opening up the rock, paper scissors arena you mentioned.

I can see this absolutely. Give those GGs a place in arena.

I am glad to add another squad to arena whatever it is.
  • So let’s put the torches and pitchforks down and see what his kit looks like.

This is what happens when you aren't a farmer. Have to get any little use out of the torches and pitchforks you convinced your wife you needed. "I **** well bought'em so we are gunna use them." Ceremonial purposes only
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    How are you making this judgement without even seeing the kit? For all you know Darth Revan will destroy JKR but will be vunerable to a couple of other teams, opening up the rock, paper scissors arena you mentioned.

Lol. Some of you are hilarious. "This time it will be different!"

Okay. Forgive those of us who presume that CG won't "finally get it right"....after 3+ years. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • I'm just very very scared that I will be stuck fighting Revans for another 6-8 months ...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Okay. Forgive those of us who presume that CG won't "finally get it right"....after 3+ years. :D

But we have seen metas with counters previously, so isnt revan the odd one in the mix?
  • Of course it will be another OP toon, with the fear mechanic being the power creep that ultimately will limit the counters
  • Lots of Revan counters.
  • Kyno wrote: »

But we have seen metas with counters previously, so isnt revan the odd one in the mix?

Revan isn't odd at all. Revan if the product of what happens when you have to counter something equally broken, like Traya. Now they must counter something even more broken (Jedi Revan). The outcome could be very very scary
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited March 2019

I never said anything would be different, or that the OP might be wrong. I was just pointing out how ridiculous it is to be making these scaremongering, sweeping statements before the kit is even published.
  • B0baf3tt wrote: »
    Lots of Revan counters.

How about one that won't be a black sheep that's going to fall 100 ranks over night? Don't forget or ignore the fact that we get 5 attempts a day. If you lose more than you regain within those 5 attempts then this squad is doomed and ultimately useless

• How about one that won't be a black sheep that's going to fall 100 ranks over night? Don't forget or ignore the fact that we get 5 attempts a day. If you lose more than you regain within those 5 attempts then this squad is doomed and ultimately useless

That was always the case if the top of your shard was meta heavy. JKR was just so easy to unlock for everyone the second time around
  • He’ll either dominate over Jedi Revan or he’ll be another General Grievous scam. CG lost whatever goodwill they had left by not utilizing the General to diversify arena.

It would be funny if it turned out that GG can beat Revan's evil twin with relative ease.
  • He’ll either dominate over Jedi Revan or he’ll be another General Grievous scam. CG lost whatever goodwill they had left by not utilizing the General to diversify arena.

There's a third possibility, namely that his kit is specifically anti-Jedi (or anti-assists, anti-revives etc.) and leaves him vulnerable to another A-tier team like CLS.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Please feel free list all of the meta counters since August 2017 that have not themselves been borderline game-breaking.

I'll hang up and listen for my answer. ;)

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    I was secretly hoping that CG would hear us and instead of going with more power creep, they would actually make the game interesting and fun again and go with the rock paper scissors approach. The implications of another squad that beats anything that's even came before will be huge. TW and GA will be greatly affected once more, this time perhaps even worse than before.

My biggest problem is that arena will remain tedious and annoying, Revan mirror matches won't end. Most of us won't have Darth Revan so from top 20 up to top 100 arena will identical to how it's now...

I didn't see the kit release. Can you link it?

Simple. Take one ability from every dark side toon, add it to his leader. Voila!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Darth wrote: »
    Why does everybody just think this game is just all about Arena?!? They’ve added a lot more to this game to do now than just Arena

Cuz arena gives you free crystals and if you consistently rank in the top, lots of crystals.
  • I believe the HK rework will make the Greivous rework arena viable.

I’m thinking Darth Revan and Greivous will both be the 2 new arena teams that counter JKR.

If HK doesn’t make Greivous better then arena will be a battle of light and dark Revan....which is better than Revan mirror matches we have now.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Darth revan will be worth your investment.
    Don't think he will not break the game

There has never benn anything in the game that has made that first sentence true.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Darth revan will be worth your investment.
    Don't think he will not break the game

There has never benn anything in the game that has made that first sentence true.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but i'm reasonably sure you loved that DS starter pack xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I believe the HK rework will make the Greivous rework arena viable.

I’m thinking Darth Revan and Greivous will both be the 2 new arena teams that counter JKR.

If HK doesn’t make Greivous better then arena will be a battle of light and dark Revan....which is better than Revan mirror matches we have now.

Crumb already has advised not to get your hopes up on that.96xlpqq3kkc8.jpg
  • So let’s put the torches and pitchforks down and see what his kit looks like.

For real^^^^
  • Kyno wrote: »

Revan isn't odd at all. Revan if the product of what happens when you have to counter something equally broken, like Traya. Now they must counter something even more broken (Jedi Revan). The outcome could be very very scary

Traya. Isnt. Broken.

Cls chewie beats traya. Cls chewie c3po steamrolls traya. A fast rex team can beat traya. Finn3po currently beats traya (or anything for that matter). Zep and zbast can beat traya.