Do you like the update to the “Node Simming Slider”?

Prev1
KChat
45 posts Member
(I personally think it’s a solution no one asked for to a problem no one had & that many will accidentally spend more energy than intended, but let’s see where the community stands!)

Do you like the update to the “Node Simming Slider”? 47 votes

Yes - I find it helpful.
36% 17 votes
No - I think it’s horrible.
61% 29 votes
I don’t have the update yet.
2% 1 vote

Replies

• Totally agree, they tried to fix something that wasn't broken.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I almost always sim to max anyway, saves me time.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Not yet being used to it doesn't make it a bad change. Give it some time to get used to it first, then judge whether you like the change or not.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • KChat
    45 posts Member
    @leef Never been a fan of having to “opt-out” of things. This is the same.
  • leef wrote: »
    Not yet being used to it doesn't make it a bad change. Give it some time to get used to it first, then judge whether you like the change or not.

I have a feeling we will get a lot of people voting no who are really just ticked off because they didn’t pay attention and want someone else to blame for their mistake.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    KChat wrote: »
    leef Never been a fan of having to “opt-out” of things. This is the same.

Not sure how it's the same tbh.
    Anyway, looking at it as objectively as i can, this is a solid change. How often do people sim per 1 if they've got the energy to do multiple sims and how often do people sim max? I think it's reasonable to assume simming max is way more common than simming one, so it just saves clicks. If you sim per 2, 3 or any other amount that isn't max, you would have to click anyway, so nothing really changes for those players.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Once I get used to it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Its different so, I will give it some time.

I very rarely sim 1, only when trying to ride my energy out to the next guild activity and it's close to the turnover.

I generally sim all/max, or somewhere in the middle, so for me I sim max or somewhere less, but not 1/2 means it's a win for me.

I would imagine that this was similar to the data they saw. More people aim max or use the slider, so you help the people who do more max, and the people who slide it to a custom number still have to slide, so that's a wash.
  • KChat
    45 posts Member
    @Kyno Sliding 2 over (to 3) is less than the 5 back to get there from 8. Then the next 2 times stay there (with the final time being truncated to 2, because of 8x limit on hard nodes. Instead, I get to slide it BACK down to 3 again, because it doesn’t remember the last amount simmed...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno Sliding 2 over (to 3) is less than the 5 back to get there from 8. Then the next 2 times stay there (with the final time being truncated to 2, because of 8x limit on hard nodes. Instead, I get to slide it BACK down to 3 again, because it doesn’t remember the last amount simmed...

If you are using up all 8, why are you simming them in pieces?

As I said, I understand that, but look at it this way, if you break this up into 3 groups, slide, max and 1.

The 2 larger groups are most likely max and slide. So this QoL is an upgrade. Yes those that slide may have to slide a little more, but overall, that is the "less affected group", because you are taking that action on either side of this update.
  • KChat
    45 posts Member
    I frequently sim 3 to complete dailies, & when I already have my 600, I don’t want to accidentally sim 8. I know I’m not alone in simming a node piecemeal...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I frequently sim 3 to complete dailies, & when I already have my 600, I don’t want to accidentally sim 8. I know I’m not alone in simming a node piecemeal...

I do the same (never on a hard node), but then you say you sim 2 more times. Either way you would slide 3 times, the update doesnt change that.
  • KChat
    45 posts Member
    The times after are for after guild reset. The 3 & 2 is because it used to remember your last simmed amount, meaning no more sliding, just hit the button twice...
  • Not QOL at all.

Just a pain.
  • Horrible. Decreased my QoL, not increased. Now I keep spending all my energy on something when I only needed one.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • I rarely farm gear anymore so for me personally i love the change.
  • I always sim 2 at a time, no matter what. This makes simming extraneous. I do like it for my alt, but the cons outweigh the pros.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I don't really care ... but it was an unnecessary change.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    @Kyno Sliding 2 over (to 3) is less than the 5 back to get there from 8. Then the next 2 times stay there (with the final time being truncated to 2, because of 8x limit on hard nodes. Instead, I get to slide it BACK down to 3 again, because it doesn’t remember the last amount simmed...

Actually, I think it does remember. I swear last night when I simmed the last two, then bought refreshes, the default was at 2 instead of max. I was waiting until tonight to check on the behavior again before submitting a bug report.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Kyno Sliding 2 over (to 3) is less than the 5 back to get there from 8. Then the next 2 times stay there (with the final time being truncated to 2, because of 8x limit on hard nodes. Instead, I get to slide it BACK down to 3 again, because it doesn’t remember the last amount simmed...

Actually, I think it does remember. I swear last night when I simmed the last two, then bought refreshes, the default was at 2 instead of max. I was waiting until tonight to check on the behavior again before submitting a bug report.

I saw the same thing at one point, but not sure what I was doing. It does seem to have some memory
  • Just let me make a default of what I want if it's all or just 2 and keep it there no matter where I go, its that simple, pleases everyone
  • Kyno wrote: »

If you are using up all 8, why are you simming them in pieces?

As I said, I understand that, but look at it this way, if you break this up into 3 groups, slide, max and 1.

The 2 larger groups are most likely max and slide. So this QoL is an upgrade. Yes those that slide may have to slide a little more, but overall, that is the "less affected group", because you are taking that action on either side of this update.

It's not just about the number of clicks. When it is set to max, people are accidentally using all their energy. That doesn't improve the game, and can affect everyone.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    So I just watched attentively, and it definitely remembers the position if the last maximum possible amount was not the theoretical maximum (either due to lack of energy or lack of attempts). Upon refreshing energy/node, the slider is set to that number instead of max.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I never wanted the multi sims in the first place, as I enjoy doing one sim at the time, plus it gives me better control on how much I use, the max sim setting means that, even after I get used to it, it will be a downgrade on my QoL, as I now have to do an extra step, every time I go onto a node, even if I just been at it, and had to do something else in game
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • DaarthBrewer
    1960 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I hate that you can no longer click in the middle to pick 4 sims. Now it just goes to 7 or 8 and I must tap down by 3 or 4 to get to the halfway point of hard node attempts.
    This is a subtraction of a feature. Not cool.

This is not the QOL you are looking for.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Exactly 100% not QOL
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    dkvuxhya4ht4.png

What majority like this change???
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    dkvuxhya4ht4.png

What majority like this change???

Um yes, and you'd be surprised that probably a lot more like it but are not as vocal as those that dont like it. After all, I am more likely to complain when I dont like something than I am to give compliments for something I like.
  • yeah, sure ignorance is bliss,
    or knowledge is power,
    there are proper ways to sim,
    we just want the original option,
    you can have your mass sims,
    as long as those that wanted the slider option back to 1 have theirs as well
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I hate that you can no longer click in the middle to pick 4 sims. Now it just goes to 7 or 8 and I must tap down by 3 or 4 to get to the halfway point of hard node attempts.
    This is a subtraction of a feature. Not cool.

This is not the QOL you are looking for.

That you can't tap in the middle is indeed annoying. I can't remember if we used to be able to do that, or that i'm confusing the sim bar with mod lvl bar. Regardless, being able to tap in the middle would be very welcome imo.
    I do however prefer max sims as the defeault setting.