What the what

enlguy
85 posts Member
I keep reading threads all over about getting him at 7* with G8 Phoenix... HOW?! Mine are G8 and G9, lvl85, modded up to 200 for speed, well developed abilities..... do I HAVE to omega everything, do I need MORE speed? It seems like they don't hit hard, but that's always been the case. I get to 4/4 easily, and then the DT healing immunities, along with Thrawn fracture, are just killing me. They also never seem to counter on that stage, which is kind of garbage. Any particular tactics I should be looking at, anything else I can do? I'd share my swgoh.gg profile, but it's a little out of date, I've been moving mods all over the place this morning to add speed, just moving arena mods over to Ezra and Zeb, boosting Hera's speed. Their health is almost twice what someone else posted they had for 7* with G8. I don't know if this event difficulty has changed over time, or if others got REALLY lucky, but I've tried four times already and can only get a ST and maybe one DT, and it's over. Thrawn keeps my best damage dealers fractured almost the whole time, no one can ever heal because of the DT bombs, and it's just a quick loss. I had been waiting for this event for months, I narrowly missed having everyone at 7* last time, Thrawn's last G11 slot is filled and waiting to be put on when he hits 7*, I just need to beat this last stage.

Replies

• Omega everything, especially uniques since they share them under Hera lead.
    Potency set for Zeb.
    Be prepared to restart for hours. It is tuned for G10 but beatable with G8 and crazy RNG.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    4 attempts with only the bare minimum gear levels is nothing. Expect to do several more until you get the strategy right and RNG is in your favor.

Mods:
    Speed is important, but it isn't everything. Mod Zeb for high potency, to increase the chance of landing debuffs. Mod Ezra for damage with the usual offense primaries and such. Mod your two tanks for tanking.
    ...yes, and all of them for speed as well.

Omega all uniques and and some select other abilities. Personaly, I don't omega abilities, that only increase damage without bringing something else as well - unless I really want to use the character for arena or the like.

Take your Chopper to level 85.

Strategy:
    Have Chopper's and Ezra's dispels ready at the start of the 4th wave.
    Dispel/stun the deathtroopers ASAP.
    Always have Hera and Ezra call Zeb to assist because of his debuffs.
    You can stun Thrawn too, but it requires some luck. You may want Zeb attacking others instead.

Good luck.
  • Got it. Realized I already had all uniques maxed. Like next try I did it. For one, I wasn't best using TM gain opportunities, on some bad advice on the Internet, so fixed that. Also moved a bunch of arena mods over, so got most of them up around 200 for speed, not just Ezra (who was over 200), and also upped the offense a fair amount. Mods were a lot of mixing things up, started not to care about sets as much, and just look at what I could do to the important stats, which was for me here, speed, damage output, survivability, and for some potency or maybe a little extra crit chance. All my toons were left with excellent health and protection. :) haha What a change. So, yes, you can do this with good abilities at G8/9 with the right mods. Also, kill order... sort of had to do the stormtrooper first, as he just kept taunting, but then took out DTs, then commanders, then Thrawn.
  • Omega everything, especially uniques since they share them under Hera lead.
    Potency set for Zeb.
    Be prepared to restart for hours. It is tuned for G10 but beatable with G8 and crazy RNG.

Thrawn is set to fight against G9. Today I made it for the first time on auto play with G10 and it was very easy. The only thing Thrawn did to me was to destroy Kanan's shield.
    My Phoenix squad:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/553691222/characters/?f=Phoenix
  • I was able to do it this morning in 6 attempts with G8 Zeb, Kanan, Hera, Chopper and G10 Ezra.

All fully modded and all omegas.

http://swgoh.gg/squads/146726/