New update...Watch out when you sim!

Replies

  • Rebuc wrote: »
    because there's nothing more I hate than to have to tap on my screen a couple times!! Hey devs!! I'm lazy...please make this easier for me!!! Ktnxbye"

    This wasn't broke, so why "fix" it?

    You do realize your entire complaint is that you have to tap on your screen a couple times to sim the exact amount you want?
  • JacenRoe
    2542 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Well, it is working for me, superstition or not.

    It hasn't worked for you. It's absurd nonsense that you haven't tested. This post needs to be deleted.

    Since you are not me and don't sit next to me to see what works for me and you obviously did not read a word I said, or just zoned into what ever you wanted to see to be a negative ninny or just drop a bomb to rile peeps...take a chill. If you don't like when fellow players try to help others...then move on to the next thread to toss your insults in.

    I don't need to sit next to you to know that the sun is not purple. You're spreading a silly lie. That's not being negative. That's not an insult. It's stating proven facts. I am trying to help fellow players by preventing the spread of bad information.

    I actually tracked thousands of drops over the course of my first 18 months. I stopped because the drops were EXACTLY the rates that we have always heard. Either track thousands of drops, and prove there is a difference, or stop spreading nonsense.
  • I like this change. Saves me from a swipe right :wink:
  • Gannon
    1433 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Well, it is working for me, superstition or not.

    It hasn't worked for you. It's absurd nonsense that you haven't tested. This post needs to be deleted.

    Since you are not me and don't sit next to me to see what works for me and you obviously did not read a word I said, or just zoned into what ever you wanted to see to be a negative ninny or just drop a bomb to rile peeps...take a chill. If you don't like when fellow players try to help others...then move on to the next thread to toss your insults in.

    I don't need to sit next to you to know that the sun is not purple. You're spreading a silly lie. That's not being negative. That's not an insult. It's stating proven facts. I am trying to help fellow players by preventing the spread of bad information.

    I actually tracked thousands of drops over the course of my first 18 months. I stopped because the drops were EXACTLY the rates that we have always heard. Either track thousands of drops, and prove there is a difference, or stop spreading nonsense.

    18 months? 👀 oh you must have so much info the rest of us are unaware of.. Please, share this bountiful wealth of knowledge wise one!
  • Rebuc
    16 posts Member
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    because there's nothing more I hate than to have to tap on my screen a couple times!! Hey devs!! I'm lazy...please make this easier for me!!! Ktnxbye"

    This wasn't broke, so why "fix" it?

    You do realize your entire complaint is that you have to tap on your screen a couple times to sim the exact amount you want?

    Why on earth would I, or anyone else waste a full set of energy on one node each and every time I sim something? With the dailies, you have to do both LS and DS (3 ea) in order to check off that box for the reward, so everyone is already splitting between the two, so why max it? After you do the dailies, sure...maybe max it out on a refresh to farm something, but not by default. Seriously, there's no reason for it to have been changed...everyone has to pick the amount they want manually if they want a daily reward, so why make that difficult by default? It makes zero sense.
  • Hahaha...yes, would love to see your spreadsheet with your scientic experiment...your proof.
  • Rebuc
    16 posts Member
    edited March 14
    If anything...to please everyone...this should be a setting you can customize.
    • Min sim (1x)
    • 1/2 sim
    • Max sim (slider full)

    Pick which you want for your own personal setting.
  • Rebuc wrote: »
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    because there's nothing more I hate than to have to tap on my screen a couple times!! Hey devs!! I'm lazy...please make this easier for me!!! Ktnxbye"

    This wasn't broke, so why "fix" it?

    You do realize your entire complaint is that you have to tap on your screen a couple times to sim the exact amount you want?

    Why on earth would I, or anyone else waste a full set of energy on one node each and every time I sim something? With the dailies, you have to do both LS and DS (3 ea) in order to check off that box for the reward, so everyone is already splitting between the two, so why max it? After you do the dailies, sure...maybe max it out on a refresh to farm something, but not by default. Seriously, there's no reason for it to have been changed...everyone has to pick the amount they want manually if they want a daily reward, so why make that difficult by default? It makes zero sense.

    Man, you REALLY DON'T pay any attention to this game do you? You don't need LS and DS at all, it's the same
  • Pyrefly
    1244 posts Moderator
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Why on earth would I, or anyone else waste a full set of energy on one node each and every time I sim something? With the dailies, you have to do both LS and DS (3 ea) in order to check off that box for the reward, so everyone is already splitting between the two, so why max it? After you do the dailies, sure...maybe max it out on a refresh to farm something, but not by default. Seriously, there's no reason for it to have been changed...everyone has to pick the amount they want manually if they want a daily reward, so why make that difficult by default? It makes zero sense.
    The daily quests no longer require 3 LS and 3 DS, but 6 of any. So you're not losing out by doing all of one node each day.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly on the other hand was much nicer and respectful in pointing this out.
  • Or just put a toggle on it some people can sim all, or 1 like a week ago. I just got my.midday bonus so had over 170 energy. I needed stun guns, so i went in and hit sim (as i usually do) and it wiped out all of it, not realising it did that, i went to sim another and it bought energy, so i wasted 50 crystals.
    And yes, some people want to only sim 1 or 2 or 5, whatever. Do you really go into mod battles and sim everything you have on 1 type of mod? Probably not, most people divide it up between a few different ones.
  • Wow, that's hysterical, try to help Rebuc and he jumps on me...
    I guess I shouldn't have jumped into the crossfire.
  • Rebuc
    16 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    because there's nothing more I hate than to have to tap on my screen a couple times!! Hey devs!! I'm lazy...please make this easier for me!!! Ktnxbye"

    This wasn't broke, so why "fix" it?

    You do realize your entire complaint is that you have to tap on your screen a couple times to sim the exact amount you want?

    Why on earth would I, or anyone else waste a full set of energy on one node each and every time I sim something? With the dailies, you have to do both LS and DS (3 ea) in order to check off that box for the reward, so everyone is already splitting between the two, so why max it? After you do the dailies, sure...maybe max it out on a refresh to farm something, but not by default. Seriously, there's no reason for it to have been changed...everyone has to pick the amount they want manually if they want a daily reward, so why make that difficult by default? It makes zero sense.

    It just barely changed...
    I wouldn't take offense, he is either wearing blinders or is one of those rabble rousing trolls...maybe if we don't respond to him he will lose interest and go away.
    My 9 year old daughter when she has a tantrum, I back off and let it blow out...eventually she moves on...

    Aww..that's cute, now maybe if you had the maturity of your 9 yr old...


    For the rest, I didn't realize the 3ea requirement had changed, must have been recent. But still, why would I default to max sim each time? I still need to farm gear too, so I'd do maybe 6 on one node for the shards, then move on to gear..or maybe only 1 or 2 for a toon then gear...regardless, setting it to max doesn't make any sense. Why when trying to "save a few clicks" as some have tried to say is the justification, would you now force another group to have to do the same...especially when everyone was on the same setting initially? To make it easier for one group you make it more difficult on another? Really?

    The first part was really uncalled for and kinda made you look like the 9 year old.
    😆
    Other than that tho, we're petty much all arguing the same point. most ppl have been playing so long it's just muscle memory. This recent change throws that off, much like moving the free data cards to the left recently. It didn't effect me personally, but I'm not gonna rag on the person who tries to give everyone a heads up here.

    Apologies, I didn't realize insults were only a one way thing on these forums...my bad.
  • leef
    12479 posts Member
    This developed into a entertaining thread, not really usefull though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Rebuc, are you sure you are not mixing me up with smurf lax? I never insulted you but tried to shield you from the insult.
  • This is a great QOL update. Saves sliding the bar as majority of people use all their energy in one node. Good on you for letting people know who didn't read the QOL update. I suggest reading it all. Only on occasion do I farm 1 or 2 at a time if I'm trying to get 1 more gear piece. If you like to farm 2 by 2 you moved the bar before, and you still will have too so relax. Realize this benefits most of the community. CG has been doing some awesome work in these changes
  • Thanks!
    I actually like most of the changes...that one from before, the bronzium move, after the mistakes in the beginning I thought was awesome.
    No doubt I will get used to this one too...no biggie just wanted to spread the word...
  • I don’t think having the sim bar maxed out is a QoL update per se... I haven’t heard anyone ask for it and when talking about the QoL update I haven’t heard anyone really focus on this part.

    So what is this about? Analytics. CG’s number ($) crunchers & professional behavioral Psychologists know that when your sim is set to maximum instead of minimum... you spend more crystals... not less. That much I guarantee. Book it!
  • Yep, the slider change has cost me a few crystals today in energy and node refreshes I didn't want. I'm sure I'll get used to it. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the game less as I nervously stop after each tap to read each question that pops up. I'm used to simming one at a time, not because it improves odds, but because that's how I like to play.
  • Rebuc
    16 posts Member
    Rebuc, are you sure you are not mixing me up with smurf lax? I never insulted you but tried to shield you from the insult.

    Sorry...probably a quoting fail...I'm salty today, probably need a nap :)
  • I appreciate the OP, and glad I read the thread before my phone updated, because as someone mentioned, there's muscle memory. I tend to do 2 sims at a time for the mod slice components, and 4 each of char shards.
    Farming 4 OR and Jango. I only buy gear now from the shops.
    Officer of recruiting for Ewoks Fit In Blenders. Traya on farm. 2 spots open, ask me for an invite.
  • Antares
    682 posts Member
    Love this change, please keep it!
  • Degs29
    301 posts Member
    Yeah, I don't understand the FTP argument here either. As a FTP player, I like his change. Anything I'm simming I'm max simming almost all the time.
  • @O.P. I did the same thing. Wasted 90 energy on a little green gear that I only needed one of. Hope they change this
  • Fanatic
    169 posts Member
    Madpup wrote: »
    For people saying there is no difference between doing max sims and doing 1-2 sims at a time, you are wrong. The devs can say whatever they like, but there is zero way my sims done 1-2 at a time and a Max sim are treated the same way. I consistently receive less rewards when doing larger and Max sims than compared to simming 1-2 at a time. This is espessially true when simming for mod gear for whatever reason. When doing a Max sim on mod gear I receive 1 piece of gear or less per sim at last 75% of the time. When I sim 2 at a time the total amount of gear when I'm done simming is 1 piece of gear or more per sim at least 75% of the time. It's not even close. If I Max sim for mod gear, I'm wasting my energy, period end of discussion.

    Here is a mental exercise for everyone who thinks simming 1-2 at a time matters, or that they lower drop rates on characters when purchasable packs are available:

    1) How many employees do you think work at CG?
    2) How many of them do you think have either quit or been fired in the 3+ years SWGOH has been running?
    3) Of those how many do you think left/were let go on bad terms?

    Now, in that 3 years is it not odd that not one of those employees, wanting to get "revenge", has not posted anything anywhere on the internet about how CG manipulates these values like has been theorized? Or posted a snippet of the code that shows these alterations? I know its popular to hate on EA for lousy customer service, and greedy practices, but imagine the **** storm if there was actual proof of these kinds of manipulations. Yet that evidence, or even suggestion of it, seems to be lacking.

    Further, considering some counties laws requiring drop rates on loot boxes... now granted node farming doesn't show drop rates, but do you think EA really wants to get into the legal tangle that would bring if said countries want to tighten those laws down even further? Sure, they could change their data at the time such laws further required percent details on everything come out, but really...

    These things are myths.
  • Gannon
    1433 posts Member
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Madpup wrote: »
    For people saying there is no difference between doing max sims and doing 1-2 sims at a time, you are wrong. The devs can say whatever they like, but there is zero way my sims done 1-2 at a time and a Max sim are treated the same way. I consistently receive less rewards when doing larger and Max sims than compared to simming 1-2 at a time. This is espessially true when simming for mod gear for whatever reason. When doing a Max sim on mod gear I receive 1 piece of gear or less per sim at last 75% of the time. When I sim 2 at a time the total amount of gear when I'm done simming is 1 piece of gear or more per sim at least 75% of the time. It's not even close. If I Max sim for mod gear, I'm wasting my energy, period end of discussion.

    Here is a mental exercise for everyone who thinks simming 1-2 at a time matters, or that they lower drop rates on characters when purchasable packs are available:

    1) How many employees do you think work at CG?
    2) How many of them do you think have either quit or been fired in the 3+ years SWGOH has been running?
    3) Of those how many do you think left/were let go on bad terms?

    Now, in that 3 years is it not odd that not one of those employees, wanting to get "revenge", has not posted anything anywhere on the internet about how CG manipulates these values like has been theorized? Or posted a snippet of the code that shows these alterations? I know its popular to hate on EA for lousy customer service, and greedy practices, but imagine the **** storm if there was actual proof of these kinds of manipulations. Yet that evidence, or even suggestion of it, seems to be lacking.

    Further, considering some counties laws requiring drop rates on loot boxes... now granted node farming doesn't show drop rates, but do you think EA really wants to get into the legal tangle that would bring if said countries want to tighten those laws down even further? Sure, they could change their data at the time such laws further required percent details on everything come out, but really...

    These things are myths.

    Businesses like this require employees to sign NDAs, and only give enough information to complete their assignments. Using a lack of information as the basis of your argument is a weird way to respond.
    Either way, it's still just your opinion.
  • Kailen
    78 posts Member
    I don't like any time the game tries to read my mind and guess what I want or where I want to go. Just leave the **** cursor where I left it last time and be done with it. Quit telling me "hey, there's this hard node you haven't finished yet" on ships when I'm trying to grind for character shards. Quit trying to say "do you want to use ALLLLL your energy?" when trying to get drops because sometimes I don't need to use all of it. Leave the cursor where *I* left it.
  • I love this feature.
    No further comment :D
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Madpup wrote: »
    For people saying there is no difference between doing max sims and doing 1-2 sims at a time, you are wrong. The devs can say whatever they like, but there is zero way my sims done 1-2 at a time and a Max sim are treated the same way. I consistently receive less rewards when doing larger and Max sims than compared to simming 1-2 at a time. This is espessially true when simming for mod gear for whatever reason. When doing a Max sim on mod gear I receive 1 piece of gear or less per sim at last 75% of the time. When I sim 2 at a time the total amount of gear when I'm done simming is 1 piece of gear or more per sim at least 75% of the time. It's not even close. If I Max sim for mod gear, I'm wasting my energy, period end of discussion.

    Here is a mental exercise for everyone who thinks simming 1-2 at a time matters, or that they lower drop rates on characters when purchasable packs are available:

    1) How many employees do you think work at CG?
    2) How many of them do you think have either quit or been fired in the 3+ years SWGOH has been running?
    3) Of those how many do you think left/were let go on bad terms?

    Now, in that 3 years is it not odd that not one of those employees, wanting to get "revenge", has not posted anything anywhere on the internet about how CG manipulates these values like has been theorized? Or posted a snippet of the code that shows these alterations? I know its popular to hate on EA for lousy customer service, and greedy practices, but imagine the **** storm if there was actual proof of these kinds of manipulations. Yet that evidence, or even suggestion of it, seems to be lacking.

    Further, considering some counties laws requiring drop rates on loot boxes... now granted node farming doesn't show drop rates, but do you think EA really wants to get into the legal tangle that would bring if said countries want to tighten those laws down even further? Sure, they could change their data at the time such laws further required percent details on everything come out, but really...

    These things are myths.

    Businesses like this require employees to sign NDAs, and only give enough information to complete their assignments. Using a lack of information as the basis of your argument is a weird way to respond.
    Either way, it's still just your opinion.

    It’s an argument from silence.. Allow me: the fact that disgruntled CG/EA employees who left on bad terms have not come forward with news on reduced sims yielding more shards only proves that CG/EA hired bounty hunters to extinguish any and all disgruntled ex-employees before they could speak up about sims.

    How’d I do?
Sign In or Register to comment.