New update...Watch out when you sim!

Replies

  • Nihion
    2172 posts Member
    Man, I love when the whole community comes together to tell one person that they shouldn’t follow their superstitions because it’s illogical. I wish we told everyone how they should play the game...
  • Fanatic
    193 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Man, I love when the whole community comes together to tell one person that they shouldn’t follow their superstitions because it’s illogical. I wish we told everyone how they should play the game...

    People can play how they want, when they propogate falsehoods we will correct them :)

  • Gannon
    1472 posts Member
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Man, I love when the whole community comes together to tell one person that they shouldn’t follow their superstitions because it’s illogical. I wish we told everyone how they should play the game...

    People can play how they want, when they propogate falsehoods we will correct them :)

    Didn't see any propagating, just a few peoples preferences on using Sims. Which you attacked immediately, as you're obviously smarter than everyone else and know the exact drop rates and percentages. 👌
  • Nihion
    2172 posts Member
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Man, I love when the whole community comes together to tell one person that they shouldn’t follow their superstitions because it’s illogical. I wish we told everyone how they should play the game...

    People can play how they want, when they propogate falsehoods we will correct them :)

    Giving personal experience isn’t a falsehood, that’s my issue. He is just stating what he believes works for him. Does it actually? I can’t tell you that, and he might not know, but facts and statistics can’t prove that he’s not getting lucky with his personal habits.
  • After the last update, simulation changes. Now default is the maximum times you can simulate. Before 1 is the default. I lost Energy several times today. I didn't pay attention all the time. Please reverse this.
  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    edited March 15
    Nihion wrote: »
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Man, I love when the whole community comes together to tell one person that they shouldn’t follow their superstitions because it’s illogical. I wish we told everyone how they should play the game...

    People can play how they want, when they propogate falsehoods we will correct them :)

    Giving personal experience isn’t a falsehood, that’s my issue. He is just stating what he believes works for him. Does it actually? I can’t tell you that, and he might not know, but facts and statistics can’t prove that he’s not getting lucky with his personal habits.

    I wonder what it will take for you to correct someone for believing something works when you're as sure as one can be that it doesn't. I mean how much of a negative impact does believing something works which doesn't need to have for you to correct someone and potentially prevent others from being convinced by that person.
    In this case it doesn't really matter, i'd say if you believe simming per 2 works, just go for it, but imho you're kinda doing someone a disservice by not saying it doesn't work though. Then again, ignorance is bliss.
    edit: i do however think that being a ... about it when correcting someone is kinda unnecessary. I guess that was the point of your post, which is nice. It's just that your reasoning seems super flawed to me. Not just because facts and statistics can easily prove whether or not he's getting lucky with his personal habits. Access to those statistics is a different story though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I'll take thousands of saved taps over the life of the game to a few energy too much used during a learning curve, thanks.
  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    JyneRena wrote: »
    I think we can all agree that this issue is polarizing. People either love this change or hate it. I wish that they would compromise, if they keep it set to Max, allow users to change this setting on an individual basis within the game settings menu. Or vice versa. Clearly people are going to be unhappy if they change it back but people are already unhappy now so they only way to make both sides content is a compromise.

    the best sollution/compromise imo is just to add a sim max button, even less clicks for max sims and nothing changes for the players who preferred the old sim logic.
    people will still complain because they undoubtebly hit the sim max by accident when they wanted regular sims, but i don't care about those people. (nor do they care about me for that matter, it's not like they don't just want the old sims back and don't care one iota about what i want)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Man, I love when the whole community comes together to tell one person that they shouldn’t follow their superstitions because it’s illogical. I wish we told everyone how they should play the game...

    People can play how they want, when they propogate falsehoods we will correct them :)

    Giving personal experience isn’t a falsehood, that’s my issue. He is just stating what he believes works for him. Does it actually? I can’t tell you that, and he might not know, but facts and statistics can’t prove that he’s not getting lucky with his personal habits.

    Probably one of the most reasonable, respectful, comments so far.
    You probably just made yourself a target by saying somthing nice...lol
    I don't think some are actually "reading" what you said...bravo Nihion!
  • Gannon
    1472 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Man, I love when the whole community comes together to tell one person that they shouldn’t follow their superstitions because it’s illogical. I wish we told everyone how they should play the game...

    People can play how they want, when they propogate falsehoods we will correct them :)

    Giving personal experience isn’t a falsehood, that’s my issue. He is just stating what he believes works for him. Does it actually? I can’t tell you that, and he might not know, but facts and statistics can’t prove that he’s not getting lucky with his personal habits.

    I wonder what it will take for you to correct someone for believing something works when you're as sure as one can be that it doesn't. I mean how much of a negative impact does believing something works which doesn't need to have for you to correct someone and potentially prevent others from being convinced by that person.

    People believe all kinds of things that most of us know are bull. That's life. In this case, op wasn't advocating that everyone adopt their habits, just said that it seemed to work for them. And if you're right that the drop rate is static, then it really doesn't matter if you do one or two or ten at a time, right?
  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Man, I love when the whole community comes together to tell one person that they shouldn’t follow their superstitions because it’s illogical. I wish we told everyone how they should play the game...

    People can play how they want, when they propogate falsehoods we will correct them :)

    Giving personal experience isn’t a falsehood, that’s my issue. He is just stating what he believes works for him. Does it actually? I can’t tell you that, and he might not know, but facts and statistics can’t prove that he’s not getting lucky with his personal habits.

    I wonder what it will take for you to correct someone for believing something works when you're as sure as one can be that it doesn't. I mean how much of a negative impact does believing something works which doesn't need to have for you to correct someone and potentially prevent others from being convinced by that person.

    People believe all kinds of things that most of us know are bull. That's life. In this case, op wasn't advocating that everyone adopt their habits, just said that it seemed to work for them. And if you're right that the drop rate is static, then it really doesn't matter if you do one or two or ten at a time, right?

    You're left out the part where i said it doesn't really matter from the same comment you quoted, but yea, it doesn't really matter aside from it being a timesaver and probably the only reason people don't like the QoL.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Megamatch
    32 posts Member
    edited March 15
    I accidently simmed through all my energy looking for one Blue holo projsector. Lesson learned.

    What i didnt see people talk so much about is the New gear find option which i think is awesome. Now i can look for crafted pieces instead of only salvage, makes it easier to find those small Blue parts you always need to round out the gear level.

    So frustrating have like 500 carbs and a few hundred guns n cuffs and all Purple or gold gear to go g12 and get stuck g8 cause you need 40 random blues
  • Monel
    1271 posts Member
    Gomes wrote: »
    After the last update, simulation changes. Now default is the maximum times you can simulate. Before 1 is the default. I lost Energy several times today. I didn't pay attention all the time. Please reverse this.

    Being able to adapt is a distinct survival skill.
  • theatomicpun
    430 posts Member
    edited March 15
    .
  • theatomicpun
    430 posts Member
    edited March 15
    Ratinira wrote: »
    It is amazing how many game problems can be solved just by paying attention on whats happening on the screen...

    I will say this made me actually laugh out loud. Not just one of those "breathe out through the nose quickly" situations even.

  • I only do the 2-3 sims when I need like 20 things, but when I need 20+ I do all because there is a higher chance to get more stuff with 2-3 at a lower level of total items.
  • leef wrote: »
    the best sollution/compromise imo is just to add a sim max button, even less clicks for max sims and nothing changes for the players who preferred the old sim logic.

    I like this idea too. I just wish they would do something
  • Nihion
    2172 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Man, I love when the whole community comes together to tell one person that they shouldn’t follow their superstitions because it’s illogical. I wish we told everyone how they should play the game...

    People can play how they want, when they propogate falsehoods we will correct them :)

    Giving personal experience isn’t a falsehood, that’s my issue. He is just stating what he believes works for him. Does it actually? I can’t tell you that, and he might not know, but facts and statistics can’t prove that he’s not getting lucky with his personal habits.

    I wonder what it will take for you to correct someone for believing something works when you're as sure as one can be that it doesn't. I mean how much of a negative impact does believing something works which doesn't need to have for you to correct someone and potentially prevent others from being convinced by that person.
    In this case it doesn't really matter, i'd say if you believe simming per 2 works, just go for it, but imho you're kinda doing someone a disservice by not saying it doesn't work though. Then again, ignorance is bliss.
    edit: i do however think that being a ... about it when correcting someone is kinda unnecessary. I guess that was the point of your post, which is nice. It's just that your reasoning seems super flawed to me. Not just because facts and statistics can easily prove whether or not he's getting lucky with his personal habits. Access to those statistics is a different story though.

    My logic is always flawed, I’ve never really been one for logical approaches. But yeah, you’re right.
  • It has already happened to me two times since update, energies were all gone since the max number was applied. I think that they did this fix intentionally so that you need to spend crystal to recharge if you forgot to reduce that number especially you don’t need to do that before
  • Aydnie wrote: »

    I only sim 2 hits at a time because I received advice a while ago that this gives the best returns (after experimenting imo it is true).

    Please tell me, does it actually increases drop rate ?

    No
  • Fanatic
    193 posts Member
    edited March 16
    Gannon wrote: »
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Man, I love when the whole community comes together to tell one person that they shouldn’t follow their superstitions because it’s illogical. I wish we told everyone how they should play the game...

    People can play how they want, when they propogate falsehoods we will correct them :)

    Didn't see any propagating, just a few peoples preferences on using Sims. Which you attacked immediately, as you're obviously smarter than everyone else and know the exact drop rates and percentages. 👌

    This was stated:
    For people saying there is no difference between doing max sims and doing 1-2 sims at a time, you are wrong.

    That's not simply someone stating an opinion. They are claiming that there is an actual difference. Again, I don't care if people want to sim 1-2 at a time, that is their business. Stating that will net others more shards if they also do this is a falsehood.
  • Gannon
    1472 posts Member
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Man, I love when the whole community comes together to tell one person that they shouldn’t follow their superstitions because it’s illogical. I wish we told everyone how they should play the game...

    People can play how they want, when they propogate falsehoods we will correct them :)

    Didn't see any propagating, just a few peoples preferences on using Sims. Which you attacked immediately, as you're obviously smarter than everyone else and know the exact drop rates and percentages. 👌

    This was stated:
    For people saying there is no difference between doing max sims and doing 1-2 sims at a time, you are wrong.

    That's not simply someone stating an opinion. They are claiming that there is an actual difference. Again, I don't care if people want to sim 1-2 at a time, that is their business. Stating that will net others more shards if they also do this is a falsehood.

    I missed that one, but you're right. I have my own reasons for doing one or two at a time, but nobody should be pushing that they're certain and other are wrong. Unless they've seen the coding, I guess.
  • Or, as I said on the other thread, you can run a very simple experiment like my old guild did.

    Assign each person who wants to participate a number of max Sims per run. I was the one in my old guild that had to do one at a time. At the end of a 7 day week, I had an average of 2 more gear/shards, from every run, than anyone else. We all simmed one at a time ever since.

    However, gamers who don't understand the devs psychology of getting peeps to spend more, or how to frame a statistic so it shows the result you want lol, should run the experiment themselves. You will never believe us, because you don't want to. Put your money where your mouth is. Run an experiment, keep a spreadsheet, and post your results.

    You will soon learn what the rest of us know from experience, you get more when you do it one at a time. But it's not is being superstitious, lol. It's you being had by the devs :)
  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    Terzana wrote: »
    Put your money where your mouth is. Run an experiment, keep a spreadsheet, and post your results.

    So where's your spreadsheet?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Terzana wrote: »
    Put your money where your mouth is. Run an experiment, keep a spreadsheet, and post your results.

    So where's your spreadsheet?

    We did it years ago. I could fake a spreadsheet, why would you believe me? It's time for you to prove it to yourself... Or not lol. It's not up to me what you believe. Only you can prove it yourself. You are the only one you'll believe. What are you afraid of?

    Math is math. It doesn't lie or frame statistics in a certain way. People do that. Do your own math :) maybe you'll prove me wrong.
  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    Terzana wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Terzana wrote: »
    Put your money where your mouth is. Run an experiment, keep a spreadsheet, and post your results.

    So where's your spreadsheet?

    We did it years ago. I could fake a spreadsheet, why would you believe me? It's time for you to prove it to yourself... Or not lol. It's not up to me what you believe. Only you can prove it yourself. You are the only one you'll believe. What are you afraid of?

    Math is math. It doesn't lie or frame statistics in a certain way. People do that. Do your own math :) maybe you'll prove me wrong.

    Right, well it seems a bit weird to tell others to "put their money where their mouth is" while not puttig the money where your mouth is yourself.
    I'm actually not the only one i would believe. I was also geniuily curious to see your spreadsheet so i could judge for myself if it backs up your claim or if it wasn't sufficient enough imo. I don't think anyone would go through the trouble of faking a spreadsheet, so there's no reason for me not to believe your results if you would have been able to share the spreadsheet.
    I'm not afraid to test it, if you're right you're right and it would benefit me to know whether or not you're right. I'm however way too lazy to test it. Also because i'm relatively sure you're wrong so i would just be wasting my time.
    If you now feel compelled to test it again and put the money where your mouth is, you may be able to change my mind, or realize you've been simming per 1 for nothing all these years ;).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • If you were doing 2 Sims at a time there's now way you didn't notice this change because Sims used to start at one.
  • The question here is, roughly, how many people actually burn all of their energy at one time. I do not think that would come out to be the majority. I mean, how much time would everyone be spending on the game at that rate. I don't want to be on and back off that quick. May just be me though. It did get me twice now. **** reflexes!!! I do not like the change.
  • I like this change quite a bit. I always sim the maximum amount that I can. Always.

    And for the record this has nothing to do with being a F2P, P2P, Whale, Dolphin, Kraken, whatever. I have a very healthy crystal income :wink:

    I think you are probably in the minority in the game. At least, I hope you are. Otherwise, if everyone was or is like you, then no one would be playing the game really. I mean, how much time on the game are you spending when just jumping in and spending all of your energy in just a few clicks. Doesn't sound like you "like" to be in the game much. Not trying to insult you. Just saying what it appears to be. I like to spend a little more time than that on the game. We already don't get very much time with the free energy we get. I am far from a free to play player. But, I do not spend money on it every day. Maybe once every two weeks. But still. You should not be able to accidentally burn all of your energy in an accidental click. Especially when you've been conditioned to start off with one at a time. They can make it remember your last entry and put it back in every time. Even when changing battles. This will make everyone happy.
Sign In or Register to comment.