New update...Watch out when you sim!

123457Next

Replies

  • Nihion wrote: »
    Terzana wrote: »
    You forgot the part about it being a decision that, coincidentally, costs players real money. Do you agree that it seems to be the case, for quite a few of us?

    What Kyno is saying is this: Although some people will lose some energy for a month or two, it doesn’t have an effect on real money, because you are not required to buy crystals for more energy. It’s just an annoying thing that will go away after a little while. And I understand this viewpoint.

    Well, I wrote a post, but it's gone.

    I understood what he was saying. What he didn't ever address is how this little fiasco improved the devs QoL.

    To say that spending is not required is not an answer to the profit they made from it. They know it cost us. It cost money for a lot of us trying to maintain a cadence. It cost time to ftp players. They know it hurt many of us, but they have yet to mention it, or send out crystals or energy to make up for it.

    They could have mentioned it and warned us, but they didn't. Nor have they mentioned it since. Especially the part where we lost refills again setting all sliders back to one, just to have it jump back to all energy the second you leave that area.

    So while spending is not required, they just got a nice bump in income from their choice. Funny that. Kyno refused to admit that. Ignored it entirely. As would any intelligent company person or politician.
  • Sorry kyno, I must have been reposting as you wrote. I saw your answer. Sorry for the next post. But not sorry for a single thing I said.
  • leef
    13052 posts Member
    i doubt they got a "nice bump in income" due to this change tbh.
    I sure as sith wouldn't buy crystals only because i "wasted" my energy by simming max instead of once or twice due to this change. Then again, i wouldn't buy crystals anyway.

    Save water, drink champagne!
  • This is just a plain bad change to the game plain old bad change and hurts game play.

    It will discurage new players. And those who are trying to get stronger will have harder time.

    It’s already affecting ppl in my guild.

    Must be changed back. Who ever had this idea is wrong.
  • Kyno
    21947 posts Moderator
    Terzana wrote: »
    Sorry kyno, I must have been reposting as you wrote. I saw your answer. Sorry for the next post. But not sorry for a single thing I said.

    Never be sorry for what you say, I wouldnt ask you to.
  • Nihion
    2227 posts Member
    Terzana wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Terzana wrote: »
    You forgot the part about it being a decision that, coincidentally, costs players real money. Do you agree that it seems to be the case, for quite a few of us?

    What Kyno is saying is this: Although some people will lose some energy for a month or two, it doesn’t have an effect on real money, because you are not required to buy crystals for more energy. It’s just an annoying thing that will go away after a little while. And I understand this viewpoint.

    Well, I wrote a post, but it's gone.

    I understood what he was saying. What he didn't ever address is how this little fiasco improved the devs QoL.

    To say that spending is not required is not an answer to the profit they made from it. They know it cost us. It cost money for a lot of us trying to maintain a cadence. It cost time to ftp players. They know it hurt many of us, but they have yet to mention it, or send out crystals or energy to make up for it.

    They could have mentioned it and warned us, but they didn't. Nor have they mentioned it since. Especially the part where we lost refills again setting all sliders back to one, just to have it jump back to all energy the second you leave that area.

    So while spending is not required, they just got a nice bump in income from their choice. Funny that. Kyno refused to admit that. Ignored it entirely. As would any intelligent company person or politician.

    Technically it only wastes F2P players a little bit of time or some saved up gems or else they wouldn’t be F2P ;)

    I understand that it was a little surprising, and definitely frustrating, but it doesn’t warrant a massive send-out of crystals. Give it a little time, you’ll ease into it.
  • EtchaSketch
    50 posts Member
    edited March 19

    I have never heard them say they dont want to, I also believe that every QoL update has had elements that were directly asked for by the community....so, yeah.

    Show me the threads where people have asked for this change? The community has asked for many many more things, another tier to challenges, a zeta event (like omega but harder) better matchmaking in TW, people actually testing new chars so you dont realise a week after release theyre OP with a certain team and need a nerf (LOL)
    But #1 i think in most peoples minds is better communication, and this is what they give us?

    I too lost energy to CGs newest money making scheme. And yes, they ARE making money on this "QOL". Everyone has an opinion and CG needs to weigh all of them. This thread is how long and we have yet to hear one dev say anything good or bad in reference to what seems to be for a big number of players a huge issue.
    To the players that max sim, if you only need 1 green gear do you really max and spend 170ish (after bonus energy) and sim 28? I highly doubt it. What people are saying is when you need 1 or 2 pieces of gear, the majority of players dont max everything, because im sure thats not the only char you need gear on.
    Heck, im sure im totally different then everyone else, if i need a certain piece, i sim 1 at a time, twice, then i move to the other node, then back to the first etc. And i can say ive honestly "wasted" (mistakingly used) over 1000 energy because of this change.

    We as a community have to stop name calling, whining about each others opinions etc and come together against CG. We are afterall the ones who pay their salaries, and they should take our (everyones) opinions into consideration and actually listen to what we want.
    Leef likes to max sim, i personally dont like to (not picking on you your name just stood out). But since enough players have complained that they lost energy because of this, i seriously think it needs to be changed from what it currently is. (post QOL)
    If this was a new char in a hstr and someone could now solo it, it would have been changed already.
    So as a few players suggested, have a 1 sim (default) a max sim button (so its 1 click) and a +/- for those in between. If you want to max, its 1 click, as opposed to what it was before. The max people are happy now, and the non max dont waste extra energy.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • lost all my energy again today by mistake. this is the most pathetic and incompetent update i ever saw in a game. horrible horrible developers.
  • The max simming stinks. I'm using too much energy for one item. It is very hard to remember to change the toggle when you’ve been doing it the other way for so long. I’m spending crystals in the wrong way.
  • It's based on your last sim I think.
    Mine is always set to 4 as I sim 4 for character shards
Sign In or Register to comment.