Why bother?

The game has now become SWGotOldRepublic.

How does this affect players without an Old Republic team? How does this affect the position, the ranking, and the ability of players without an OR team?

Greatly.

I just put together the most powerful team I could muster, Empire, over 100k power, against a Bastilla led OR team, not even Revan, and that team was at 90k power. That team destroyed mine. I didn't stand a chance. If it was Revan led? Darth Revan? My game, my chances are ruined.

So, if my more powerful Empire team is destroyed by a weaker, under-developed OR team, why should I invest any more in that Empire team? To do so would be futile. There is only one way: build an OR team.

You push me to do it. I refuse.

I lose.

What am I to do if I cannot compete with even weak OR teams with my best teams?

The greatest issue of this game is this: you provide a multitude of possibilities, and a multitude of characters, yet, very clearly, only a handful of those characters are even worth investing in. I would estimate a maximum of 50% of current characters are worth investing time and real money in. The other 50% are a literal waste, and that waste is an insult.

"Here is a free game, but you will not enjoy any success in it unless you do what your Guild tell you to do, also what the Meta tells you to do".

It's driving people away. This is negative motivation, not positive in the slightest.

I am genuinely knocked back at how badly this is run.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    this is new?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • But your point is what? That you disagree, or you accept it?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So your debuff-centric Empire team (EP lead, right?) got wrecked by Bastila, which boosts tenacity? Sorry, that's not the game's fault. Maybe don't try to beat the rock with your scissors.
    There will always be a meta, so better accept it and adapt.
  • Enjoying thing is a perception. Set your own targets (dont just copy rank1 squad arena target from whales), and enjoy working towards those.
    One of my best feelings on this game was when I managed to solo Pit the first time. That is not a respected target now, as we'll have it SIMMED thats how easy it is, but for me, that was a huge thing.
    Similarly, when I unlocked my favorite sith.. Darth Maul. He's useless in the current meta, but he's my favorite, with a fun kit (against rebels in events).
    Small targets, frequent funs.
  • Kameleonic wrote: »
    The game has now become SWGotOldRepublic.

How does this affect players without an Old Republic team? How does this affect the position, the ranking, and the ability of players without an OR team?

Greatly.

I just put together the most powerful team I could muster, Empire, over 100k power, against a Bastilla led OR team, not even Revan, and that team was at 90k power. That team destroyed mine. I didn't stand a chance. If it was Revan led? Darth Revan? My game, my chances are ruined.

So, if my more powerful Empire team is destroyed by a weaker, under-developed OR team, why should I invest any more in that Empire team? To do so would be futile. There is only one way: build an OR team.

You push me to do it. I refuse.

I lose.

What am I to do if I cannot compete with even weak OR teams with my best teams?

The greatest issue of this game is this: you provide a multitude of possibilities, and a multitude of characters, yet, very clearly, only a handful of those characters are even worth investing in. I would estimate a maximum of 50% of current characters are worth investing time and real money in. The other 50% are a literal waste, and that waste is an insult.

"Here is a free game, but you will not enjoy any success in it unless you do what your Guild tell you to do, also what the Meta tells you to do".

It's driving people away. This is negative motivation, not positive in the slightest.

I am genuinely knocked back at how badly this is run.

Sweet Jesus. How is this different when Rebels were the meta? Or when zPalpatine took over?

The only people I see complaining about KOTOR meta is those who couldn't be bothered at all to farm them even for the 2nd / 3rd round of legendary event.

The only way your request above can happen is if you stop everyone from sharing the meta like AhnaldT101, MobileGamer, DBOfficial, etc. No guides, no revelation on who the best characters / team composition are currently.

It's a competitive game and as a F2P player myself, I accept everything that's thrown at me and follow the trend. You want to know what actual pay wall feels like? Try Marvel Strike Force, then SWGOH will look like heaven compared to that egregious game with very very VERY greedy devs/publisher.

Complaining about coordinating with your guild? Wow. This, I am totally speechless.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    But your point is what? That you disagree, or you accept it?

That farming meta will lead to you winning more often? yea, i agree with that, accept it and even welcome it.
    I don't want to get beat in arena by a palp lead that has been meta for quite a while about a year ago. The different meta's have lead to me having quite a diverse roster with some additional pet projects i personally liked and are good in various game modes like zfinn (pre nerf), clones (hAAT) and troopers for example.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I don't think you understand the game.

Bastila is pretty much a hard counter to empire teams. That doesn't mean empire is irrelevant. zPalp is still a solid choice in GA/TW/PvE
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299