Poe or Daka - ARENA consideration only

DarthSamJackson
323 posts Member
edited March 2016
Sorry about another Daka/Poe topic. But wanted to focus on arena only. Discuss.

Poe or Daka - ARENA consideration only 46 votes

"Edgar Alan" Poe Dameron
23%
NayverMWillkimm98fleurdelis3DingleTingleNONcomKamikazeRhombusJedilove3737WjprbergLuke6108JarlRagnarHoUston 11 votes
Old Daka
76%
scubaFantazyBerdilioVouterReyneShankswalkyourpathBiel_StarboyOrionPeaceOniRenkaiAmaltheaTritiumDarthCranxTau_LambdaFaktor180xSkandarGraunxNortikka_aikarajuuLaLiamDarthBalInggold 35 votes

Replies

• scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Old Daka
    Don't have Poe. Heard the wind up of the bat and decided to wait.
  • "Edgar Alan" Poe Dameron
    Poe, I have Daka at 5* and she was good for a little while, but I have a difficult time with any team that has Poe, as I do not have him.
  • I'm contemplating using both. I think it would work.
  • I'm contemplating using both. I think it would work.

I use both in a holding team at 6*. I don't have Rey or GS so I try to use a stun/harass team and it seems to work out ok. Keeps me in top 50 with no refreshes on a late November server.

I hope to swap them both out soon once I get some of the speed cannon heroes ready though.

It all depends on who you have now.
  • Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    I'm contemplating using both. I think it would work.

I use both in a holding team at 6*. I don't have Rey or GS so I try to use a stun/harass team and it seems to work out ok. Keeps me in top 50 with no refreshes on a late November server.

I hope to swap them both out soon once I get some of the speed cannon heroes ready though.

It all depends on who you have now.

Yes, one would need 3 bombs for daka, poe build to be truly effective.
  • Old Daka
    I have Poe and Daka at max. Never used Poe anymore after the meta change. Her stuns don't always work but she saved me more than once.
  • Interesting! Thanks for the advice everyone. Let me ask you this - when you face a Daka team, how often do you focus her first? If you kill a glass cannon only to have her resurrect it, you're not in good shape.
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Interesting! Thanks for the advice everyone. Let me ask you this - when you face a Daka team, how often do you focus her first? If you kill a glass cannon only to have her resurrect it, you're not in good shape.

You forgot about lumi healing it straight after it revived
    Depends on the other characters in the team. I run droids and Poe is a no-brainer for them.
  • Depends on the other characters in the team. I run droids and Poe is a no-brainer for them.

Explain that - he is a no-brainer because he protects the glass cannons 88 and 86? Not sure why this wouldn't apply to any team whether or not they have droids?
  • I'll abstain from voting without know your squad
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Ello_Asty wrote: »
    I'll abstain from voting without know your squad

My current squad is
    Sid (L) 7*
    Poggle 7*
    IG-86 7*
    QGJ 7*
    Lumi 7*

I can't beat any droid team that has Poe. I usually get my butt kicked by Phasma teams that have Daka. Most teams with GS give me trouble. My biggest problem is Sid goes first and can't one hit anyone. Then I get my butt handed to me for a few turns. I'm usually down 5-3 by the time I can actually mount any offense. My team is too slow to be dangerous.
    Depends on the other characters in the team. I run droids and Poe is a no-brainer for them.

Explain that - he is a no-brainer because he protects the glass cannons 88 and 86? Not sure why this wouldn't apply to any team whether or not they have droids?

I like him more for his enemy turn meter reduction. Droids need all the speed help they can get so they don't get one shotted before moving. If you had a team with GS, Rey, and QGJ (L) then I wouldn't value Poe as much since the extra turn meter he provides isn't as valuable. All of those characters would go before Poe even goes. Daka on the other hand is a monster on defense with the extra RNG the AI gets.
  • Depends on the other characters in the team. I run droids and Poe is a no-brainer for them.

I like him more for his enemy turn meter reduction. Droids need all the speed help they can get so they don't get one shotted before moving. If you had a team with GS, Rey, and QGJ (L) then I wouldn't value Poe as much since the extra turn meter he provides isn't as valuable. All of those characters would go before Poe even goes. Daka on the other hand is a monster on defense with the extra RNG the AI gets.

Thanks, that's a great explanation.
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    "Edgar Alan" Poe Dameron
    Ello_Asty wrote: »

My current squad is
    Sid (L) 7*
    Poggle 7*
    IG-86 7*
    QGJ 7*
    Lumi 7*

I can't beat any droid team that has Poe. I usually get my butt kicked by Phasma teams that have Daka. Most teams with GS give me trouble. My biggest problem is Sid goes first and can't one hit anyone. Then I get my butt handed to me for a few turns. I'm usually down 5-3 by the time I can actually mount any offense. My team is too slow to be dangerous.

The problem with your team is only Sid would be acting before Poe taunts. Poggle would tie for a coin flip but those two probably wouldn't be able to kill IG-88. If you switched to QGJ as lead he would be able to move before Poe and kill IG-88. Yeah it would suck losing the extra crit bonuses from Sid but you would stand a better chance in my opinion. I also think Sid isn't that great when he isn't lead so maybe look into replacing him if you go the ever popular QGJ way.
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member

I agree, the squad if important.
  • DarthSamJackson
    323 posts Member
    edited March 2016

My current squad is
    Sid (L) 7*
    Poggle 7*
    IG-86 7*
    QGJ 7*
    Lumi 7*

The problem with your team is only Sid would be acting before Poe taunts. Poggle would tie for a coin flip but those two probably wouldn't be able to kill IG-88. If you switched to QGJ as lead he would be able to move before Poe and kill IG-88. Yeah it would suck losing the extra crit bonuses from Sid but you would stand a better chance in my opinion. I also think Sid isn't that great when he isn't lead so maybe look into replacing him if you go the ever popular QGJ way.

Agreed - Sid won't have a place on my team if not leader. And yes, I've seen first hand that my team is not fast enough. I ignored all the advice to get GS and am paying the price. So let's say I try your advice and go:

QGJ (L)
    Lumi
    IG-86
    Poggle?
    Daka? Yoda?
  • In the current meta adding GS to your team will make some of those issues go away. Against droid team you can one shot 88 with GS + assist. Poggle adds offense up. Poe taunts. Use QGJ on Poe to remove taunt or almost one shot with 86 + assist. My lineup is 7* Poggle (L), 86, GS and rotate between Sid/Daka/Duku and can beat most of the teams (Droid, Jedi, Whale) on the way to the top 5 without any problems unless the RNGsus goes crazy.
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    "Edgar Alan" Poe Dameron

My current squad is
    Sid (L) 7*
    Poggle 7*
    IG-86 7*
    QGJ 7*
    Lumi 7*

Agreed - Sid won't have a place on my team if not leader. And yes, I've seen first hand that my team is not fast enough. I ignored all the advice to get GS and am paying the price. So let's say I try your advice and go:

QGJ (L)
    Lumi
    IG-86
    Poggle?
    Daka? Yoda?

I never leveled up my Jedi (still need Mace to get to 5*) so I can't comment on Yoda but what you listed with Daka sounds like a good team and seems pretty popular.

My current squad is
    Sid (L) 7*
    Poggle 7*
    IG-86 7*
    QGJ 7*
    Lumi 7*

QGJ (L)
    Lumi
    IG-86
    Poggle?
    Daka? Yoda?

I never leveled up my Jedi (still need Mace to get to 5*) so I can't comment on Yoda but what you listed with Daka sounds like a good team and seems pretty popular.

Thanks again for all the help!

My current squad is
    Sid (L) 7*
    Poggle 7*
    IG-86 7*
    QGJ 7*
    Lumi 7*

QGJ (L)
    Lumi
    IG-86
    Poggle?
    Daka? Yoda?

No problem and don't be afraid to switch your lineup around and try out new things.

My current squad is
    Sid (L) 7*
    Poggle 7*
    IG-86 7*
    QGJ 7*
    Lumi 7*

QGJ (L)
    Lumi
    IG-86
    Poggle?
    Daka? Yoda?

No problem and don't be afraid to switch your lineup around and try out new things.

I actually just tried

QGJ (L)
    Lumi
    Poggle
    IG-86
    Kylo

And got a neat and tidy win vs a Phasma/Daka team that would have scared me in the past. Thanks for giving me the courage to sub Sid out of there;). Other characters I want to try sprinkling in are Daka, RP, Yoda, IG88, and Ventress.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Haha, I have sub in phasma at 5* max gear and leader ability for my 7* Sid. What's the west that could happen trying something new?

Next week I am dedicating a switch to phasma Kylo 6* max gear both with Poggle 6* and GS 5* with either Lumi 7* or Dooku 5*. When I get my Daka to 5* will hopefully have her max gear and drop her in slip out Poggle and keep Dooku for phasma Kylo Dooku Daka GS. Once my phasma and Poggle are 7* I am farming tusken raider in GW, and will finish up my fives who is 6*. Hoping by then my Dooku is 6* and I am going for Barriss till she is 6-7*.

Never be afraid to try something different, honestly gear trumps stars, and ability level adds to that count. I have run 5* max gear and ability teams against full 7* teams and tore them up.
  • Interesting. With my QGJ lead, I just attacked IG88 and assisted with IG86 and this wasn't enough to kill 88. Poe immediately taunts, and I get destroyed. I didn't think the squishy 88 could withstand this initial assisted attack.
    Weird are their abilities and gear up all the way? I'm assuming neither of them crit then.
  • Weird are their abilities and gear up all the way? I'm assuming neither of them crit then.

Not sure about the gear level. I know the 88 was 7 star with purple gear. The other funny thing is the 5* Poe after he taunted and I hit him, he healed himself at the start of this next turn. I didn't even know Poe could do that.
  • Depends on the squad. Daka works best on a Phasma lead squad. Poe on basically everything else. I mean obviously Daka can work as a good healer/revive on any squad. Lumi is also really good as a healer plus she does above average damage.
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    "Edgar Alan" Poe Dameron
    Weird are their abilities and gear up all the way? I'm assuming neither of them crit then.

Not sure about the gear level. I know the 88 was 7 star with purple gear. The other funny thing is the 5* Poe after he taunted and I hit him, he healed himself at the start of this next turn. I didn't even know Poe could do that.

Poe gets health when he resists a debuff or maybe it was a Lumi or Barriss heal/leader ability. I meant the gear level on your QGJ and 86. Those two should have killed 88 at max gear/level/stars.
  • DarthSamJackson
    323 posts Member
    edited March 2016

Poe gets health when he resists a debuff or maybe it was a Lumi or Barriss heal/leader ability. I meant the gear level on your QGJ and 86. Those two should have killed 88 at max gear/level/stars.

My QGJ and 86 are both 7* gear VII (not max gear, I'm working on that but it's taking a while), L70, maxed level on attacks. I think the Poe heal was actually due to Lumi.
    Post edited by DarthSamJackson on