How Does 3PO Work?

How does he make Rebels (and I presume Resistance) so much better?

I see the stat boosts in his uniques, but I feel like his impact far outweighs that. Is there a synergy I'm missing or are the boosts from Translation and Uniques really that good?

Replies

• Options
    It’s also the exposes on basic attacks which help chew through enemies much more quickly and the mass assist special ability.
  • Options
    DaPowerfulJedi is right about the exposes. It's crazy how many times rebels will apply expose and help you mow down opponents. Also, have to consider how other characters' abilities are effected by expose. Resist trooper will take a ton of turns. Expose is what made zeta finn dominate before the rework comes into effect. CLS zeta leadership benefits from exposes when they're resisted, giving tons of turn meter to your team. Raid Han's shooting first and firing twice does tons of damage because of the exposes. probably forgetting other applications, but those are ones i can think of for now.
  • Options
    I have c3po 7 stars now, but is he really worth gearing for arena?

I think the answer is no because it doesn’t overcome Revan meta ( or Darth Revan when that becomes a thing)

I don’t doubt importance in raids or arena when you need tons
    of teams
  • Options
    I put 5* G8 3PO into my arena team today and noticed an improvement over running the same team with Thrawn, so it definitely seems like he's worth it so far
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    How high does his gear need to be? Hes stealthed most of the time and when I fight him I just ignore him so health doesnt seem to matter? Would love advice.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    g12 would be best as you get that sweet bonus speed. Health+prot, defense, and potency are also nice from gear levels

At minimum, unlock every ability. Which should be like g8, but you can check yourself.

Realistically, as tough as it takes to give guard to CLS when you take him into battle.

C3 brings a lot to the table to both Rebel and resistance teams. (GR and ewoks too, but who really uses c3 with them) and Raid teams. If you invest in better raid teams (like c3) you need less of them overall
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    3PO also grants Ewoks the ability to expose on a basic, making the little murder bears a little more.... murderous.

I’ve been playing around with 3 Ewoks, 3PO, and PL. Leia inflicts Expose on each attack, frequently grants crit chance up (healing Paploo if using him), is frequently stealthed (granting Wicket crit Damage), and is called to assist plenty often. It’s been VERY effective on offense, I’m about to try it in GA defense to verify it’s validity.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    3PO also grants Ewoks the ability to expose on a basic, making the little murder bears a little more.... murderous.

I’ve been playing around with with 3 Ewoks, 3PO, and PL. Leia inflicts Expose on each attack, frequently grants crit chance up (healing Paploo if using him), is frequently stealthed (granting Wicket crit Damage), and is called to assist plenty often. It’s been VERY effective on offense, I’m about to try it in GA defense to verify it’s validity.
    Oooh, I like that thinking! >:)
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @Dwinkelm 3po leia elder paploo under a teebo lead in one of the back zones of ga is a massive pain in the kitten.. I ended up with 9 defence wins and still unbeaten in the last ga.. I’m at 3.6mil gp for bracket guidance
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    @Dwinkelm 3po leia elder paploo under a teebo lead in one of the back zones of ga is a massive pain in the kitten.. I ended up with 9 defence wins and still unbeaten in the last ga.. I’m at 3.6mil gp for bracket guidance

Oh I like this. Going to try it next GA.