Return Simming Slider to 1

Replies

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Let us click the bar where we want it again not just use the plus and minus to adjust

That still works for me on iOS.
    VonZant wrote: »
    Doesnt it only happen the first time then it stays at whatever you set it?

Yes, if you select an amount it'll stay that way till you change it or leave the screen.

Wow thanks it works for you so its ok for everyone! Perfect
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    dominiQC wrote: »
    CrysSyling wrote: »
    Challenges seems to hold the answer. There is a big button that says "sim all available". And it does. And this is fantastic on Sundays when there are 6 different battles.

But forcing people to change the slider down to 1 is worse than forcing people to change to the slider to max. I said this in another post, but this feels like a cash grab disguised as a QOL update.

So rather than defaulting to "spend as much energy as possible" maybe they should default to the original with a button like with challenges to "sim all".

There data collection shows the opposite. More people slide to max than people using any other option. Therefore defaulting to max is THE QoL

Where do you see their data collection info? Its more likely to increase crystal sales
  • Gannon
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    Let us click the bar where we want it again not just use the plus and minus to adjust

Yes, if you select an amount it'll stay that way till you change it or leave the screen.

Lol just Giving you some feedback that it still works for some, from what I seen You should definitely report it as a bug if yours isn't working tho
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options

Lol just Giving you some feedback that it still works for some, from what I seen You should definitely report it as a bug if yours isn't working tho

The things you say in the other threads contradict what you say here.
  • Scabmaggot
    62 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Put it back to the old setting and add a max sim button
  • Options
    Haruk wrote: »
    How about you just be more aware? I didn't screw up at all last night cuz I pay attention to what I'm doing.

Also, I feel like *vast* majority of players, *most* of whom do not post online, *want* to max sim all the time.

So, why can't you guys who want to max it out just be more aware? If you accidentally hit the button at a default of one, you haven't lost anything, you just do it again at max. When the default is max, people are going to be out a whole bunch of resources they didn't want to spend.
  • Options
    I hate this change! Nobody asked for it and it makes you spend energy you don't want to spend.

Either add a max sim button or allow each player to choose how they want the sim bar set for default.
  • Gannon
    1629 posts Member
    Options

The things you say in the other threads contradict what you say here.

How do you figure that? 👀 I'm always honest and a little blunt about it. Where am I contradicting?
  • Options
    Keep it at 3
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    RebelLion wrote: »
    How about you just be more aware? I didn't screw up at all last night cuz I pay attention to what I'm doing.

Also, I feel like *vast* majority of players, *most* of whom do not post online, *want* to max sim all the time.

So, why can't you guys who want to max it out just be more aware? If you accidentally hit the button at a default of one, you haven't lost anything, you just do it again at max. When the default is max, people are going to be out a whole bunch of resources they didn't want to spend.
    This. Defaulting to max is a poor UX choice.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

This. Defaulting to max is a poor UX choice.

Its whale catering. They dont cate about anything less
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Smidday wrote: »
    I find it annoying, i thought it was a glitch, I’m still farming badstilla and Juhani, so I spent all my energy on one by mistake

It's a problem for sure. Should be at least a default setting, the original of 1 was better for many.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I find it annoying, i thought it was a glitch, I’m still farming badstilla and Juhani, so I spent all my energy on one by mistake

It's a problem for sure. Should be at least a default setting, the original of 1 was better for many.

If you break it down to 3 groups, single, max and slider (somewhere inbetween), I would imagine the larger majority would be slider and max.
  • Options
    It's a problem, needs to be reverted, or for those wanting mass sims have a default.
  • Options
    As someone that 90% of the time does max I love it!
  • Options

Speaking common sense like this will get you burned at the stake around here.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

If you break it down to 3 groups, single, max and slider (somewhere inbetween), I would imagine the larger majority would be slider and max.

When you say “ majority “ do you mean the only data CG looks at? Do you have data on this it would really help the players out.
  • Mfish
    136 posts Member
    Options
    I don't like it. I've wasted energy. 3 years and I have heard a total of "0" people complain about the slider. Please, please, please pit this back to the way it was.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Just give us the option if we want it maxed, at one, or at three/four like most of it do it.

Simple. Everyone wins.
  • Options
    Why? Of all the **** that needs to be addressed in this game, they have to something like this that nobody asked for.

To screw people over. Plain and simple. And if, for some reason unknown to mankind, that wasn’t the reason, nobody will believe it because the EA/CG playerbase has major trust issues after all the goodwill shredding EA/CG has done. I’m looking at you, fraudulent GG rework promo video.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • H1n1
    2 posts Member
    Options
    make the setting sticky so that the people (like myself) who want it at 1 it sticks to 1 and for those weirdoes who want it at max, it sticks at max.
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    Options
    That's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid! Why the (fill the blank) change a default setting that is default since... forever?!?! Just add a stupid MAX button maybe?? Just wow...
  • Options
    People hated the squad management UI and the favourites thing when it came out(admittedly, i did too). But now i find it way more useful than before.

Give it two weeks devs, lets see how things go from there. I dont mind, but dont especially like this either.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just legit curious *why* you would ever hit a node at anything other than max, *unless* you are going to be spending a specific amount of energy(like on a cantina node, and you wanna use like half) at which point it doesn't matter where the slider is, as you need to move it anyways.

I've been playing this game for a few years now, and I can count on one hand the amount of times I have used the wrong amount of energy on a node.

Does it suck? Sure, of course. But, I chalk it up to lesson learned, and make sure next time I pay a little more attention to what I'm doing.
  • Options
    Scabmaggot wrote: »

This is probably the best solution. The other would be keep the default at max for shards, and at 1 for everything else.

• Options

This... Look at your screen when playing...
    Love the change.
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    Options
    I am really happy about this change. I sim max amounts 99% of time every day. Those times I need few pieces gear I can slide it down without problém.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

When you say “ majority “ do you mean the only data CG looks at? Do you have data on this it would really help the players out.

If they are trying to make a change for QoL, yes I would imagine they look for things that will benefit a majority of players. The majority in this case either see a benefit (people who do max more often than not) or still have to adjust the numbers (people who use the slider).

I said I would imagine, I didnt say we have the data, but when you look at the situation, the people who have the data seem to have concluded this based on something.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Scabmaggot wrote: »

This is perfect. Having a sim max button would decrease the amount of clicks even further.
    Save water, drink champagne!