Does anyone actually LIKE ships?

2Next

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Just wait until HMF event comes for the second time and it will completely kill variety in all ship shards!

It will be exactly what CG did to squad arena when Revan came around the second time.

Power creep doesn't kill the game. Power SPIKES, however, crush diversity, make previous investments (both in terms of resources and actual money) pointless and generally hurt player moral. Especially in a game you want people to engage in grinding for months at a time.

The recent shift from power creep to huge jumps is both frustrating for players (due to lack of diversity) and concerning for the long-term viability of the game.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I sure dont
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    I sure dont

100% totally fine....do you see any reason why people who love ships and spend money to fund the game on ships should have next to 0 PVE content to use and play with those ships we paid for ?????

Any reason ???

Not liking ships..... COOL

not liking ships and trying to deny the people who do content and the ability to play with the things they spent on....NOT COOL... (not saying YOU as in you are trying to deny anyone..but there are people who do)
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    I like the crystals, so yes

So, you like crystals, that does not mean you like ships.... I agree with a lot of people here who said the reason it's easier to get to top spots is because the pool of players competing in ships is much less.

Thanks everyone for the comments. It seems most of us overwhelmingly agree HT and HMF just ruined the event by removing all diversity creating a boring meta.

Honestly since Shuttle came out, a Vader/Shuttle combo makes swift Work of HT, Shuttle call- Special on Vader- Vader specials HT, Vader shoots HT, HT at near death with no tm and dots/buff immune.

Problem of course is the Falcon now, its the Falcon that really ruined things. HT was never really that bad. I used to beat it and come first all the time with Ahsoka's ship.

But all strats just went completely out the window when Falcon came out and ships became one meta team and nothing else. Making it totally boring.

Next time the Falcon comes out there will be no diversity in arena and EVERY single fight will be like Squad arena. Mirror matches from 200 to 1.

What we need are these:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/147667/tie-defender
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198403/krennics-shuttle

Ooooo those sound fun!

Edit: wait, I just said fun, guess I can't expect them in game :(
  • I don't mind ships, I just feel they need so much more. At minimum 2 more capital ships. A ships GW, a raid something. Yeah the ships battles were nice when they added them, but it was a one and done for me, and only sim them now.
  • Yes.
  • I'm not really a fan of ships, there's just too much rng involved, way more than in squad battles. I often find that I will fight a team and get steamrolled and then fight them again a few minutes later and the exact opposite thing happens. I'm all for more PVE ship content though, and I'd love to see a Death Star raid. But for me personally, having ships in GA makes me enjoy the event much less.