Darth Revan Targets Leader?

If you check in the newsletter, and if it is still there, there is some things about revan and some little things about his kit, such as he gains ferocity, something that lowers defense for offense, and also he puts on a new debuff called fear. Im thinking that this will either reduce damage or tenacity. The final thing that it also hints at is that he will counter leaders very well from what it said.

Do you think this will counter jedi revan effectively? Or will he just end up like grevious?
Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales

Replies

• I think this is why they reworked grievous, because if you notice grievous doesn't have the leader tag
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • I think fear might be a debuff that negates leader abilities on the toon thst is feared while doing something else
  • i guess thats why they mentioned badast being reworked as "fear" already exist in badstilla ability
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Edit: someone beat me to it
    Post edited by Bulldog1205 on
  • I think fear might be a debuff that negates leader abilities on the toon thst is feared while doing something else

I agree with this
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm very anxious to see his kit because unless Darth Revan can't be targeted or something before his first turn, I have a hard time imagining how he's going to live through getting marked by Jedi Revan off the cuff and dying instantly. My Jedi Revan is sporting 325 speed and that is before any of the bonuses from his leadership.

Darth Revan converting Defense into Offense isn't going to matter much if he can't live long enough to attack. Anyways, looking forward to the kit reveal. Really hoping it drops today and not less than 48 hours before the start of the event like Jedi Revan.

Edit:

For comparison, CLS kit reveal was 9 days before his event. Chewie reveal was about 4-5 days before his event (dropped on a Saturday I believe).

Jedi Revan was 48 hours before his event and they noted it is because they were still tweaking his final kit.

Today marks about 6 days before Darth Revan event. Would be awesome if they drop the kit tonight so we can drool over the weekend.
  • Strubz wrote: »
    I'm very anxious to see his kit because unless Darth Revan can't be targeted or something before his first turn, I have a hard time imagining how he's going to live through getting marked by Jedi Revan off the cuff and dying instantly. My Jedi Revan is sporting 325 speed and that is before any of the bonuses from his leadership.

Darth Revan converting Defense into Offense isn't going to matter much if he can't live long enough to attack. Anyways, looking forward to the kit reveal. Really hoping it drops today and not less than 48 hours before the start of the event like Jedi Revan.

Edit:

For comparison, CLS kit reveal was 9 days before his event. Chewie reveal was about 4-5 days before his event (dropped on a Saturday I believe).

Jedi Revan was 48 hours before his event and they noted it is because they were still tweaking his final kit.

Today marks about 6 days before Darth Revan event. Would be awesome if they drop the kit tonight so we can drool over the weekend.

The sooner the better.
  • Strubz wrote: »

Edit:

We don't know when the event itself will be, either. We just know it's #soon.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Strubz wrote: »

Edit:

We don't know when the event itself will be, either. We just know it's #soon.

The event, barring any setbacks, will launch on Thursday, March 21 at 3AM Eastern Time.

We know this based on when the packs expire.
  • Also since darth revan was predicted way earlier, will more people have him?
    Im exited to battle him with my revan.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Strubz wrote: »

Darth Revan converting Defense into Offense isn't going to matter much if he can't live long enough to attack.

I have no real basis for this, but for some reason I was expecting him to be JTR-ish - a non-taunting tank that can actually dish out major damage. Again, zero basis. Just seemed to make sense as something that could potentially work vs. JKR.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Maybe darth revan's kit kind of isolates the enemy leader from his team so that it counters JKR marking. Or fear-debuff lets the chars hitting someone random, not the marked enemy … something like this maybe :)
    I am german, therefore my english is not the best.
  • Ryanwhales wrote: »
    Also since darth revan was predicted way earlier, will more people have him?
    Im exited to battle him with my revan.

Predicted way earlier by whom? I was predicting Jedi Revan before Mission and Big Z even dropped.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Maybe darth revan's kit kind of isolates the enemy leader from his team so that it counters JKR marking. Or fear-debuff lets the chars hitting someone random, not the marked enemy … something like this maybe :)

The concern would be that DR's kit ends up being even more OP than JKRevan's. If he's a hard counter to JKR AND can decimate all other teams as well, the non-diversity issue in arena won't change. In fact, it will be worse - just with a different leader. Especially since everyone is talking about how much easier DR will be to obtain and how everyone is more prepared.

CG can't be that bad at game design...can they? :o

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Maybe darth revan's kit kind of isolates the enemy leader from his team so that it counters JKR marking. Or fear-debuff lets the chars hitting someone random, not the marked enemy … something like this maybe :)

If it works that way and you run him with Traya and Thrawn for Isolate & Fracture, I imagine you could shut down just about any team in existence.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Dinotank46 wrote: »
    I think this is why they reworked grievous, because if you notice grievous doesn't have the leader tag

Wow! Good catch, I wonder if GG might work then against Darth revan better.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • I hope so because I think when people heard about GG being reworked they farmed him up, and I was one of those people
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Sarbitar wrote: »
    GG doesn't have leader because it's a bug and It's been reported and confirmed as a bug.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Grievous-is-not-listed-as-Leader/td-p/7697689

It would be extremely inconsitent that he wouldn't get leader tag solely not to interact with DR.

Good point.