Is it just me or do the sim rewards suck?

My guild averages about 10 players who solo the pit regularly. I'm one of them.

Just looking at the guild tokens, the average for active players is 960. Simming it pays out 830. So that's 130 fewer guild tokens per raid.

Say you do three raids per week (rough estimate), that's 20,280 fewer guild tokens over the course of a year. Which works out to a little over five fewer Mk V stun guns that you can buy.

That's on top of the prize box top ten players are losing in the sim. Gear for those players will be cut in half.

This creates a situation that benefits the lower 35 players who either don't have time or just couldn't be bothered to put in the effort to do the raid regularly at the expense of the more active players trying to build their rosters.

If you put it to a vote, the top ten is going to lose to the bottom 35 every time. This sems like an unintended consequence that the developers didn't fully think through.

I think a better solution would be to make sim rewards the average of top ten rewards. Or roughtly fourth or fifth place rewards.

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Can't buy stun guns with Guild Currency, but I get what you're saying.

You earn less rewards because you're not actually doing the raid. Makes sense to me. The trade-off is you get 10+ minutes of your life back depending on team and guild rules.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Again: it's the price you pay for not actually doing the game mode. Save yourself time, effort, setting an alarm to remember to log in to actually do the raid, etc.

All of that is gone and you simply log in and collect a reward for literally doing nothing.

You should earn slightly less.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    It's in the Guild Event store, but not the regular Guild store.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Yup, simming the raid is useless, we are just doing the raids like normal. Waste of man power to include this feature with such lower rewards.
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    Rewards are better for the guild as a whole. A lot more shards, 186 to 500 (2,790 shard shop currency to 7,500) and more guild store currency, 38,050 to 41,500. You do lose out on credits though, 16.39m to 15m. All per raid numbers. The gain in currency that can get you gear is worth it, IMO. I also like that 35 people will get a better prize box. You also don’t have to waste the time to actually run it anymore, as @Vendi1983 said. Now if they’d just make it so that you don’t even have to join, that would be perfect.
  • Our guild is voting on it and I think we are still going to do the Rancor manually.

Simming punishes people who play the raids and helps the people who haven’t posted any damage in years. We’ll just do the 10 minute auto.