Outage Compensation [MERGE]

Replies

• Strubz wrote: »
    Maredream wrote: »
    Strubz wrote: »
    he claims it was my mistake :)

For clarify, did both your arena and ship arena payouts occur during the server downtime? If so, that really stinks and they should comp you something.

yes and i even missed the bonus energy packs. Luckily i moved to 1 before the crash in arena

If you moved to 1 prior to the server downtime, did you still receive your arena rewards when you logged back in?

yes but missed ships and bonus energy. The servers went down about 30 mins prior to my arena payout and came back after around 3 hours.
  • and honestly i am more annoyed with the way I am treated than my ship payout rewards ....
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

That doesn't even cover a quarter of the losses for *a small percentage of* people that missed payouts as a result..

FTFY.

Yeah, there are a few folks who would have netted better results if that had actually been able to play to payout. No doubt. But how are they to recompense based on what might have (but didn't) happen.

Say I'm sitting at 35 in squad. I miss my climb window. Am I to expect them to reimburse me as if I got 5? I could have made it. What about 1? With a refresh I certainly could have reached that. How are they to decide what you "COULD" have done? And that's just taking into account what is technically possible if I win all my matches. Never mind whether or not I actually could.

If they went by these forum posts, they'd have to give everyone 1st/1st results.

They should just give everyone 500 crystals, like they used to. They know that basically everyone couldn't get in, whether they missed payouts or not. I was just using those as the example. 200 crystals for them (that some people are being denied anyway) is still a net loss. Plus the people that missed bonus energy because of it.

It's just a really poor way to handle it, especially considering how they used to handle it.
  • I posted in our guild chat that we had chewie shards incoming. We all laughed. Apparently even that was too much.
  • I missed both my arena payouts, couldn't fight my way up, I definitely lost crystals :( And the game is still down for me.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    alikssepia wrote: »
    I missed both my arena payouts, couldn't fight my way up, I definitely lost crystals :( And the game is still down for me.

Oh well. Good luck with support! Next time try playing a game with better customer support.
  • Where do I go to fill out the support ticket? I missed out on my bonus energy so I would like to get something back.
  • All you can do is remember this moment the next time you start to spend money on this game. I’ve only been playing for about 15 moths, and the increased FU attitude of CG has grown so much during that time.

Contact Disney. Few people are happy with how EA is handling the SW gaming license, and the only way to change things is to get Disney to reevaluate the relationship with EA.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    and honestly i am more annoyed with the way I am treated than my ship payout rewards ....

I get that, I do. I once lost 500 crystals when I kept trying to buy an arena refresh and it wasn't working for some reason. There was a slight server hiccup and in the end it ate 500 crystals for the number of times I pressed on the buy refresh button. I was extremely angry and that anger reflected in my initial ticket with EA support. They offered me 20 crystals.

Once I calmed down, I tried support again, much calmer, explained the situation, and eventually was refunded the crystals.

Also keep in mind EA support is probably being absolutely bombarded right now by even angrier people who were stuck at way lower ranks and could potentially have missed out on 600+ crystals. Maybe try support again later or try the phone support instead.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Where do I go to fill out the support ticket? I missed out on my bonus energy so I would like to get something back.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=star-wars-galaxy-heroes

Good luck though. I've been trying to create a ticket for about half an hour.
  • jurian
    52 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    So it seems they become more brutal and arrogant by the day at capital games studio

I could not play my squad arena for 2/3 hours and missed 400 crystals since i could not play to get to 1th.

they compensate for just 200 crystals. Is this a joke???

• Garbage!
    And the attempt to create a support ticket fails!!!
  • Jalila
    12 posts Member
    How can you guys even CONTACT customer support?

I've written them a mail describing an issue, tried to open a live chat without success.
    The EA/My Cases says 'you have no cases with us'.
    Thats just great, really.

The ~4h downtime hit 100% of my two arena payouts.
  • Agree, ridiculous
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Jalila wrote: »
    How can you guys even CONTACT customer support?

I've written them a mail describing an issue, tried to open a live chat without success.
    The EA/My Cases says 'you have no cases with us'.
    Thats just great, really.

The ~4h downtime hit 100% of my two arena payouts.

Good question. I've been trying to create a ticket for over half an hour to no avail.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    the pb start around 3:30PM and finish at around 6:30PM so it's 3hours...
    If we are not in panic farm forDarth Revan, 200 cristals doesn't compensate time left ...
  • No compensation at all for me
  • LordDunbar
    477 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I spent $300 in hopes of getting Darth revan, but because of the outage i miss my refreshes and if set me back. But now can't even get the 200 in crystals we are promised? This is unacceptable.

I will be reversing the charges from Google for my old republic purchases.

Just absolutely disgraceful. CG and EA are very low energy.

Sad.

• Can’t even get a support response.
  • 200 crystals is not reasonable enough given the scope and duration of the problem.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Can't get in to chat either. I'll just put my 1* review back in and remember this the next time I'm thinking of spending.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Where do I go to fill out the support ticket? I missed out on my bonus energy so I would like to get something back.

FYI this customer support option is for US/CA players only
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

FYI this customer support option is for US/CA players only

Ah, sorry. Don't know how to get to the others.

Not that it will help. I know several people (aside from the one that posted on this forum) that are being told they aren't allowed to give out compensation for this.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    No compensation at all for me

It will come be cool

• StarSon wrote: »

They should just give everyone 500 crystals, like they used to. They know that basically everyone couldn't get in, whether they missed payouts or not. I was just using those as the example. 200 crystals for them (that some people are being denied anyway) is still a net loss. Plus the people that missed bonus energy because of it.

It's just a really poor way to handle it, especially considering how they used to handle it.

That's fair. And for those that missed payouts, whether 10 crystals or 1000 crystals, I hope they get some form of restitution. I missed bonus energy, but eh.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • So they simply said dont bother all you can get will be 200 gems if you are lucky and patient enough.

I am suprised really. That wasnt the way they treat us or handle situations like this in the past.
  • Zagrey
    54 posts Member
    mqdbrxeh9ovr.png

not only i didnt get my crystals, now i have to climbto save refreshes tomorrow
  • CAM24
    44 posts Member
    So I miss out on both payouts which is 400+ crystals down and they want to investigate whether I’m worth a measly 200 crystals compensation. Shove it, and their old republic toon packs too!
  • I’m sorry but CG is nothing but a joke anymore. 200 crystals for 4 hours of downtime and you will most likely give up trying to collect those 200 crystals because the support staff is even worse.