Outage Compensation [MERGE]

Replies

• Vendi1983 wrote: »
    From the actual Dev Post about the server issue:

"The team will investigate and compensate you up [ to ] 200 crystals."

The "to" was missing in their post so I fixed it.

Anyone who says they received more than 200 either had a really gullible CS representative or they're selling "Fake News!"
    fizwogib91bz.png

Deffinitely got more than 200

Hey I had Abhishek too and I got 300. Maybe he didn't read the memo right.... :#
  • keknoby wrote: »
    disney and EA are not known for theyr charity...
    swgoh generates half a million $ every day, they won't offer a thing to the gamers that can be selled to them...
    that's the only real point to remember :* money rules

I'm gonna have to imagine you've never actually been to any disney park
  • .... I got 500 I’m not gonna leave his name because clearly he/she, is a real bro. My complaint was filled with jokes so I’m guessing whoever read it thought it was funny and was sick of whining or tantrums lol.hf0uwodfv62g.png
  • To be fair I also said it wasn’t a big deal and I didn’t ask for crystals just said it was lame getting less... but again A REAL BRO
  • Still no crystals...days later...ugh
  • Isn't it remarkable. EA still haven't realized their terrible outsourced helldesk can't tell their seat area from their elbows. I'm not sure what's worse, the inconsistent compensation or the fact that I would have to waste my time contacting them repeatedly in order to get it. After dealing with customer support before, I decided not to go looking for compensation, even though it cost me at least 200 crystals in arena, 100 in fleet arena and 150 buying energy to replace lost bonus energy. If I did claim, I'd be looking for 450 minimum for loss in game, then another 1000 as compensation for putting up with customer support. I'd rather avoid the headache and take the loss.
  • GuanIsHere wrote: »
    Isn't it remarkable. EA still haven't realized their terrible outsourced helldesk can't tell their seat area from their elbows. I'm not sure what's worse, the inconsistent compensation or the fact that I would have to waste my time contacting them repeatedly in order to get it. After dealing with customer support before, I decided not to go looking for compensation, even though it cost me at least 200 crystals in arena, 100 in fleet arena and 150 buying energy to replace lost bonus energy. If I did claim, I'd be looking for 450 minimum for loss in game, then another 1000 as compensation for putting up with customer support. I'd rather avoid the headache and take the loss.

Help desk did not create this issue.... blame the overpaid community manager and the ones who decided to not compensate the whole community.

Any crystal loss you claim to have suffered is all your fault if you did not attempt to contact their support...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    GuanIsHere wrote: »
    Isn't it remarkable. EA still haven't realized their terrible outsourced helldesk can't tell their seat area from their elbows. I'm not sure what's worse, the inconsistent compensation or the fact that I would have to waste my time contacting them repeatedly in order to get it. After dealing with customer support before, I decided not to go looking for compensation, even though it cost me at least 200 crystals in arena, 100 in fleet arena and 150 buying energy to replace lost bonus energy. If I did claim, I'd be looking for 450 minimum for loss in game, then another 1000 as compensation for putting up with customer support. I'd rather avoid the headache and take the loss.

Help desk did not create this issue.... blame the overpaid community manager and the ones who decided to not compensate the whole community.

QFT
  • If they gave it to the whole community it would be a gift, not compensation, because the "whole community" didn't suffer any harm.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    If they gave it to the whole community it would be a gift, not compensation, because the "whole community" didn't suffer any harm.

Sure they did. I could log in but much of my guild could not. Therefore my guild mates couldn’t grow their roster, level their toons, and contribute to the guild. Everyone was affected by this terrible tragedy that will forever be known as The March 2019 Downtime.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    If they gave it to the whole community it would be a gift, not compensation, because the "whole community" didn't suffer any harm.

You already said that. And like I already pointed out, all it would take is a quick database query or three to find out who was affected and compensate them automatically. It's a really cheap move to make customers beg and plead for their compensation, only to be turned down in some cases.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    contacted customer support and even sent a screenshot of what crumb said about compensation and was told i should restart my device and if that doesnt work try a factory reset of it as that is what caused the issue. and no they will not compensate me for my device being faulty.....
    even though it was a server outage and crumb admitted it was as erver outage in the screenshot i sent them.
    they are a joke and i guess every post in this thread will be swept under the carpet the same as all the other multi post threads that just fade away and die without any comments from crumb / carrie or any other dev

Update.. I have now contacted them 5 different times, spoke to 6 different people (1 of them transfered me to "someone who could help better) who was even more useless than the original person i spoke to, and according to them if i reset my device to factory settings the game will work.............
    They are not even reading what i have typed or hear what im trying to tell them, this has to be the worst ever customer services i have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.
    1 of them never even knew who crumb was and tried to tell me it was someone trolling in the forums as the community manager + devs would not be on public forums and certainly would not tell anyone who lost out to claim compensation!!
  • jurian
    52 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    So a couple off days ago we could not log on swgoh for approx 3/4 hours since their were technical issues . Fair enough, it happens.....

Since i could not play my arena's, i had to spend crystals (forced due i had no time left to climb) and i also missed my arena-rewards ( in my case 500 crystals 1th ranking), Many others had same issues, for example my guildmate. CG offered us all 200 crystals for compensation as CG Crumb mentionted in off his posts, (and offcourse thats not reasonable since many off us missed their top spot arena rewards.)

So, i went to ea support chat, made a case and told the friendly customersupport-guy 200 crystals wont cover my losses. He could not do anything about it then just give the 200... so i had to accept it.

vcdbeosaff0y.jpg

81j9408u3v1g.jpg

However.....

My guildmate (and many others) run into exactly same problems due their arena's (as i mentioned before), and offcourse they also contacted EA customer support service for compensation.

(screenshots below is from my guildmate)

cgrme7prf02w.jpg

6gnlpef8uw2p.jpg

95lr3n1jt1jf.jpg

So the big question is, How is it possible that some players get 500 crystals and others get 200 crystals for compensation?? We all had the same problem but so it seems the sollutions are definitely not the same and vary per player and who you are talking to when contacting EA support.

@CG_SBCrumb or anybody else from the CG studio; You might wanna take a good look at this, I think we all deserve same treatment when we run into same problems.

Post edited by jurian on
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    I've seen some get 300 as well. Crumb's initial post did say "up to" 200 crystals, implying each case could be different.
  • Comparison of purchases and better rewards for the payer perhaps.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • jurian
    52 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    I've seen some get 300 as well. Crumb's initial post did say "up to" 200 crystals, implying each case could be different.

Well, in that case i should be getting 500 aswell, my case is exactly same as my guildmate (and prob many others)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Yes, what you get from customer support greatly depends on the person you interact with. They are the one who makes the call in the end, and I am a bit sceptical about their knowledge of the game...
  • jurian
    52 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Yes, what you get from customer support greatly depends on the person you interact with. They are the one who makes the call in the end, and I am a bit sceptical about their knowledge of the game...

Okay, well if that is the case we all should ask to speak Rajad. B when we contact EA/CG supportservice since he can compensate for other amounts off crystals then some of his collegues...

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    jurian wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Okay, well if that is the case we all should ask to speak Rajad. B when we contact EA/CG supportservice since he can compensate for other amounts off crystals then some of his collegues...

It seems he doesn't follow the rules and gives crystals as he wants. Rajad the Rebel!
  • You did all that on a Friday afternoon?
  • To add to this, I tried to log a ticket and no one responded. I left a chat window open for 45 minutes at work and no one responded. I finally just gave up, and have heard this echoed from guild/shard mates. So some people got 200, some people got 300, some people got 500, and some people got ignored! Miss the old days when they had server issues and just sent out blanket compensation and didn't make us waste an hour or more trying to get some attention. If you have server-wide issues, you should send server-wide compensation imo. #starwarsproblems
  • Initially I got 200, my guild mates who could be bothered to send reports got either 200, 300 or 500.
    Some guild mates who didn't get 500 reported that they got less than others and then got 100-200 more. I did the same thing and got an email saying I'd get another 100; but ended up with 200 in my inbox.
    Greed was not my intention but I don't like the idea of anyone being treated unfairly...
    In my opinion it would have been easier and less stressful for EA/CG if they just sent out a set amount of crystals to everyone like usual. However that then raises the argument of: the players who were seriously affected basically wouldn't receive compensation if it's sent to all players anyway.

What a mess. How do you win?

P.S. The support from the team is greatly appreciated.
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    The next time you want to spend money, just remember that this is how they treat you.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Meh it happens, and they'll likely pull this post too just to stop it gaining traction.

Each customer advisor will have a redress limit they can play about with when offering comp. Some like Rajad above might give 500, others 200. Happens in every industry. I could offer someone $50 dollars for a complaint, and then the next person $75 for the exact same one. All I need to say, as someone above pointed out , it's a 'case by case' basis

I'm not saying this is right - but it does highlight that the best approach for this is to compensate everyone the same rather than asking people to log tickets. At the end of the day it's virtual currency and costs nothing to issue
  • jurian
    52 posts Member
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »

P.S. The support from the team is greatly appreciated.

Yes, but unfortunately there is a big gap between CG studio and EA support.....
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Well we know 2 people that WON'T ever be chiming in on this thread....
  • Thin_Liz_217
    24 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Meh it happens, and they'll likely pull this post too just to stop it gaining traction.

Each customer advisor will have a redress limit they can play about with when offering comp. Some like Rajad above might give 500, others 200. Happens in every industry. I could offer someone $50 dollars for a complaint, and then the next person $75 for the exact same one. All I need to say, as someone above pointed out , it's a 'case by case' basis

I'm not saying this is right - but it does highlight that the best approach for this is to compensate everyone the same rather than asking people to log tickets. At the end of the day it's virtual currency and costs nothing to issue

Not disagreeing with anything you said - just pointing out that this is not going away and I have not seen the devs address the backlash.

Just the portion of the community that is apologizing for them. Maybe I missed a Carrie or Crumb response to this topic, or maybe it’s being ignored. If it is being ignored, that’s their prerogative, just am not sure.

Again, this is not to say they didn’t address the outage. Just the backlash to the help ticket requirement and inconsistent comp.

• CG handled the outage completely wrong. They should have given everyone the same in game compensation and never told anyone to ask customer support for crystals.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    CG handled the outage completely wrong. They should have given everyone the same in game compensation and never told anyone to ask customer support for crystals.

Micheal : "Fredo, you should have given compensation to everyone, saved supports time, encouraged good will, show the people you care about the player base and are not inept"

Fredo : " I ain'ta stoopid Micheal....I'm sMURT" "I'm ur beeg brother Micheecel"