Outage Compensation [MERGE]

12345679Next

Replies

• Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Meh it happens, and they'll likely pull this post too just to stop it gaining traction.

Each customer advisor will have a redress limit they can play about with when offering comp. Some like Rajad above might give 500, others 200. Happens in every industry. I could offer someone $50 dollars for a complaint, and then the next person $75 for the exact same one. All I need to say, as someone above pointed out , it's a 'case by case' basis

I'm not saying this is right - but it does highlight that the best approach for this is to compensate everyone the same rather than asking people to log tickets. At the end of the day it's virtual currency and costs nothing to issue

Not disagreeing with anything you said - just pointing out that this is not going away and I have not seen the devs address the backlash.

Just the portion of the community that is apologizing for them. Maybe I missed a Carrie or Crumb response to this topic, or maybe it’s being ignored. If it is being ignored, that’s their prerogative, just am not sure.

Again, this is not to say they didn’t address the outage. Just the backlash to the help ticket requirement and inconsistent comp.

That's why I said they'll likely pull this post. Easier to sweep under the carpet than fix it sadly (I also think the post in general breaches forum ToS)
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    CG handled the outage completely wrong. They should have given everyone the same in game compensation and never told anyone to ask customer support for crystals.

Scenario:
    Player A - impacted by the outage, and missed his typical #1 Arena places, and ended up getting the top 20 arena rewards and top 50 fleet awards instead. Total loss = 650 crystals.
    Player B - Lost nothing.

If both players receive a "compensation" of 500 crystals for the outage, then Player A is still down 150c from where he would have been, and Player B is 500c ahead of where he would have been. So, Player A would STILL be agitated because he "lost ground" to other players who weren't negatively impacted.

The only way to make it equitable is to compensate all players based on how they were impacted - if they missed energy refreshes, give them crystals to purchase that much energy. If their arena payouts were impacted, I'd look at their typical placement, and award them the difference.

The issue with that is that it's very time-consuming. EA might not have the resources in customer support to compensate every single player impacted, so by requiring a support ticket, they can gate it a bit and try to help out the most. I wouldn't have "capped" the crystals if it were my policy - I would have had the players indicate how they were impacted, and see how many crystals are a fair compensation, whether it's 50c or 1,000.

But that's just me.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    CG handled the outage completely wrong. They should have given everyone the same in game compensation and never told anyone to ask customer support for crystals.

Scenario:
    Player A - impacted by the outage, and missed his typical #1 Arena places, and ended up getting the top 20 arena rewards and top 50 fleet awards instead. Total loss = 650 crystals.
    Player B - Lost nothing.

If both players receive a "compensation" of 500 crystals for the outage, then Player A is still down 150c from where he would have been, and Player B is 500c ahead of where he would have been. So, Player A would STILL be agitated because he "lost ground" to other players who weren't negatively impacted.

The only way to make it equitable is to compensate all players based on how they were impacted - if they missed energy refreshes, give them crystals to purchase that much energy. If their arena payouts were impacted, I'd look at their typical placement, and award them the difference.

The issue with that is that it's very time-consuming. EA might not have the resources in customer support to compensate every single player impacted, so by requiring a support ticket, they can gate it a bit and try to help out the most. I wouldn't have "capped" the crystals if it were my policy - I would have had the players indicate how they were impacted, and see how many crystals are a fair compensation, whether it's 50c or 1,000.

But that's just me.

Scenario C: They just ignore your issue and don't respond to your ticket and hope/assume you will just pretend nothing happened and move on.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Jpfit262 wrote: »

Scenario C: They just ignore your issue and don't respond to your ticket and hope/assume you will just pretend nothing happened and move on.

And the "relative" positions of both players would be exactly the same as if they gave everyone equal compensation...
  • The only thing that CG does consistently is being inconsistent. Some days we have a very short outage and everyone gets compensated. Next time, several hour outage and they want you to submit a ticket, follow up with a call then wait and wonder.
  • Was pretty terrible today too, alot like when they first released tw
    Unplayable
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Jpfit262 wrote: »

And the "relative" positions of both players would be exactly the same as if they gave everyone equal compensation...

Scenario D : They should have made an investigation to find out who missed what. I know that would be an awful lot of work, but they ****ed up. But no, they tell 'everyone' to get in touch with the notoriously awful EA customer service. It's 'everyone' because they exactly know that only a small percentage of people read this forum, and that there were already numerous complaints about the customer service, so they could reasonably hope that many of those who read about the compensation won't even try to contact support, 'coz they don't expect a real solution. Really cheap move... again.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Spang wrote: »
    Scenario D : They should have made an investigation to find out who missed what. I know that would be an awful lot of work, but they ****ed up. But no, they tell 'everyone' to get in touch with the notoriously awful EA customer service. It's 'everyone' because they exactly know that only a small percentage of people read this forum, and that there were already numerous complaints about the customer service, so they could reasonably hope that many of those who read about the compensation won't even try to contact support, 'coz they don't expect a real solution. Really cheap move... again.

I don't disagree. I'm just pointing out that there are issues with blanket compensations for the sake of the discussion. I really would have liked some free crystals. But I've seen the forums blow up with angry players who were impacted by outages, got free crystals, and were still aggravated that players who weren't impacted got the same amount.

It's hard to make everyone happy.
  • So do we report a ticket saying CG ignored our ticket? When does it end? I know, when we all log in at 1 time and crash the servers. Then we do it every day until they pay attention.
  • Why should I have to submit a support ticket? You already have my info from when this was impacting me from the AnswersHQ post from the outtage. You asked for IDs, were given mine, so you already know I was effected.

What is this horse pucky that I now have to submit a support ticket as well? This was your screw up.