Not a big deal but fix this please

When going into fleet store omegas and purple mats rotate in the first slot. I don't see a reason why this should be a thing honestly. I would much rather them both up there at all times. I know it's not a big deal but I'm sure it's a quick and easy fix that should get done.

Replies

• Options
    How often do you buy the purple mats?
  • Options
    How often do you buy the purple mats?

Never, but some will argue that new players may need them. I want omegas to be there always, so having them both is the only way to satisfy everyone
  • Options
    Ok. And the devs have a track record of arranging things to satisfy everyone?

You surely can’t buy more than 6 omegas a week. Not sure why they need to be there every single refresh for that rate of purchase.
  • Options
    Ok. And the devs have a track record of arranging things to satisfy everyone?

You surely can’t buy more than 6 omegas a week. Not sure why they need to be there every single refresh for that rate of purchase.

Actually those who stockpile tokens can buy as many as they want. I don't see a reason why we can't have a slot for each of them.
  • Options
    This logic should therefore apply to all rotational slots in all stores, shouldn’t it?
  • Options
    This logic should therefore apply to all rotational slots in all stores, shouldn’t it?

Not really, for a couple reasons:

1. Some stores have too many items that they would be come too crowded and chaotic if everything had to be in display at all times.
    2. There is a financial incentive for the devs, although I disagree with it, they believe that they will occasionally make impatient people, or very rich people for that matter, spend some refreshes to instantly find what they are looking for.
  • Options
    So why should omegas be any different?
  • Options

Dude I'ma not gonna waste my time explaining to you why this case is different. You're gonna keep doing this for no reason
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sure this change will make the playerbase happy, lol.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I can't think of any other change I'd care about less than this one. If they make this change and say, "we didn't make change X because we spent the time on separating omegas and mk III materials in the fleet shop" I'll be annoyed.
  • Options

Dude I'ma not gonna waste my time explaining to you why this case is different. You're gonna keep doing this for no reason
    I have a reason, I’m happy to provide mine even if you’re not prepared to provide yours.

Many shops contain “rotational” slots, as the conspiracy theory threads about logray and others in general discussion will attest. Part of the challenge of the game is using resources in such a way that you are able to pick up these shards / gear pieces when they show up. I cannot conceive of why omegas and purple mats should be exempt from the rotational nature of their slot in the ship store.

As I’ve asked, why should omegas be permanently there? They are a resource you get a guaranteed 7 of every week from your dailies, conservatively 3 more a week from ship challenges, 1 a week from GW, 1 a month from daily login, and probably around 6 a month from assault battles top tier rewards. That’s in the region of 50 omegas you’re getting for free every month.

I do know that omegas become a pinch point, but I refuse to believe that having them permanently purchasable in the ship shop is going to make any difference to anybody.

And if you’re hoarding ship currency to go on an omega splurge, you’ll be one of a select bunch doing that, I’m sure.
  • Options

I have a reason, I’m happy to provide mine even if you’re not prepared to provide yours.

Many shops contain “rotational” slots, as the conspiracy theory threads about logray and others in general discussion will attest. Part of the challenge of the game is using resources in such a way that you are able to pick up these shards / gear pieces when they show up. I cannot conceive of why omegas and purple mats should be exempt from the rotational nature of their slot in the ship store.

As I’ve asked, why should omegas be permanently there? They are a resource you get a guaranteed 7 of every week from your dailies, conservatively 3 more a week from ship challenges, 1 a week from GW, 1 a month from daily login, and probably around 6 a month from assault battles top tier rewards. That’s in the region of 50 omegas you’re getting for free every month.

I do know that omegas become a pinch point, but I refuse to believe that having them permanently purchasable in the ship shop is going to make any difference to anybody.

And if you’re hoarding ship currency to go on an omega splurge, you’ll be one of a select bunch doing that, I’m sure.

I never said it makes a difference, just because they will show up all the time instead of rotate it means nothing when it comes to how many you can get. The thing is it's just annoying when you wanna purchase one and you must wait a few hours for the store to reset
  • Options
    Ok.

I don’t think you’ve made a strong enough case, but I suppose it isn’t up to me.
  • Options
    Ok.

I don’t think you’ve made a strong enough case, but I suppose it isn’t up to me.

It's just a QoL change that would only take a small effort
  • Options
    Ok.

It's just a QoL change that would only take a small effort
    So make all rotational slots permanently available. QoL change that would only take a small effort.