Screwed by ship shard

I'm in one of the ship shards that were split due to how massively overpopulated it was. It is still ridiculously overpopulated in comparison to ship shards of people who started the same time I did. This puts those of us in this shard at a massive disadvantage and makes it so that its not even worth competeing.
It sucks because I feel like I'm missing out on an entire game mode because it cmqould cost more to try to comete than I could earn from it even if I had the top meta team. CG really has to take a look at this shard again because the people in it are really getting short changed and have been since fleet arena was added.

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Having a 'meta team' doesn't mean you're top tier automatically. To be true your ships are not even close to be top notch. Your starting lineup only has two 84% and one 87% maxed out ships while only two of your reinforcements even hit the 90%+ edge.
    That has nothing to do with overpopulation, you're just not good enough for top 50 and above. Don't be fooled from your first place in character arena with your fancy Revan team, that's just misleading and doesn't mean you're high end in every part of the game.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If this is your profile:

https://swgoh.gg/p/242327576/ships/

... then yes, you have some impressive ships and crew members, but it also seems that didn't fully transition to the new META yet. Your capital ship lacks speed, which will severely hurt you. And where is (are) your U-wing (s)? And why are you still using Slave 1 as reinforcement?
  • Options
    The whole point of the post is that I haven't geared ships because the shard is so ridiculous that it's not worth the investment. Even after fully investing zetas, gear, 6dot mods etc. I'd be fighting for maybe top 25ish. As is my team gets pushed back to the 200s.
    Ive seen leader boards of shards of people who satred around the same time and its not even close to the same level of competition.
    The point is that people in my shard and the other shard that split are getting screwed and have been since ships launched and it kind of sucks.
    I'm not aguring that my current ships should be able to place highly, what im saying is my shard puts everyone in it at a disadvantage compared to the rest of the community.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    Yet your the only one on your new adjusted shard that’s complaining.. gear your pilots, sort your ships out and then see, if your dropping like a stone and you have a meta fleet, then moan..
  • Options
    Feel like I'm in the same boat, I've got 4.1M GP, rank around 50 in squad arena and around 80 in fleet... I don't have the falcon but is that the entire problem?
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Yet your the only one on your new adjusted shard that’s complaining.. gear your pilots, sort your ships out and then see, if your dropping like a stone and you have a meta fleet, then moan..

The thing is I don't have to gear my ship squad to know the result because I can just look at what happens to the people in my shard.
    Again, I'm not complaining about not being able to place high with my current squad, my issue is that my shard is disproportionately overpopulated with active high end players.
  • Nidza
    2 posts Member
    Options
    Same here, my shard got split and is still totally overpopulated with high end whales. It’s like they split it into top500 and low500. I fall from top20 to almost 100 but this is not the problem. when I climb it’s like every second fight a player hits you back. On top of that the top 20 is in a chat and hit each other only at their po so they Never Fall out of top20. It’s ridiculous, what am I supposed to do? climb each fight with a refresh? These overpopulated whale shards needs to be fixed! Spread players across all shards or split it two more Times and get rid of these organized top20 arrangements