Direction of SWGOH?

In all seriousness, what direction is this game going? There’s more complains than there are positives, the QoL this patch hasn’t been to sucessful and do with some tweaking, everyones raving about the Kotor Meta (longest held meta with the highest dominance), every character release is now a Marquees character with little to no meaning of importance (like how vader, Maul require 80 shards to start ranking) none of the stores are being updated with new characters (i believe the last character to fit in would of been Han from Solo Story), speaking on store the Arena store for most players is completed and is now just a credit farm. Everything now released is purely down to cash grabbing.

I remember when they announced a QoL about when they release characters, they’ll add them to nodes (which they did to nodes). It feels like they’re forgetting the core aspects of the game.

Lets look at the forums, 2 forums? One here and one on reddit? What in earth are you doing with that? Normally when a game has 2 forums 1 is fan made and the other being dev made respectably.

They took out their most regular income, 6.99 a month was reasonable and i for one would pay that to support a growing game i disagree with micro transactions, always have and will never pay them but they’re so focused on them is it really working out well for you?

The value of the community? I feel like that ship saled many years ago. Surely this needs to be changed?

The list goes on...

Replies

• @Kyno again... whats with my post being moved?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is this not feedback about the game?
  • I disagree with a few of your points, but I kind of agree with your overall message, the direction the game is going in has me concerned that it's becoming too stale and formulaic.

Some recent things by the Devs are reassuring to see though - I liked the galactic chase events and GA has breathed a bit of new life into individual PvP (matchmaking limitations notwithstanding).

To address some of your points directly:

Stores - most players by this point have such a supply of store materials that a character released to any store other than guild or guild event would be maxed by everyone immediately. I don't see any new toons being added. it would be nice to see older generic toons like resistance trooper, sith assassin etc added just to speed up progression for newer players. At the moment it seems someone starting now would have to spend years just farming the core teams.

QoL - I think this update has been great, it's included many things the player base has been asking for for a while.

Microtransactions - I agree this is Satan's business model. However, you say 'is it really working out well for you?' and the answer is phenomenally yes. This game makes bare bank.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Is this not feedback about the game?

No, this is me questioning where this game is going, it does state that quite clearly.