Please make Darth Revan extremely hard to get

191011121315Next

Replies

• The reason why he should be hard is multiple reasons. We don’t want another good team to be covering the top 50. It’s just a JKR repeat.

Everyone typically has enough mods to make a really good team. So while mod depth can be an issue, transferring mods to Darth Revan from Jedi Revan will hardly see a massive difference in arena.

The only saving grace for those that worked hard to get Darth Revan is the other three Sith Empire may take a bit to farm. But even F2P can build them up in less than a month if they focuse and we will still be handcuffed with everyone in top 50 having them, plus when they come back out we will be right back at square one.

And yet as long as DR is invincible to anyone other than another DR, this is exactly what you'll get. CG/EA needs to stop with the swiss army knife approach and go back to making different tools for different applications.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • The reason why he should be hard is multiple reasons. We don’t want another good team to be covering the top 50. It’s just a JKR repeat.

Everyone typically has enough mods to make a really good team. So while mod depth can be an issue, transferring mods to Darth Revan from Jedi Revan will hardly see a massive difference in arena.

The only saving grace for those that worked hard to get Darth Revan is the other three Sith Empire may take a bit to farm. But even F2P can build them up in less than a month if they focuse and we will still be handcuffed with everyone in top 50 having them, plus when they come back out we will be right back at square one.

And yet as long as DR is invincible to anyone other than another DR, this is exactly what you'll get. CG/EA needs to stop with the swiss army knife approach and go back to making different tools for different applications.

Like what? I have been playing for 2.5 years and it's been pretty much this way that entire team...Zaul, DN/Sith, CLS, JTR, Traya, JKR, and now DR.
  • There's always going to be a most efficient tactic available (meta), yes. But I seem to recall a window (albeit a small one) where there were 4 or 5 teams floating around in the top 50 or so. JTR, CLS, Triumverate, Bastilla led Jedi, Nightsisters, perhaps even some Nightmare teams. Some were better against others, but it wasn't until the second coming of Revan that everyone else was forcibly removed. And if DN continues the trend of "be-anti-everything", then you will just trade JKR for DR and we'll see 90% DR in 3 months.

I don't want that, and I can't believe that even the most ardent DR fan wants that either.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • There's always going to be a most efficient tactic available (meta), yes. But I seem to recall a window (albeit a small one) where there were 4 or 5 teams floating around in the top 50 or so. JTR, CLS, Triumverate, Bastilla led Jedi, Nightsisters, perhaps even some Nightmare teams. Some were better against others, but it wasn't until the second coming of Revan that everyone else was forcibly removed. And if DN continues the trend of "be-anti-everything", then you will just trade JKR for DR and we'll see 90% DR in 3 months.

I don't want that, and I can't believe that even the most ardent DR fan wants that either.

Traya was pretty dominant until JKR came in...there were a few others but still like 40 of the top 50 were trio.

This was a brief hiccup while the Traya early adopters were still five star. Once she reached seven, most shards converted almost exclusively to her. We forget just how dominant she was because of how she's dismantled now (thank you Chewie!).

If JKR hadn't come about and Chewbacca and 3PO had, then arena would be more diverse than it is today, but I don't see Bastila in that mix without another useful jedi.

This was a brief hiccup while the Traya early adopters were still five star. Once she reached seven, most shards converted almost exclusively to her. We forget just how dominant she was because of how she's dismantled now (thank you Chewie!).

If JKR hadn't come about and Chewbacca and 3PO had, then arena would be more diverse than it is today, but I don't see Bastila in that mix without another useful jedi.

Bast was in the mix when JTR and EP were co-metas...Bast was a direct counter to EP.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    There is that word again. "Everyone." I don't think the actual meaning of that word is anywhere close to the way you guys keep using it.

You need 30 good mods to make a team. Those mods can be removed from a squad if need be to put on a Darth Revan team. If you don’t have that, I suggest to you

Do you even mod bro?

To really be competitive, you also need to get all the characters in the squad to G12. Do you really think a lot of people who are struggling to 7 star the OR team have Assassin, Trooper, and Marauder at 7 stars with G12? Hell, by the time a lot of them get their DR squads competitive, the next meta might have already dropped.

Yes...because a lot of it is just poor planning on farming, not because they have bad mods or don't have the toons. There is a reason why people go from no. 1 to no. 75 overnight now.

The reason isn't what you are claiming it is though. It's that the AI sucks on defense. It's easy for even a great team to drop if all the characters are consistently doing what makes the least sense.

It's because the arena is flooded with a single op team. I've never dropped like this before. Tagged from 1 all the way back to 60+ over night
    There is that word again. "Everyone." I don't think the actual meaning of that word is anywhere close to the way you guys keep using it.

You need 30 good mods to make a team. Those mods can be removed from a squad if need be to put on a Darth Revan team. If you don’t have that, I suggest to you

Do you even mod bro?

To really be competitive, you also need to get all the characters in the squad to G12. Do you really think a lot of people who are struggling to 7 star the OR team have Assassin, Trooper, and Marauder at 7 stars with G12? Hell, by the time a lot of them get their DR squads competitive, the next meta might have already dropped.

Yes...because a lot of it is just poor planning on farming, not because they have bad mods or don't have the toons. There is a reason why people go from no. 1 to no. 75 overnight now.

The reason isn't what you are claiming it is though. It's that the AI sucks on defense. It's easy for even a great team to drop if all the characters are consistently doing what makes the least sense.

It's because the arena is flooded with a single op team. I've never dropped like this before. Tagged from 1 all the way back to 60+ over night

Also because that team is vulnerable to like 3 other teams: Traya, CLS, and NS/JTR.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »

Do you even mod bro?

Also because that team is vulnerable to like 3 other teams: Traya, CLS, and NS/JTR.

Don't say that you even expect a virtually unbeatable team. Don't you want to have your own video game too? Where you are the only one to beat everyone and no one can touch you?
    Revan is by far the closest team to being invulnerable to others. There were some easier and more reliable counters for metas before JKR was introduced.

Do you even mod bro?

Don't say that you even expect a virtually unbeatable team. Don't you want to have your own video game too? Where you are the only one to beat everyone and no one can touch you?
    Revan is by far the closest team to being invulnerable to others. There were some easier and more reliable counters for metas before JKR was introduced.

No...JKR has been beatable ever since BSF was introduced...which was about 2 months after JKR was introduced. Introduction of chewy and C3p0 made it a third viable group against Revan.

Trio had no equal for about 6 months. You can use danger zone and thrawn IPD but not really workable if SiT was on the team.

CLS was unmatched for about 4 to 5 months until NS came on the scene and then fell with JTR.
  • Well, if they delay it any longer, not even G12 is going to make it exclusive.
  • To those that planned ahead and those that spent,

SUCKERS!

-CG/EA

Next month's login will be Carth...because why not?
  • Its a slap in the face to anyone who has spent on this game. Shows how little the devs care about it. 0 exclusivity to this event, which is something @CG_Carrie has preached before.

So what's the incentive for ANYONE to spend money on this game when things get pushed back and made easy for every player to get (whether they spend or not)? Answer: There isn't any incentive.

They dropped the ball horrifically on this one.
  • This may be the straw that breaks this Cetacean’s back. I totally whaled on the required toons way early. If this turns into more of the same in arena, I’m done. Not just spending money, I mean done. No more rearranging my schedule around events, no more hiding my SWGOH slush fund, done.

We’ve all seen these threats so I know no one cares. However I can’t be alone in this. I know several of my fellow whales that I’ve spoken to agree. Arena is simply no longer fun...at all.

This. 100000% this.
  • The arena is going to be death for the next 6-8 months now
  • I spent quite a bit to be sure I was ready, and I don't feel slapped in the slightest.
  • Please make Darth Revan extremely hard to get. While you're at it, please delete every Jedi Revan out there but mine. I want to see only Palp, Wiggs, and maybe some sand people teams in arena.
    XOXOXO
    -- a unique snowflake
  • Bauhaus wrote: »
    Please make Darth Revan extremely hard to get. While you're at it, please delete every Jedi Revan out there but mine. I want to see only Palp, Wiggs, and maybe some sand people teams in arena.
    XOXOXO
    -- a unique snowflake
    9hhmyydph0zz.png

Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • The op's ejection port cover is open tsk-tsk

Do you even mod bro?

Except it's all jkr in my shard. Literally every single top 50+ team. It was a valiant attempt though.
  • *Read this thread to see the ramblings of a spoiled rich kid who wants arena all to himself*
  • *Read this thread to see the ramblings of a spoiled rich kid who wants arena all to himself*

Or people who work hard to maintain their arena ranking and farmed/geared up the right toons.

Why should arena be "shared" in this game? If you are good enough, you can find your shard chat and spread out the payouts but having a meta of 100 players makes this game too frustrating to play.

Do you even mod bro?

Except it's all jkr in my shard. Literally every single top 50+ team. It was a valiant attempt though.

Of course...it's still be the "team" especially on defense but you are being knocked down in part because JKR is also susceptible to non-JKR teams.
    *Read this thread to see the ramblings of a spoiled rich kid who wants arena all to himself*

Or people who work hard to maintain their arena ranking and farmed/geared up the right toons.

Why should arena be "shared" in this game? If you are good enough, you can find your shard chat and spread out the payouts but having a meta of 100 players makes this game too frustrating to play.

"This game." You know SA is only one activity, right?
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    Of course...it's still be the "team" especially on defense but you are being knocked down in part because JKR is also susceptible to non-JKR teams.

People keep saying that but theres never anything other than Revan in the top 100/200 which would mean noone ever climbs right? lol...
    *Read this thread to see the ramblings of a spoiled rich kid who wants arena all to himself*

"This game." You know SA is only one activity, right?

SA?

The direct quote is: Why should arena be "shared" in this game?

So yes...I am making the comment as to the arena portion of the game.
  • There was a lot of arguments about needing high gear to beat the event vs “the challenging sith throne” being just words and not meaning the event wouldn’t be hard.

Id love to see what the folks who said g8/9 gear would be sufficient enough and the event won’t be as challenging as past events have to say now that the event has come.
  • Pretty sure people were saying it wouldn't be rational for the event to be harder than JKR. Not sure anyone was saying they thing CG is rational.

Do you even mod bro?

I literally just told you that isnt happening lol it's all jkr