RETITLE: "Mildly Irritated" about HK-47 Leader Nerf

Prev1
SamuraiUX
265 posts Member
edited March 2019
Spent the past bunch of months building a droid team: HK (L), IG-88, T3, L3, and IPD. Then I found out: we're getting new droids! But they're all Separatists. I was working on the wrong droids.

It's ok. I march to my own drum. I ignored the Separatists and finished my droid team, putting zetas on 88, L3, and T3. I felt great when I heard HK was getting a re-work... finally! I might have a decent leader for my droids!

And now we hear that his leadership is getting nerfed? Ok, who's supposed to run my droid team now? This is really unfair to anyone who was trying to build a non-Separatist droid team. HK has been the only reasonable leader for droids since the dawn of time. If not him, who? Not Grievous. Are we getting a super-awesome Lobot rework or something, LOL? I doubt it, so I guess this team now just gets to lay fallow after months of work.

That is... discouraging. To say the least.
Post edited by SamuraiUX on

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Not nerfed. Yes, they are returning the materials, but it’s getting a complete makeover. He’ll most likely be more useful with OR characters. I am sorry for your loss.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    While it sucks that HK won't have the same lead, it's supposed to be a general upgrade. So his leadership might be worse (it might just be different, not worse) but overall he should be more useful.

He barely/rarely contributed to a battle outside of his leader ability, so I'm glad he's gonna bring more to the table than a few debuffs every few turns. I hope whatever change they make doesn't take much from your droid team.

The good news is that bc you aren't using BB8, you can change to a non-droid leader without penalty. You can use Cheif Nebit or IG-88 or Poggle or um, Lobot lead
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Quit the game if this upsets you. The game doesn’t need you bud
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Give it a chance to see it at least. They may make it terrible but so far on reworks on an existing character (Zombie) they spent a lot of time and did a good job. We will see.
  • If you really didnt see that the new droids would be separatist droids, youre pretty bad at this game.

However, its ok. Many people play this game for fun, to collect stuff. You obviously like droids, and you have a cool droid squad going there already. Keep adding to them if that brings you joy.

88's lead is still fine for droids.
    If you want meta team strong lead, then you have to build a meta team (jedi/darth revan, or at least Grievous/ns/cls), theres no outsmarting the millions of players because you coincidentally like droids.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Luckily you can use every named Droid in other teams...

Droid fans want full squads not droid slaves for other factions and most droids share something with others, even L3 (zeta) or chopper (assist) or bb8 - so the design is already build with the faction in mind and all we need are solid leads and since HK is the best generic droid lead (while his kit is clearly outdated) we simply fear that it will be worse or cut entirely (for canon reason or whatever) which leaves entire teams alone - heck even new ones like KOTOR T3 have no role under Carth, Bastila or Revan teams.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    If you really didnt see that the new droids would be separatist droids, youre pretty bad at this game.

However, its ok. Many people play this game for fun, to collect stuff. You obviously like droids, and you have a cool droid squad going there already. Keep adding to them if that brings you joy.

88's lead is still fine for droids.
    If you want meta team strong lead, then you have to build a meta team (jedi/darth revan, or at least Grievous/ns/cls), theres no outsmarting the millions of players because you coincidentally like droids.

Ig-88 lead was adjusted to BH teams.

They created the Target Lock debuff synergy and OP and others like me made good use of it.

My HK lead team can pawn any zBossk team right now GA and TW. A team against I will not use my Revan team
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • So sad for u and others in ur situation... Droids under hk can beat atm every team who is not anticrit based, if they rework hk without downgrading his leader it will keep in the same way... So much teams can counter him just cuz the crits so cant see they dominating arena in any way and while they dont give them double taps it cant have infinite loops in raids either so cant see the problem xD
  • HK666 wrote: »
    While it sucks that HK won't have the same lead, it's supposed to be a general upgrade. So his leadership might be worse (it might just be different, not worse) but overall he should be more useful.

He barely/rarely contributed to a battle outside of his leader ability, so I'm glad he's gonna bring more to the table than a few debuffs every few turns. I hope whatever change they make doesn't take much from your droid team.

The good news is that bc you aren't using BB8, you can change to a non-droid leader without penalty. You can use Cheif Nebit or IG-88 or Poggle or um, Lobot lead

For the longest time I had him going a but faster than Ig88 so his AOE debug would boost Ig88's AOE damage.
  • Look, in order to keep HK competitive they will simply take away Finn's ability to use a blaster. Now he will be resigned to K2SO style hand to hand combat.
  • You never know. It could be volume 2 of Revan style leader text lol.

But seriously, it is kind of limiting to have a leader ability that provides so much TM. Could you imagine if someone like Canderous were a droid? His basic could get multiple crits in 1 action. He could create his own infinite loop with just his basic.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    You never know. It could be volume 2 of Revan style leader text lol.

But seriously, it is kind of limiting to have a leader ability that provides so much TM. Could you imagine if someone like Canderous were a droid? His basic could get multiple crits in 1 action. He could create his own infinite loop with just his basic.

So what? That leadership was only for droids, and it was never a meta even in the very old days...
    Now with the Revan, it is still isn’t meta, and will not. Why should they change it, it is a complete mystery for me
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    You never know. It could be volume 2 of Revan style leader text lol.

So what? That leadership was only for droids, and it was never a meta even in the very old days...
    Now with the Revan, it is still isn’t meta, and will not. Why should they change it, it is a complete mystery for me

Droids were never meta, but they kept me top 15 through several metas. Until biggs came around with his reaction to crits. Since then they have added a lot more reactions to crits.

I can see what they are saying. I am open to seeing what they do, but I love droids and feel that the change will make the current team a c team at best, and we will all be in a holding patter for more droids at some point.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Yeah that the thing I dont get is why they are doing it because its not an OP lead. Can only surmise we are getting some more droids that might break it later (BB9E or Super Tactical Droid? Not sure who else it could be).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    VonZant wrote: »
    Yeah that the thing I dont get is why they are doing it because its not an OP lead. Can only surmise we are getting some more droids that might break it later (BB9E or Super Tactical Droid? Not sure who else it could be).

I think it opens up development in general because they may end up in a situation where they dont always have to include the crit immunity on others.

Droids get a more unique mechanism to that faction (target lock).

They wont have to worry about limiting crits on toons that already gain TM.

In general yes, I expect to see more droids and having a faction with more useful tools in it.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    First of all, why be mad? We don't even know what it is yet.

Secondly,
    VonZant wrote: »
    Yeah that the thing I dont get is why they are doing it because its not an OP lead.

It's not OP *now*. We don't know what they have planned for droids, while they do. They're probably about to start TCW content in earnest until Ep9 this fall. Any droid they're adding that they want to have high crit and/or assist chances would create the dreaded infinite loop. So, they're changing it, and we can expect droids that attack out of turn in the next few months.

But no reason to be mad about anything until we know what they change it to.
  • Stick wrote: »

I'd like to discuss this, because everyone else passed it by like this is just how life is now.

What value added is there from your posts existence in this discussion? Zero. This is because - and pay attention here - you wrote this because it makes you feel good to put people in their place and/or make them feel badly. Unfortunately, I'm a grown man with a PhD in Psychology, so rather than feeling badly, I simply feel like this brands you as a sad and not-so-good human being.

But if I were a teenager, it might have indeed made me feel badly. Would that have made you happy? Would you be pleased if your words made some kid upset or hurt or angry? This says a lot about you, and none of it good. I have to guess that you're a teenager yourself, because if you're any older than 16 and writing that... well, that's unfortunate.

@Roopehunter 's "If you really didnt see that the new droids would be separatist droids, youre pretty bad at this game" isn't particularly helpful, either although at least you offered some thoughts beyond the insult. In fact, I'm quite good at the game. I've been playing since it started. The thing is, as you noted, I play for my own enjoyment and build the teams I want to. I had been working on droids prior to hearing anything about a re-work, so it's more like I was irked when I found out that a different set of droids were coming. Luckily, the Separatists don't really blow me away, so I'm fine to continue with the droids I WAS looking for.

I do acknowledge that "furious" (in my title) is a bit melodramatic. "Annoyed" is probably a better description.

Guys, I understand lots of people who play this game are immature teens, but really. If you see someone post something like "why u here? leave coz we hates u" instead of just shrugging, be the kind of person who says "ignore that guy, he's an ****." Because you don't know who's receiving it and what's going on in their life.
  • StarSon wrote: »

...no reason to be mad about anything until we know what they change it to.

You are absolutely right. My post is a bit reactionary. I'm willing to wait and see if we get another leader or even a better leader in a bit. I'm just irked because HK is my ONLY viable droid leader at the mo'. Just venting to the only people I know who would get what I'm irked at. =)

• SamuraiUX wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

You are absolutely right. My post is a bit reactionary. I'm willing to wait and see if we get another leader or even a better leader in a bit. I'm just irked because HK is my ONLY viable droid leader at the mo'. Just venting to the only people I know who would get what I'm irked at. =)

Work on Lobot! He brings a shiny baldspot to a droid team.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

While they have said his new leader won't be arena meta, I would expect it to still perform well in PvE, and hopefully still in GA/TW. We'll find out in a couple days, though.
  • SamuraiUX
    265 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Work on Lobot! He brings a shiny baldspot to a droid team.

I know it's sort of weird and crazy but I think I might do this. Because... Lobot. It would be cool to have a Lobot-led robot team. Er, droid team. If only Lobot weren't garbage. LOL
    Post edited by SamuraiUX on
  • Any change to HK's leader ability has no real impact on arena, raids, TW, GA or TB. If anyone starting building a droid team around an HK lead in the last 2 years, then they did so just for fun...not for competitive reasons. After the HK rework, I'm sure it will be just as mediocre of a team as it is currently, lol.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    Any change to HK's leader ability has no real impact on arena, raids, TW, GA or TB. If anyone starting building a droid team around an HK lead in the last 2 years, then they did so just for fun...not for competitive reasons. After the HK rework, I'm sure it will be just as mediocre of a team as it is currently, lol.

Well, this just isn't true. He's great in GA and TW with the right team.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    SamuraiUX wrote: »

Work on Lobot! He brings a shiny baldspot to a droid team.[/quote]

I know it's sort of weird and crazy but I think I might do this. Because... Lobot. It would be cool to have a Lobot-led robot team. Er, droid team. If only Lobot weren't garbage. LOL[/quote]

At least there is a very low risk that they rework Lobot so you’ll probably be safe using him as lead;)

Personally I really look forward to HKs rework since he is my all time favourite Star Wars toon and it would be awesome if he became useful. I get the frustration from side though, i’m guessing they are changing his leadership not for arena reasons but to avoid raid exploits with new toons in future releases.
  • SamuraiUX wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »

I'd like to discuss this, because everyone else passed it by like this is just how life is now.

What value added is there from your posts existence in this discussion? Zero. This is because - and pay attention here - you wrote this because it makes you feel good to put people in their place and/or make them feel badly. Unfortunately, I'm a grown man with a PhD in Psychology, so rather than feeling badly, I simply feel like this brands you as a sad and not-so-good human being.

But if I were a teenager, it might have indeed made me feel badly. Would that have made you happy? Would you be pleased if your words made some kid upset or hurt or angry? This says a lot about you, and none of it good. I have to guess that you're a teenager yourself, because if you're any older than 16 and writing that... well, that's unfortunate.

@Roopehunter 's "If you really didnt see that the new droids would be separatist droids, youre pretty bad at this game" isn't particularly helpful, either although at least you offered some thoughts beyond the insult. In fact, I'm quite good at the game. I've been playing since it started. The thing is, as you noted, I play for my own enjoyment and build the teams I want to. I had been working on droids prior to hearing anything about a re-work, so it's more like I was irked when I found out that a different set of droids were coming. Luckily, the Separatists don't really blow me away, so I'm fine to continue with the droids I WAS looking for.

I do acknowledge that "furious" (in my title) is a bit melodramatic. "Annoyed" is probably a better description.

Guys, I understand lots of people who play this game are immature teens, but really. If you see someone post something like "why u here? leave coz we hates u" instead of just shrugging, be the kind of person who says "ignore that guy, he's an ****." Because you don't know who's receiving it and what's going on in their life.

I think youre lying about your education. A real psychologist does not categorise and judge people, like 'sad' or 'not so good'.
    In fact, you would focus on the motives behind. (also, most psychologists do not make PhD)
    At least I hope, for the sake of the people who seek your support.

So, on to the motives.
    Why did someone recommend you to quit?
    Because its better for everyone, including you.

You were furious because of a very ordinary element of the game. Let that sink in.
    Frustration leads to anger leads to damage. Not good for your health.

Its also not good for others. The group wants to enjoy things, and there are much more people awaitong Darth Revan than awaiting droids. So let the majority have fun, instead of forcing them to see whines and negativity. One thread is ok, but why open the 6th thread on the exact same thing as 5 others already?
    Join one of those, cry your river there, hopefully youll find thinkalike players there, offering some sort of a consolidation.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    @Roopehunter I believe op has mentioned he knew he overreacted at first. He said he feels more annoyed than furious like he said first. So honestly, if he’s just annoyed like lots of other players out there, that is by no means abnormal.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    You're mad about something that hasn't even been revealed yet? I don't understand.

"We're ordering pizza."
    "Ugh, I hate onions on pizza."
    "What? I didn't tell you what we were getting on it y-"
    "I DON'T CARE I HATE IT"

Is it entirely possible that his reworked lead will suck for droids? Yes, absolutely. But maybe wait until you actually know what it is before declaring it garbage?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• SamuraiUX
    265 posts Member
    edited March 2019

I think youre lying about your education. A real psychologist does not categorise and judge people, like 'sad' or 'not so good'.
    In fact, you would focus on the motives behind. (also, most psychologists do not make PhD)
    At least I hope, for the sake of the people who seek your support.

So, on to the motives.
    Why did someone recommend you to quit?
    Because its better for everyone, including you.

You were furious because of a very ordinary element of the game. Let that sink in.
    Frustration leads to anger leads to damage. Not good for your health.

Its also not good for others. The group wants to enjoy things, and there are much more people awaitong Darth Revan than awaiting droids. So let the majority have fun, instead of forcing them to see whines and negativity. One thread is ok, but why open the 6th thread on the exact same thing as 5 others already?
    Join one of those, cry your river there, hopefully youll find thinkalike players there, offering some sort of a consolidation.

I can't believe. That you chose to write back. To double down and tell me why to quit the game and why you're right. IT. IS. AWESOME! You are truly terrible. And probably very bored.

I'm not about to take a photo of my diploma for you, so believe or disbelieve as you like. It literally has zero impact on my life. But just to correct you, my PhD is in research and statistics as it pertains to Psychology - I have no "people who seek my support." Well, my students, I suppose. And I'm very kind to them. For example, I don't tell them when they come to my office hours to vent to me about something that it's best that they quit school forever.

But you know what? I'm going to take your advice. First, I'm going to cry a river somewhere, because that's what I do - I'm a crier. I don't want other to have to see my "whines." And THEN, I'm going to quit the game FOREVER. Because you said so. I mean, as you say - it's better for everyone. All the millions of players of SWGOH will be benefitted by my absence. They probably won't notice it, really, but on the whole, they'll all be much improved.

Can I just offer one tiny teeny bit of advice before I go throw my phone off the balcony to destroy it forever and then maybe go stick my head in the oven for you? ...Stop being a tool. And also: work on spelling and punctuation. That actually IS something that will be better for everyone. :smile:

Hugs and kisses,
    SamUX
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let's keep things respectful.