Excess of equipment

Many players have accumulated equipment over time that they will never have the chance to use, why not create a market that allows them to exchange / replace / sell these useless equipment? It could be a new update that I think would be very appreciated by all players

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    There used to be the option to sell unwanted gear for credist, but they removed it. The official reason was players accidentally selling needed gear, but it's obviously nonsense. In case of mods, not only are we able to sell them, we are even forced to do it by limited inventory. And the danger of accidentally selling good ones is imo even greater than with gear.
  • ZombiOne67 wrote: »
    Many players have accumulated equipment over time that they will never have the chance to use, why not create a market that allows them to exchange / replace / sell these useless equipment? It could be a new update that I think would be very appreciated by all players

Exchange/replace does not make sense. Gear is supposed to be a bottleneck and limit your progress. Otherwise everybody would have all characters at g12+3,spoiling the fun of progressing and having to prioritise constantly.

Sell maybe. However, older players have literally tens of thousands accumulated over time. What would be the sell price of one? I dont think you can make up a nr that wouldnz make it ridiculous either for the long term or new term players.
    Again, it would trivialise end game progress if you could always afford everything.
    Not good for a resource management game.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    There used to be the option to sell unwanted gear for credist, but they removed it. The official reason was players accidentally selling needed gear, but it's obviously nonsense. In case of mods, not only are we able to sell them, we are even forced to do it by limited inventory. And the danger of accidentally selling good ones is imo even greater than with gear.

You can lock mods, but even with that feature, people sell mods they want anyway. People also still accidentally zeta characters with the extra clicks.

It’s extremely difficult to hit the mod cap. Stop hoarding worthless mods, and put the ones you want onto characters (helps with tracking on swgoh.gg as well). If you don’t want to do that then that’s your own choice.

As for “worthless” gear, it’s this sort of complaints that has resulted in a new bottleneck that we didn’t have before. By taking out challenge gear from hAAT, white eyeballs have become scarce.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    ZombiOne67 wrote: »
    I speak of equip, not of mod I seem to have been clear .... After 2 years of play I find myself with top level teams with numbers exceeding 4000 units, but if you think it is still a problem of research and growth .... I do not know what to say

Of course, I was just comparing the gear situation to what we have with mods. The excuse they gave for removing the "sell gear" option simply doesn't hold, and mods are the proof.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    I speak of equip, not of mod I seem to have been clear .... After 2 years of play I find myself with top level teams with numbers exceeding 4000 units, but if you think it is still a problem of research and growth .... I do not know what to say

Of course, I was just comparing the gear situation to what we have with mods. The excuse they gave for removing the "sell gear" option simply doesn't hold, and mods are the proof.

The UI was horrible (and so were the prices), also at that time credits were a huge bottleneck. Many people sold the wrong gear (this was before they changed the coloring in gear and they looks identical). But sure, it doesnt hold.
    They are unlikely to do anything with excess gear at this point, if they did the prices would be worthless because of the players with 10s or thousands of them.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

not really, the two aren't comparable. You could sell gear for a very, very low amount of credits, everyone who keeps bringing the this up keeps forgetting that.
    Save water, drink champagne!