Deciding about FO and ships farming

Hello, I am struggling to decide a few things regarding ships and First Order for long term farming for raids and BB-8.

Here is my roster. https://swgoh.gg/p/368424417/

For FO team, I was thinking KRU, FOST, FOE, FOO, and FOTP. (skipping KR and Phasma). Is this a viable team for raids, Territory War, GA? Is it very hampering to not farm Phasma or KR?

The main reason is I need 5 dark side ships to farm Zetas. I have Silencer, Slave 1, Imp Tie Fighter at 4*. I am getting Tie Advanced. My decision/question:

Should I not farm FOTP + FO tie fighter. and Farm Xanadu (i'm maxing Cade after biggs) or Scimitar or Geo Soldier? Which dark side ships should I go for?

Thanks for advice

Replies

• Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Skipping KR in an FO team is devaluating it too much. You need the synergy it gives for a successful FO team.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Captain Phasma was very helpful for me in the first few months - possibly even first year - and she was my Leader when I beat the BB-8 Event to get him to 7*. However having said all that, she stands a very strong chance of soon being my first ever character with a Zeta skill unlocked that I am going to retire. Once I have the First Order Stormtrooper up to a decent level of survivability, she will be gently put in a home. However ... she'll often come out of that home to help pilot Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle which is a very useful ship until you start getting to the really high levels of Ship Arena.
    It also requires First Order Stormtrooper and Kylo Ren to pilot.
    Speaking of Kylo Ren, my First Order team would be nowhere near as good without him. To not farm him would, I believe, be a big mistake. He has a lot going for him and is one of the stronger First Order characters.

I would strongly advise farming Kylo Ren and the First Order Stormtrooper; and as they are two of the three pilots for the Command Shuttle, it makes sense to unlock Phasma and get her OKish to help out too.
    So those three and the First Order Executioner would be my advice for four of the five characters for your squad at this stage. Just be aware that Phasma, while good in early squads and as a pilot, will have a limited shelf life. But don't write her off yet.
  • I’m a First Order fiend. Love em. Kylo Ren is the reason you have a First Order team. To not have him wouldn’t be smart. He’s an incredible character and his Outrage ability is soooooo sweet. You can do massive damage with him in the STR if you survive long enough. He can hit for 100k after a few minutes.

Phasma on the other hand is just OK. She won’t make your FO team great like the other chars will. She has a good leader ability, and that’s about it.

My suggestion is your base needs to be KRU, Kylo, FOO, and FOX. The fifth can be either FOTP, FOST, or FOSFTP. I typically have the FOTP in my team cause I like the damage. Make your FOO super fast that way he can call KRU to stun whoever on the other team right out of the gates.

Grand Arena is where Phasma can be great. 3v3 specifically. I use KRU, Kylo, and either FOST or FOX on def. On offense, Phasma, FOTP, and FOX make a fantastic attacking team.

The FOTP and his ship can do massive amounts of damage too. All the FO ships are actually pretty good, with KRUs Silencer being one of the best ships in the game. I suggest getting all of the FO ships. It’s likely we will be getting something for EP IX so might as well be prepared.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    FOTP brings good damage, but that's pretty much all he brings. I have mine G12'd and zeta'd, and kind of wish I could take it back. At least his ship is pretty good.

You want Kylo. The teamwide TM boost on Lash Out is part of the TM engine that makes it such a good team in the first place. Plus he's much tankier and can dish out some pretty heavy hits of his own with Outrage.

Placing him in a back territory in GA/TW with his zeta is also fun, as a lone Zylo can easily devour an entire B-team by himself if your opponents get careless. He stacks loads of defense and offense from taking lots of crappy hits, then explodes somebody with Outrage and goes back to full protection.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Fo is great for Haat P2. The Synergies are awesome to Speed them up. My Team has with all Buffs >300 Speed. I attached one pic what you can deal damage in this Phase. z4c2ud5tyqp5.png
  • I can't help much with your FO questions, I went for the easy to get characters to unlock BB8 and haven't taken mine past G8 (except for Kylo UM who I use in ships).

For ships, however, I would recommend looking at the Bounty hunter ships. HT is an amazing tank and synergises well with XB. Slave 1 and IG2000 are OK but not great, they will, however, get you the Falcon and form 4 of your 5 for the Tarkin Zeta challenge. If you're farming Kylo UM anyways, his ship is on the same node. That's 5. I understand 3 of those are hard node farms so if you're after something quicker; I'd say KRU/Scilencer, FOTFP/FO TIE, Boba/Slave 1, as your working on Cad bane anyways go for XB and either Vader/TIE Advanced of TFP/TIE.
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    My FO team is KRU, phasma, foo, fos, and foex. I love the team and regularly take out Bastila lead teams all the time, as well as nightsister teams.