I'm rank #1 in my server in my timezone everyday, I'm playing from december 2015, and I'm a F2P player, I only have paid 5 dollars at the beginning.
The best way to accelerate the evolution in the game is get a good rank in the Arena, because the rank #1 have a reward of 500 crystals and 1000 arena tokens, and these crystals and tokens are very useful to get and improve characters.FROM LEVEL 1 TO LEVEL 40
First of all, in the Cantina nodes, start farming Geonosian Soldier
, that it's the best character at the beginning, with Poggle as leader can deal critical damages of around 12K, and if the assist is IG-86, IG-88, First Order TIE Pilot (FOTP) or Rey, it can be a total damage of around 18K. With the assist the special ability of GS is the best of the game, and his speed is one of the best.
The Sim tickets
, that simulates a node, will increase everyday, so you can use it from the beggining.
Begin to get Darth Sidious
with the arena tokens and improve he to 7 stars. He have a good leader ability and is a nice character at the beginning. Then get Eeth Koth
and Savage Opress
is useful to get Yoda
. To get Yoda you need 5 jedis, so you can play with Barriss Offee as leader, Luminara, Jedi Consular, Eeth Koth and Qui-Gon Jinn.
In the Cantina shipments the best is get Qui-Gon Jinn
and then Fives
When you arrive to lvl 40, you will unlock the Galactic War, where you can get GW shipments.
Start getting Luminara Unduli
, that have a very nice healing ability, a strong special ability and a strong basic attack.
Then get Poggle
and then IG-86
can apply offense up, the characters will inflict 50% more damage, and +25% speed to the droid. Also with Poggle as leader, the Geonosian Soldier and droids gain 25% offense.IG-86
is very strong, his basic attack in level 70, with Poggle as leader and the offense up, can deal damages of around 9K, and the special ability critical damages of around 14K and the assist.
So, at the beginning, your priorities are:Cantina nodes
: Geonosian SoldierArena shipments
: Darth Sidious & Eeth Koth.Galactic War shipments
: Luminara, Poggle & IG-86.
You need play the game everyday and accomplish all the daily activities
. Also play the game when the energy it's full.
Improve the gears
and get the max level
of the best characters. Don't improve the gears of the bad characters, let they in level 20 or 30, that it's useful for accomplish the daily activities, one of them is put a gear and the other is train a character, you can put an abundant gear in a bad character and use only a training droid of 1 star to accomplish these activities.
Use the daily free crystals
to buy 2 times normal energy refreshes
, that costs 50 crystals the first 2 times, and if you have more crystals use it to buy a Cantina energy refresh
by 100 crystals to get faster the shards of the Cantina nodes and get faster the shards of the Cantina shipments.
An important character is Royal Guard (RG), the best tank in the game, only farmable from the level 77 in the level 7 of the Cantina nodes. The taunt of RG is activated automatically and have 80% chance to stun an emeny when his health is more than 50%, so is very useful. Also is very needed in the Mace Windu (INT) challenge.
There are 2 hard nodes where you can get shards of Royal Guard: 1-D (Light Sight) and 5-F (Dark Side). With these hard nodes you can get an average of 2 shards per day.
The Royal Guard also appears frecuently in the bronzium data cards, so meanwhile you are farming RG you will get extra shards. Also appears in a very frecuency in the in the shipments, 2 shards by 100 crystals or 3 shards by 150 crystals, it is the same as refresh the hard nodes and have a drop rate of 33%, that is the normal rate, an average of 2 shards per day for every 6 attempts.
If you get an average of 3 shards of RG per day, you will have 4* RG in around 18 days, and maybe less if you buy more shards in the shipments and you have luck with the bronzium data cards. From 4* RG is viable in the arena, at least in the TOP 100-200, also there are teams in the TOP 20 using a Royal Guard of 4 stars.
Another interesting character to farm from the beginning of the game is Rey, that in the level 80 and max gear is the fastest character of the game. There are 3 hard nodes where you can farm Rey: 2-A (LS), 5-D (DS) and 7-B (DS). If you get an average of 3 shards per day, you will be able to start to use 4* Rey in around 25 days.FROM LEVEL 40 TO LEVEL 50
Now the priority is get Luminara
with the Galactic War shipments.
After get Geonosian Soldier
of 7 stars, the best is farm Jedi Consular
(JC), to get Yoda
. You farm JC from the 3-A Cantina a node.
When you arrive to the level 6 of the Cantina, the best is start to farm Barriss Offee
, that is very useful in the Galactic Wars, to use as leader, with Luminara, QGJ, GS and Rey/IG-86, and to use in the challenges to get Yoda.
Use this web to see what is the best abilities to improve first with the skill materials:http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/
Also the following website is very useful:http://www.star-wars-galaxy.com/charactershttp://www.star-wars-galaxy.com/characters/view-stats
In the Arena, start using Sidious as leader, Qui-Gon Jinn, Luminara, Geonosian Soldier and the last character can be Jedi Consular.
Then the objective is get Poggle and IG-86 and play with a team with Poggle as leader, Geonosian Soldier, IG-86, Qui-Gon Jinn and Luminara.FROM LEVEL 50 TO LEVEL 60
After get a good team in the arena, you can use the refresh of 50 crystals that allows you to play another 5 battles and improve your rank.
You can see videos of my arena battles for learn to play:https://www.youtube.com/c/QuimLCFROM LEVEL 60 TO LEVEL 80
After get level 70 you will be able to get the rank TOP 20, and everyday will be easier get a better rank and get more crystals.
It is important play the battles from 2 hours before the rewards, because if you play battles 10 hours before, other people in other timezones will play against you and you will lose positions, if your payout time is at 06:00 PM, then is better play the first battle at 04:20 PM, for example, enough time to play 10 battles, because every battle is 10 minutes, and the 6th battle you can play without wait, so you can play the first from 04:20 to 04:30, the 2th from 04:30 to 04:40, the 3th from 04:50 to 05:00, the 5th at 05:00, the 6th from 05:05 to 05:15, the 7th from 05:15 to 05:25, the 8th from 05:25 to 05:35, the 9th from 05:35 to 05:45 and the 10th from 05:45 to 05:55, also you can play when only remains 7 minutes and wait to the last 20 seconds to give the final blow, if someone want play against you will not have enough time.
If you can't play from 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM, you can let your team in the 2th or 3th position, that it's more easy that no one play against you because the people who want be rank #1 will play the last battle from 5th or 4th to 1th, and sometimes these people doesn't play against the 2th and 3th positions. Maybe the best is be 3th to maintain the rank more hours, because the people who already have received the rewards, but still have attempts to use, they will use it before 00:00 to get a better position during the night, while they are sleeping, so they will try to get the 1th or 2th position, or maybe people who can't play the game from 04:00 to 06:00 PM will play at 00:00 or in the morning, or people in different timezones, so the 3th position is the best to maintain the rank if you can't play from 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM.
When you get the rank 1 and get a daily reward of 500 crystals, adding up the daily free crystals with the daily activities and the galactic war, you will have 600 daily crystals to spend, but the best is let 150 crystals to use in the Arena if you need it, the first 50 crystals for the battles from 5th to 10th, and the other 100 crystals if you need use it to another 5 battles. If you can't get the rank 1 with 10 battes, then is better start to play at 03:30 PM, enought time to play 15 battles.
With the rest of crystals, around 500 crystals, the best is purchase 2 times the refresh of Cantina energy (100+200) and 2 times the refresh of normal energy (50+50). You will save everyday between 100 and 200 crystals, you can use it to buy shards of Royal Guard in the shipments, that appears quite often.
If you now are around level 60 you don't need a lot of time to get the rank 1, maybe 1 month, if you are level 30 you will need 2 months.
When you have saved 300 crystals, and after rewards you have 800 or 900 crystals, you can use it to refresh the attempts of hard nodes of Rey and get more shards of Rey, for every extra 150 crystals you can get 3 extra shards.SUMMARY
1) Get Geonosian Soldier
in the first Cantina node and get Qui-Gon Jinn in the Cantina shipments.
2) Use the free crystals for the first 2 refreshes of normal energy
and accomplish all daily activities
3) Improve your first characters
to the max level and max gears, characters as Jedi Consular, Chewbacca, Jawa, Phasma, Talia, Royal Guard, Ewok Elder, First Order Stormtrooper, Phasma, the enough to have a team for the Light Side and a team for the Dark Side.
4) Start the battles in the Arena
to get the first arena tokens and exchange it by shards of Darth Sidious.
5) In the level 40 start the Galactic Wars and exchange the GW tokens by shards of Luminara
. After get Luminara get shards of Poggle
and then shards of IG-86
6) After get Geonosian Soldier, start to get Jedi Consular
in the 3-A Cantina node.
7) After get Darth Sidious
, start to farm Eeth Koth
, that will be important for the Yoda challenge. After Eeth Koth you can get Savage Opress.
8) After get Qui-Gon Jinn
, start to get shards of Fives
and then Daka
9) Focus your game in this team: Poggle as leader, Geonosian Soldier, IG-86, Qui-Gon Jinn and Royal Guard. While you get IG-86 you can use Luminara, while you get Poggle you can use Darth Sidious.
10) Start to play the Arena battles at 04:20 PM for to play 10 battles, and that the last battle coincide with the payout time.
11) When you get crystals with the Arena, use it to refresh the Cantina energy by 100 crystals.
12) When you get a good rank, at least TOP 5, you can start to purchase a second refresh of Cantina energy.
13) Try to get the rank #1 everyday and use the crystals to buy shards of Royal Guard and purchase extra attempts in the hard nodes of Rey.
14) After get Jedi Consular of at least 5 stars, start to farm Barriss Offee in the 6-A Cantina node. With Barriss (L), JC, Luminara, QGJ and Eeth Koth you will be able to get Yoda.
15) After get the Jedis, you can start to get Dooku in the 6-G Cantina node. If you get the lvl 77, start to farm Royal Guard from the level 7 of the Cantina nodes.
16) The final team could be QGJ (L), Yoda, GS, Rey and Royal Guard, but there are a lot of good combinations.TIPS
● Prioritize your best characters all the time, don't improve Chewbacca if you will not use he, don't improve Talia or Clone Sergeant if you have 5 better characters in the Light Side and 5 better characters in the Dark Side.
● When you search a gear, and the gear appears in a hard node, play this hard node to get the gear and the shards, if the shard is interesting, for example if it is a shard of Poggle, Jedi Consular, Barriss Offee, Royal Guard, IG-86, etc., then you can get the gear and the shard at same time, or al least if you don't get the gear maybe you get the shard.
● Use the following web to know the stats and the next improvements of every character: http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/
● Use alarms in your mobile phone to remember that it's time to play the Arena, for example an alarm at 04:15 PM, and also must be activated the notifications to receive alerts when the energy is full or when you can claim extra energy.
● You can set alarms to remember that it's time to buy shipments. Every 6 hours you can buy shipments, but if you don't join in the game the clock is stopped and only the next 6 hours begin when you join to the game, so you can set 4 alarms, every 6 hours, or set at least 3 alarms. Thanks to the shipments you can buy 3 purple gear, for example, that would cost around 80 energy to get it, so you can accelerate your gears if you play the game at least 3 times everyday.
● Don't buy chromium packs with the free crystals, it would be to waste crystals, and don't buy money credits, it's better wait to the galactic war, when you can get around 500K everyday, that with the money rewards of the Cantina nodes and the daily activities is around 700K everyday, or 1 million if there is a credits challenge.
● Buy gears until have 100 units per gear. When you have 100 units stop to buy it.
● Get the best reward in every challenge, if you have problems in some challenge, for example the Mace Windu challenge, then improve the characters to get it easier. If you need help in the Mace Windu challenge, you can get IG-100 MagnaGuard, available in the Cantina nodes, and up to level 52, for example, with gear 7 and basic skill level 5, he have 60% chance to inflict offense down and prevent the special ability of Mace Windu.
● If you want be grateful to EA for the game, you can buy a crystals pack, the best is a daily enhancer crystals, you don't need spend more money to be rank 1 in the game.
● In the shards shop don't buy shard of characters easy to get, as IG-86 or Qui-Gon Jinn, use it to get shards of Rey or Royal Guard, for example.Galactic War Guide (Max lvl 75/80)
I have another guide here:https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/31235/galactic-war-guide-max-lvl-75-80
your team is solid, but I personally do not see how you can easily beat a speed team, QGJ(L), Yoda, Dooku, GS, Rey ... they will all go before your Poe gets to taunt. Dooku stuns lets say you are lucky to resist, Yoda attacks with TM removal lets say you are lucky to resist, QGJ attacks with an assist, let's say you are lucky he did not call Rey or GS so you did not lose a toon. then your GS will flip-coin with his GS and let's say you are lucky you go first, you likely can not take out Rey unless IG86 is called to assist, then his GS goes and +1. now your Poe gets to taunt ... stars have to line up right for you to win.
Your guide is poor for so many reasons
1. It focuses on you telling which players to buy not how to play e.g - your team is based on speed. How do you heat a team same or faster than yours?
2. Your basis of spending crystals on refreshes for arena and hard nodes means you ultimately must build a base of crystals first. Until such a time 1/6 or 2/6 attemps is probably more realistic.shard drop rates are typically lower than what you have quoted for rey meaning time to farm will be significantly longer
3. In the first paragraph of your lv1-40 guide you are talking about FOTP and Rey - both hard to get if you are ftp and especially pre level 40. You are also quoting their maxed stats. A typical FOTP with a lv3 double tap has a 30% chance to attack again - not the 45% you have quoted
4. Your guide tells people to farm geonosian soldier, Poggle, luminara, ig-86, kylo ren, eeth koth, ventress , first order stormtrooper, poe, ig-88, hk47, resistance pilot, ewok elder, Darth sidious, rey, QGJ, barriss & Marketing dooku - so only 18 characters to farm and I've probably missed some out - I guess that's gotta be pretty easy right being f2p?
5. Gearing all of the above characters will also take a long time and considering all your energy is on farming shards it will take longer
6. You're assuming all servers are the same
7. I could carry on but that's enough for now
Now don't get me wrong - some of your guide would be useful to new players - however the main bulk isn't going to be much use
Dooku is fast, but fast is not strong, his special ability only does a damage of around 4K, very little, the only bad thing is when he stun IG-86 or GS, but there is a chance of 60% that it don't happen, and not always he attacks IG-86 or GS, only the 40% of the times, if he stun Poggle or Kylo Ren is not very important, so the total probability is only 16%.
Qui-Gon Jinn is fast, but the only way that Dooku and Qui-Gon Jinn kill IG-86 is if both attack IG-86, and it not always happen, the most usually thing is that Dooku attack one character and QGJ another different character, for example QGJ attacks Kylo Ren, Poggle or GS, and it's the same than nothing, not a lot of damage.
GS is always the most dangerous character, he can kill IG-86, but only the 20% of times he attacks IG-86.
Rey in the first turn can't kill IG-86, only if another character have attacked he before, and a lot of times my GS go first than Rey and I can kill Rey before he can play.
If the enemy have QGJ (L), Yoda, Rey, Dooku and GS, and I have Poggle (L), GS, Poe, IG-86 and Kylo Ren, it can be the battle:
1) Dooku enemy go first and attack Poggle, don't stun he.
2) QGJ enemy attack IG-86 and Yoda assist, and IG-86 survive.
3) My GS go first and I kill Rey.
4) GS enemy kill IG-86.
5) My Poe taunt, reduce turn meter and expose.
6) My Poggle apply offense up.
7) My Kylo Ren reduces to 60% the health of GS enemy
8) Dooku enemy attacks Poe.
9) Yoda enemy attacks Poe and gain foresight.
10) My GS attacks Gs enemy and reduces health to 20%.
11) QGJ enemy kill my Poe, without gain offense up.
12) My Poggle kill GS enemy.
13) My Kylo Ren uses the AOE ability and remove the foresight of yoda.
14) Dooku enemy attacks some character, don't matter who.
15) Yoda use the "Masterstroke" and gain the retribution of Kylo Ren.
16) My GS kill Yoda.
17) My Kylo Ren kill QGJ or he will die in the next turn by Poggle.
After kill Yoda, I have Kylo Ren, Poggle and GS, easy to win versus Dooku and QGJ.
Maybe if I have a lot of bad luck Rey and QGJ enemy go first and kill IG-86 and Yoda and GS enemy also go first and kill my GS, but the probability that it happen is very little, in the majority of times the battle is more seemed with the example that any very bad situation that you can think, and if the very bad situation happens, don't matter, I will have another opportunity after 10 minutes and I will win.
It's different when an human are controlling the team and getting the rank, but in my server, in my timezone, there is not a lot of P2P players that have QGJ, Yoda, Rey, GS and Dooku in the same team, maybe I am 10th or 15th at 04:00 PM, but at 06:00 PM I'm rank #1.
With Poggle, GS, IG-86, Poe and Kylo Ren you can be rank 1, but soon I will replace Kylo Ren by Rey, and then Poggle by Yoda and Poe by QGJ, it's a game of progress and I will continue progressing.
The people who now is rank 60 also can get it, the players will need a lot of time to get a team as QGJ (L), Yoda, Rey, GS and Dooku, for example I don't have QGJ, I will start to farm he in 3 days, I don't have Rey, I need 1 week to get she, my GS is 6 stars, I'm farming the 7 stars, and my Dooku is 4 stars, and I don't have Yoda, and I only have 7 stars in Luminara, my JC is 4 stars, I need 3 other jedis.
So only P2P players who paid 2000 dollars can have 5 fast characters, in the TOP 20 there is not a lot of these crazy players, maybe 2 or 3 players, the F2P players also want be in the top, you can see droid teams as HK-47, GS, Poggle, IG-86 and IG-88, easy to win, or without GS but with Poe, also easy to win, or a team as with QGJ (L), GS, Poggle, Daka and Sidious, easy to win, or teams as Sidious (L), Dooku, Poe, Rey and GS; also easy to win in the majority of cases, I can win these teams easily.
Now at 1:30 PM i'm 7th in the ranking, I have not played any battle today, so get the 1th will be easy with only 2 battles. Sometimes I'm 10th, 15th or 20th, but also it's easy get the rank #1 with only 5 battles, or maybe 10 battles in the worst of cases, the most normal thing is get it with only 3, 4 or 5 battles.
Now I'm farming Rey (almost the 80 shards), QGJ, Royal Guard (almost 4 stars), and I will start to get Yoda farming Jedis as Barriss Offee, Mace Windu, Eeth Koth and Jedi Consular, and after it I will improve my Dooku, so in the future I will play with QGJ (L), Yoda, Rey, GS and Dooku, but from now with Poggle (L), GS, Poe, IG-86 and Kylo Ren I can get easily the rank 1 and don't lose a lot of positions during the rest of the day, only 10 or 15 positions or less.
So everyone can get it if they start to get the characters that really need, and use the appropriate strategy to accelerate the progress.
1) It is not important tell how to play because the players will understand how to play with the experience, they can see that GS go first, then Poe and Poggle, now IG-86 and finally Kylo Ren, it's easy to see, and they will learn who attack first.
2) I'm farming Rey and my drop rates are around 40%, the last days I got 10/27 for example, so you need around 22 days to get she, meanwhile you get other characters you can get she, is not a lot of time, Rey will be important in the future, but now you can be rank 1 without Rey, but soon will be essential have she, because a lot of people is farming she.
3) I talked about FOTP only to compare with GS, not to say that the people needs get FOTP.
4) It is not necessary farm First Order Stormtrooper, Ewok Elder, I got it for free at the beginning, if the people have other characters then use others. It is necessary farm some characters at the beginning (GS, Poe, Sidious, Luminara, Poggle, IG-86 and Kylo Ren), you can start using Sidious (L), Luminara, Poe, Poggle and GS, and then replace Sidious by IG-86, then replace Luminara by Kylo Ren, it's a progress, you don't get 18 characters in only 2 weeks, you need start farming GS, Poe, Sidious and Luminara, is the 4 first characters, with JC, Phasma, Jawa, that you get at the beginning, and then get Poggle, then IG-86, then Kylo Ren. After get Sidious you can get Eeth Koth to start farm jedi characters for the Yoda event, after get Kytlo you can start to get jedis in the Cantina battles, it's a progress, an evolution. To get the first 4 characters (Poe, GS, Sidious and Luminara) you don't need a lot of time, and you don't need 7 starts to begin to use them, you can use 4* Poe, 5* Sidious, 5* GS, 5* Luminara and 4* JC at the beginning, for example, when you are lvl 50.
5) Yeah, you need time, you can't be rank #1 in only 2 weeks if you are lvl 50, maybe you will need 1 month. I started to play this game 20 days laters after the launch, when I started a lot of people had good characters and I only had Chewbacca and Jedi Consular, but if you play everyday and get 15 shards of the GW shipments, 10 shards of the Arena shipments, 10 shards of the Cantina battles and 5 shards of the Cantina shipments, you can get a lot of characters, to get a character of 80 shards with 15 shards per day is only 5 or 6 days, to get a character with 10 shards per day is 8 days, with 5 shards per day is 16 days. You can get Luminara in 6 days, Sidious in 8 days, Poe in 16 days, Poggle in 12 days (6 days after Luminara) and Geonosian Soldier in 8 days, or 16 days at the beginning if you don't recharge cantina energy, so, after get lvl 40, in around 2 weeks you have the team, you can play with 4* Sidious (L), 4* Luminara, 4* Poggle, 4* Poe and 4* GS, for example, and every week you will improve the team with more levels, more stars, more abilities, etc. Only 2 weeks to get a good team in the level 50, and from level 50 to level 70 you will improve the characters to 5, 6 or 7 stars.
6) The servers are different, but not very different, there are 10.000 players in every server, but maybe only 50 players are good, and only 10 players are very good, in the TOP 20 the good and the very good are mixed, so some teams are difficult to win, maybe you are 15th and the 10th is very good, but the 11th not very good, then you can play versus 11th and then maybe the 7th is very good but not the 8th, you can play versus 8th, now against 3th and now against 1th. There is not a server where all are good players, or where 50 players are very good, always will be around 10-20 very good and around 50-75 good.
It is a good guide because with this strategy I am rank #1 everyday, so it means that it works, and my progress would have been faster if I would have had a guide as this, maybe I would have gotten the rank 1 much soon.
It is not important, if the opponent want kill IG-86, you still have Geonosian Soldier and Kylo Ren, I wrote an example where IG-86 is killed but I win. It means that GS will use the special ability 2 times and will kill 2 characters, and with Kylo Ren and Poggle can kill the other, while the other characters are attacking Poe.
Also sometimes I kill Rey with GS before he can act, it don't means that Rey is not useful. Maybe Rey is better than IG-86, but Rey is hard to farm, IG-86 is very easy.
To win this team the opponent need a very fast team, needs Yoda, QGJ as leader, Dooku, Rey and GS, and then it's easy win my team, but not a lot of teams have these fast characters, for example:
The best teams have QGJ as leader, have Yoda, also a team with Dooku and Rey, but don't have GS, the number 2 is easy to win, but also easy to lose when I'm offline, with the aleatory attacks always an human will win if his team is enough good, because the artificial intelligence is some bad.
At the beginning you can't get any character better than GS and IG-86, if you use Dooku is not better, Dooku can't kill a character, and have the same health, or Sidious is very bad from level 70, the only character that can improve IG-86 is Qui-Gon Jinn, but at the beginning is better to get Poe Dameron, and QGJ only in the defense (offline), to mantain the rank, because in the attack (online), to get the rank, is better IG-86.
It is my rank 6 hours later:
More good teams, for example with QGJ, Dooku, Yoda, Rey and Lumi, it's a good team, so in my server there are good teams but it's easy win, because the AI is bad, and is not a bad team to mantain the rank, today I was 7th at 04:00 PM, I needed only 2 battles to get the rank #1.
(CHECK THE VIDEO IN THE FIRST POST)
Today I will get the 4 stars in Royal Guard and tomorrow the gear 8.
The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
It is a strategy using Royal Guard and Poe Dameron in the same team, with GS, IG-86 and Luminara.
(CHECK THE VIDEOS IN THE FIRST POST)
Maybe yes, because without cooldown GS will be the best character with a lot of difference with the others,a character that can inflict around 10K or 15K damage or more in every turn, so is too much, so maybe yes they will change it, but anyway GS will continue being essential.
Second, it makes me very sad when I see people spend a lot of time and energy attempting to provide helpful information for others only to be bashed or trolled for it. All that is accomplished is reducing the already scant amount of resources available. IMO the player base for this game is much more hostile than average and I'm not sure why. Even though the OP isn't completely 'correct' about some of the info in his post, I learned a good amount of info I had not known about prior.
Third, it's pointless arguing about the 'best' offensive squad in the current meta and especially considering the way squad arena works (AI defense). There is a power 'threshold' for squads where they should be winning close to 100% of the time and improving something on your team after reaching this threshold will just allow you to 'winmore'. For example I take 1st place most days of the week with the following squad: 6* QGJ (lead), 7*Sid, 7*GS, 7*Lumi (or 6*Daka), and 6*Yoda. Outside of really bad RNG I beat any opposing team comp. Upgrading QGJ or Daka to 7* or replacing someone with Rey or Dooku isn't going to increase my winrate or rewards (or fend someone off on defense). Sure it's fun to have the finest tuned squad possible, but people focus too much on this aspect of arena.
Fourth, competitive arena ranking comes down to time, timing and spending a few crystals on refreshes. Squads above the threshold I mentioned will be able to beat any other squad and 1st place will go to whoever correctly blocks before rewards go out. That's it. Personally I think that's lame, but as the person that usually takes 1st with an inferior squad to other players I should be grateful.
TLDR: Thanks for the in depth post, ignore the trolls, and keep providing us with info!
Is truth that a lot of different teams can get the rank 1, but there are some errors that must be avoided, as improve Phasma to 7 stars, improve Chewbacca, Talia, Jawa, Datcha, or get or improve characters in a incorrect order. So this guide is useful to know the correct way to get the rank 1 as soon as possible, because some errors can delay this objective.
Also is interesting to check different teams to see what is the best team to defend the rank, to lose the less possible positions during the night, if you only need 3 battles to get the rank #1 is better than if you need 10 battles.
For example, now I'm testing a team with Luminara (L), GS, IG-86, Poe and RG, using Royal Guard and Poe Dameron in the same team, to check if it's better in the attack, I think that it's better than Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, Poe and Kylo Ren, but also now I need check is also is better in the defense, at the moment it's the same to defend the rank. I will check replace Luminara by Rey after get she, and also replace Luminara by Resistance Pilot, that I will get the 7 stars and gear 8 very soon.
So a guide that include these experiments, already confirmed, it's a way to gain time and get the rank 1 as soon as possible.
For example, I have committed some errors in the beginning, as don't farm Geonosian Soldier in the Cantina nodes and farm Datcha to 4 stars, Jedi Consultar to 4 stars and Kylo Ren to 7 stars before farm GS, or also I got Phasma before get Poggle and IG-86, if I had had a guide like this I would not have committed these errors and my progress would have been faster.
So, with or without trolls, I will continue improving this guide to add more interesting knowledges that I consider that will be useful to accelerate the progress of the newbies.
If someone have some opinion to improve the guide, if it's written with respect, I will analyze it to add the contribution in the guide.
PD: More videos added in the first post about the strategy RG & Poe in the same team.
At the beginning, the players of Android receive Phasma and a First Order soldier, and the players or Apple receive Poe Dameron and a Resistance soldier, it was a promotion of december, I don't know if it's the same nowadays.
If you didn't receive Phasma, then is better use other characters and in the Galactic War shipments get Luminara, Poggle and IG-86.
I have only 3 dark side character and do not have a clue where to get more without paying. I almost farmed GS though so it should become easier soon.
Could you please clarify why should I get Poe Dameron first instead of QGJ which costs only 25 cantina tickets to get?
I have already Royal guard(red trooper) as a tank in my arena team so why should I need another before QGJ which every top 20 players have in my server?
At the beginning, you can prioritize the Light Side, because at the beginning you get for free Jedi Consular, Chewbacca, Jawa and another some character, as Clone Sergeant, an Ewok, etc., so it's easier make a team, and then with the Cantina shipments you can get GQJ of 4 stars if you want and then get Poe, you will need Poe in the Arena, because to use Royal Guard you need at least 4 stars and it's hard to farm, and if the opponent have Poe you also need Poe, a team with Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, IG-88 and Poe can win easy your team with QGJ, Lumi, GS, Royal Guard and IG-86, for example, because the Poe's taunt reduces a 25% the turn meter, so your Lumi, IG-86 and RG will play after the opponent characters, but if you have Poe you can go first and have enough time to kill IG-88 and IG-86 before the taunt of Poe, and then it's easy to win.
Also you can play with Poe and Royal Guard in the same team, my current team is Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, Poe and Royal Guard, for example. To play only with Royal Guard you need a good fast team, as Yoda, QGJ, Rey, GS, Dooku, for example play with QGJ (L), GS, Rey, Yoda and Royal Guard, but yo need time to farm Rey, Yoda or Dooku, and time to farm Royal Guard to 4 stars, it's more difficult farm Royal Guard if you can't buy shards of Royal Guard in the shipments or in the shards shop, with only 2 hard nodes (1-D LS and 5-F DS) you can get 2 shards per day, it is 35 days to get 4 stars, and you need arrive to the level 5 before, so it would be arround 40 or 45 days, so meanwhile you can use Poe.
SiD(in arena), Poe(in cantina), Royal guard, GS, Lumi(in GWars) or should I substitute Royal guard for another healer like Talia or Jedi Consular or may be damage dealer like Jawa?
There are two shard nodes for GC and Talia and none for Jawa though
The team that you said is good, then when you get Poggle you can replace Sidious and play with Poggle as leader, and when you get IG-86 you can replace Lumi. But Royal Guard needs 4 stars to be useful in the Arena, with 4 stars is better than Poe with 7 stars, with 3 stars maybe is useful in the TOP 100, but in the TOP 10 the minimum is 4 stars.
If you see that RG is not enough good tou use in the Arena, then you can use another characters as Jawa or Jedi Consular, but it is only in the beginning, very soon you will need replace these characters and put a better character, because Jawa and JC are not very useful in the Arena even if they have 7 stars.
Also a new video in the end about my galactic war:
(Check it in the first post)