Officer option to Assign specific factions+GP range on a selected territory

This is the first time i've been given a chance to coordinate a Territory War for my guild (spread defences, plan attack later on), and quite fast i encountered a very annoying thing where people ignore the notes on specific territories and just dump trash squads of 30-50k GP in the 2nd/3rd line of defence. I do understand the problem is the player, maybe remove him if he doesnt correct himself next time and so on... On the flip side I think it would be a great addition to the game, and guild Officers health to include options for selecting a Faction and GP range for a specific territory.
Thoughts?

Officer option to Assign specific factions+GP range on a selected territory 14 votes

Interested
71%
MajoreMikeCarbonarijhbuchholzRichfxxxOmegaIVThessaodai145DaPowerfulJediEdwardooZoiddHokas 10 votes
Not needed
28%
RavenclawsJDK82DuneFlintsndnichols 4 votes

Replies

• Interested
    Great idea, but would only work if the settings stopped people from ignoring the faction + GP requirements
  • Interested
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    Great idea, but would only work if the settings stopped people from ignoring the faction + GP requirements

It probably would not work like that. Out would probably allow anything to be set and result in a Rogue Action if it didn't meet criteria. That would better fit CGs stated desire to allow all players to do whatever they want with no limitations imposed by other players.

I like it either way.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    It's already there. It's called banners.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's an interesting idea, but due to earlier statments made by the dev team and the fact that it would then be possible to "limit someone out being able to place", anything like this would be optional and could be ignored anyway. Just like current "prohibited action".
  • Interested

jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Richfxxx wrote: »

It probably would not work like that. Out would probably allow anything to be set and result in a Rogue Action if it didn't meet criteria. That would better fit CGs stated desire to allow all players to do whatever they want with no limitations imposed by other players.

I like it either way.

I've been through a couple of guilds and only one (the current one) is acctually using Officer options to leave notes, as a tactic or guidelines to what should be put where.
    Waqui wrote: »
    It's already there. It's called banners.

you mean banners as in lets throw anything we got on to the board to earn more personal banners?
  • Interested
    Kyno wrote: »
    It's an interesting idea, but due to earlier statments made by the dev team and the fact that it would then be possible to "limit someone out being able to place", anything like this would be optional and could be ignored anyway. Just like current "prohibited action".

In a Casual Guild, yes, it would make some problems, but casuals dont have many (max) officers, in the end it could work just like the note system (adjustable at any time), no one would want to have half of their territories empty just because they themselves put limitations there in the first place. What it would prevent is lower GP players who maybe play casualy and end up in a Semi serious/serious guild and just F up TW's, by pouring gear 5-6 teams on the front lines.

In my opinion this should be an option, maybe after a guild reaches a certain amount of combined GP, because lets face it, if a guild is over 100mil for instance, cant really call it a casual one ... People in that guild would have played for a long time now, they know what they do, and it would simply help enforce the desired tactic instead of having 10 100k teams, and another 5 40k ones, cuz you know, those will be the ones who will strike fear into the hears of enemies the most ...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zoidd wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

In a Casual Guild, yes, it would make some problems, but casuals dont have many (max) officers, in the end it could work just like the note system (adjustable at any time), no one would want to have half of their territories empty just because they themselves put limitations there in the first place. What it would prevent is lower GP players who maybe play casualy and end up in a Semi serious/serious guild and just F up TW's, by pouring gear 5-6 teams on the front lines.

In my opinion this should be an option, maybe after a guild reaches a certain amount of combined GP, because lets face it, if a guild is over 100mil for instance, cant really call it a casual one ... People in that guild would have played for a long time now, they know what they do, and it would simply help enforce the desired tactic instead of having 10 100k teams, and another 5 40k ones, cuz you know, those will be the ones who will strike fear into the hears of enemies the most ...

They have a note field, which serves that purpose. Place your requirements there.

Either way, if they add this, it will be ignoreable, just like other limitations set by players. The dev team isnt looking into giving anyone control over someone else's game play.
  • Interested
    Personally, I'd love to be able to kick a team out of a defensive zone. So if someone misplaces a team, I boot the team.