FTF

Prev1
Fix the Falcon!

Every time I have to play against this nonsense of a ship it shows how lazy-designed, ridiculous, overpowered this ship is.

It can multiattack, target lock, dispel buffs and taunts, recover protection and health,...I mean Really!!! I guess it’s ok because it doesn’t shot lightning out of its rear to instakill the opponents capital ship (however I am sure CG already has that ability on their list for the next ship)

So please!!!! FTF!

PS: i don’t need somebody to tell me how they beat a HMF squad with Geo Spy and luck. This does not change any of the above.

Replies

• They already have that ability on Thrawn's special 😂
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Fix the Falcon!

Every time I have to play against this nonsense of a ship it shows how lazy-designed, ridiculous, overpowered this ship is.

It can multiattack, target lock, dispel buffs and taunts, recover protection and health,...I mean Really!!! I guess it’s ok because it doesn’t shot lightning out of its rear to instakill the opponents capital ship (however I am sure CG already has that ability on their list for the next ship)

So please!!!! FTF!

PS: i don’t need somebody to tell me how they beat a HMF squad with Geo Spy and luck. This does not change any of the above.

You can easily beat HMF with Cassian's U-Wing as a reinforcement. No luck needed.
  • Or ebon hawk to clear its buff then just kill it
  • not difficult to beat.. so no it doesn't need fixing, just need to have the right ships to beat it. Both Cassian and Ebon work perfectly.
  • not difficult to beat.. so no it doesn't need fixing, just need to have the right ships to beat it. Both Cassian and Ebon work perfectly.

Problem with this is RNG.

Example: you call in Cassian to reinforce. Clears buffs, can target buffless falcon. Best ability to use is the call assist one.
    This can either:
    1) call your ht to assist, hitting for like 8k in addition to cassians 30k. = 38k
    2) call your phantom to assist, hitting for 40k in addition to cassians 30k, plus maybe your own falcon assists for 40k, which calls another assist like ghost for 30k = 140k

140k wipes the enrmy falcon, but 38k does not.
    In the first case, you win the battle, but in the second, enemy falcon will put his buff back up, rehealinh what youve damaged, and youve basically used your most powerful reinforcement ability + abilizy of cassian, for a complete 0 damage.

That RNG factor is way too big.
  • if you have the Falcon, and you bring in Cassian, you clear their buffs, you call your Falcon with Cassian to assist every single time.. and it destroys the opponents Falcon..

Example: you call in Cassian to reinforce. Clears buffs, can target buffless falcon. Best ability to use is the call assist one.
    This can either:
    1) call your ht to assist, hitting for like 8k in addition to cassians 30k. = 38k
    2) call your phantom to assist, hitting for 40k in addition to cassians 30k, plus maybe your own falcon assists for 40k, which calls another assist like ghost for 30k = 140k

In the first case, you win the battle, but in the second, enemy falcon will put his buff back up, rehealinh what youve damaged, and youve basically used your most powerful reinforcement ability + abilizy of cassian, for a complete 0 damage.

This. And if you don’t have the Falcon yourself it’s even harder.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    if you have the Falcon, and you bring in Cassian, you clear their buffs, you call your Falcon with Cassian to assist every single time.. and it destroys the opponents Falcon..

facepalm....

problem with this thread is misinformation, or peoples opponents with g8 5* falcons....

sooo lollolabad
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    not difficult to beat.. so no it doesn't need fixing, just need to have the right ships to beat it. Both Cassian and Ebon work perfectly.

This can either:

This. And if you don’t have the Falcon yourself it’s even harder.

Yes...it's what a meta supposed to be....be better than the non-meta teams. You can still beat **** with geo team but just harder.

RNG is not a big deal if you have good enough pilots and ships....it's still there but not a factor 99% of the time.
  • grey_poonda
    122 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    My lineup: Thrawn + KRU, HT, Ani | Cass, Kylo Shuttle, Vader and Maul as reinforcements

I don't have Falcon and rely on Ani putting buff immunity on Hounds Tooth. That way if I still have breach on my ship after calling in Cassian I can still hit Falcon with Cass and KRU. The problem I have is if HT assists and clears the buff immunity then I got to try and use another tactic. I could still use Cass and KRU tandem but it probably won't take out HT. So it is a real RNG fest with the ships I have. Someday's it is easy cruising to 1st and sometimes not. Hate that I missed out on Falcon.

Edit: changed initials for Millennium Falcon and replaced with Falcon. Since the initials were censored.
  • FTF.... just saying
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Fix the Falcon!

So please!!!! FTF!

You can easily beat HMF with Cassian's U-Wing as a reinforcement. No luck needed.

You don't get to walk away with this. You make a claim that is highly doubtful. I have been using Cassian's U-wing for a while now, I win approximately 30-40% of the matches against falcon and that is only 5-6 star ones. I have never defeated a 7 star one. HT regains taunt when one of my ships is breached which happens way more often than not
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Play smart then with AA. If you get breached, use AA cleanse instead of Mass Attack. No Breach, no bonus Taunt. Bring Cassian in on Cap Ship turn 2 and bye bye Falcon.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Play smart then with AA. If you get breached, use AA cleanse instead of Mass Attack. No Breach, no bonus Taunt. Bring Cassian in on Cap Ship turn 2 and bye bye Falcon.

All that....if you’re lucky.

But again. That’s not the point here. I never claimed the Falcon cannot be beaten. I occasionally beat it if I get lucky.
    The point is that this ship is too overpowered.
    APX_919 wrote: »

But again. That’s not the point here. I never claimed the Falcon cannot be beaten. I occasionally beat it if I get lucky.

I think people miss the bigger picture all the time. Regardless of where a specific set up under some RNG can beat it or not, the fact is that the OP is right. The falcon is incredibly broken. It melts the best tank in the game without braking a sweat when all other ships struggle to do that. It's kit is overloaded with the most broken mechanics, being able to call up to another 3 ships to assist at once and it's untargetable, plus all the other things the OP mentioned.

I find it incredibly dishonest and ironing how the devs wanted to nerf HK's leadership ability because "it limits what they can add in the future". You don't think the falcon limits what ships can be added in the future? I'm sure it normally would but in this particular case they don't care. They don't care about fleet meta being broken.

I think people miss the bigger picture all the time. Regardless of where a specific set up under some RNG can beat it or not, the fact is that the OP is right. The falcon is incredibly broken. It melts the best tank in the game without braking a sweat when all other ships struggle to do that. It's kit is overloaded with the most broken mechanics, being able to call up to another 3 ships to assist at once and it's untargetable, plus all the other things the OP mentioned.

I find it incredibly dishonest and ironing how the devs wanted to nerf HK's leadership ability because "it limits what they can add in the future". You don't think the falcon limits what ships can be added in the future? I'm sure it normally would but in this particular case they don't care. They don't care about fleet meta being broken.

To be fair, that 'best tank in the game' is also broken.
    Biggs feels like a waterballoon next to a real tank, HT.

Powercreep is way out of hand at this point.
    Its all about spending lots of crystals (hoarded or bought) to get a mega op team, both in arena and fleet.
    No tactics, no strategy, no discoveries, no skill involved.

This
  • You all make good points. I have 5* HMF (please use this acronym, short and uncensored) and 7* HT.
    Before these two ships I would sometimes fall to low 20's high teens. Since I got them I have been in the teens a couple of times only. I have found that it's better to take 2nd than 1st as a lot of times when I come in the next evening I am still at 2, whereas if I go to 1 I may be at 6 or 8. I still have a lot of RNG dependancy, sometimes I can't make it to 2, other times I win against someone I just lost to.

TLDR;
    I think the arenas are WAY too RNG filled. Call it HMF.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Both arenas have always been RNG dependent. The difference now is that there are so many mirror squads.

That being said, once I refined my reinforcement order and tactics, I never lose when I'm playing offense, regardless if their Home One is faster (which I still don't get, but whatever) or if their HMF is 7* (mine is only 6).

If you don't have HMF, yeah, it's hard right now. Though there is one guy in my shard who still uses the Thrawn & Bugs setup. He always manages to get in top 5 during his PO.

I'll take the fleet arena right now over regular arena. At least fleet fights are over quicker.
  • Let’s be honest about the real problem here. There’s only one type of player that doesn’t have the falcon right now: the player that didn’t invest heavily in fleets. And that’s ok, not everyone likes fleets as much as everyone else. But to claim that “the falcon is overpowered” because you didn’t bother to diversify your fleet is a bit disingenuous. Yes, everyone that hangs out in the top portion of the fleet arena has a falcon. But you know what? Those are also the same people that have been there since before the falcon, because they spend a lot of their resources on their fleets. You can’t expect to win against teams that are made by players who focus on fleets when you don’t.

TLDR: if you don’t have the falcon and you’re having trouble beating it, it’s probably because your fleet as a whole isn’t as developed as the player you’re up against.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    No, let's be REAL honest....

The Falcon is to fleet what JKR is to squad arena. The developers pretty much mailed it in on creativity and balance and said "just give him everything".

That's CG's new MO - the single ship-dominant (or single character-dominant) meta. It's much easier for them to prescribe play and manipulate the meta to "encourage" repeat spending.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    It was the first legendary ship, of course it was going to be wildly overpowered. They have to make it worth the hassle to get.

I do find it a bit obnoxious that it's almost impossible to beat without your own Falcon/Rebel fleet though. I think its kit is fine, they just need to add a damage penalty to the insane number of assists it causes. I've had my Hound's Tooth instagibbed before which is just not reasonable.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Fix the Falcon!

So please!!!! FTF!

Wow someone's a freaking crybaby

This can either:

Why wouldn't you chose falcon on the assist? Sounds like you don't know crap
  • Dont fix the falcon just remove ships from the game
  • Let’s be honest about the real problem here. There’s only one type of player that doesn’t have the falcon right now: the player that didn’t invest heavily in fleets. And that’s ok, not everyone likes fleets as much as everyone else. But to claim that “the falcon is overpowered” because you didn’t bother to diversify your fleet is a bit disingenuous. Yes, everyone that hangs out in the top portion of the fleet arena has a falcon. But you know what? Those are also the same people that have been there since before the falcon, because they spend a lot of their resources on their fleets. You can’t expect to win against teams that are made by players who focus on fleets when you don’t.

TLDR: if you don’t have the falcon and you’re having trouble beating it, it’s probably because your fleet as a whole isn’t as developed as the player you’re up against.

Sorry, but you make no sense. If you read my post you would understand the difference between: “Falcon is too hard to beat” and “Falcon is overpowered”.

I don’t care if everybody or just you have the ship. It doesn’t change the ridiculous abilities of the ship. THAT is my criticism.

And my fleet is developed just fine. I am usually in the 20s. Sorry if you don’t get what “the real problem” here is.
  • Beast1985 wrote: »
    Fix the Falcon!

So please!!!! FTF!

Wow someone's a freaking crybaby

Wow... somebody finally made it to a top spot in fleet arena with a ship that requires no skill. Good for you!
  • Still needs to be fixed.

I cannot understand why CG is worried about causing some feedback loops with HK leadership and the Falcon triggers multi-attack triggers multi-attack triggers multi-attack...

Please nerf this abomination!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Let’s be honest about the real problem here. There’s only one type of player that doesn’t have the falcon right now: the player that didn’t invest heavily in fleets. And that’s ok, not everyone likes fleets as much as everyone else. But to claim that “the falcon is overpowered” because you didn’t bother to diversify your fleet is a bit disingenuous. Yes, everyone that hangs out in the top portion of the fleet arena has a falcon. But you know what? Those are also the same people that have been there since before the falcon, because they spend a lot of their resources on their fleets. You can’t expect to win against teams that are made by players who focus on fleets when you don’t.

Sorry, but you make no sense. If you read my post you would understand the difference between: “Falcon is too hard to beat” and “Falcon is overpowered”.

I don’t care if everybody or just you have the ship. It doesn’t change the ridiculous abilities of the ship. THAT is my criticism.

And my fleet is developed just fine. I am usually in the 20s. Sorry if you don’t get what “the real problem” here is.

You have said about 5 times already that this “needs to be fixed”. And I say no.

You’ve proven that you can beat the Falcon without using the Falcon. Other people did too. You’ve proven that the Falcon destroys HT, the ship that received many complaints for being OP. If the Falcon beats other OP characters and at the same time can be beat, then everything is working as it should. It is the current meta and therefore should have an advantage over every other ship makeup. And this is why it’s not OP: No matter how “crazy” the moves are, it can be beat without using your own Falcon. So yeah it’s okay and CG is 100% not going to “fix it”.
  • Again... that’s not the point.

Falcon should get nerfed. Either limit the multi-attacks/assists or the dispel. The way it is is just a joke.