POLL - Grand Arena Reward NERF

jayjonbeach
697 posts Member
edited March 2019
Okay I don't see the option to add a poll, that's okay this might be better to keep the thread going.

So CG adds 1 GA event per month from 2 to 3, and cuts the rewards in less than half.

Here is the poll, just reply with which option # below you would prefer they implement going forward:

POLL
(reply with option # you prefer)

1. I prefer 3 GA events per month with these reduced rewards

2. I prefer 2 GA events/month with the old rewards

3. I prefer 3 events/mth with a compromise on the rewards in between the old and new

4. I prefer 3 events/mth and think they should have left the rewards alone. (Keep in mind option 4 is not likely to happen given the extreme nerf they imposed).

For option 3, I would like to see: 1st - 2 Zeta (downgrade from 3), 2Omega, 35 gear salvage. 2nd - 1 Zeta, 1 Omega, 25 gear salvage. 3rd - 3Omega, 17 gear salvage. 4th 2Omega, 10 gear salvage. To me this is a reasonable compromise, unlike what they did.

Add it up CG. For 1st place, 2 GA events/mth x 3 Zeta = 6 Zeta. 3GA events x 2 Zeta = 6 Zeta. Was that hard? How the hell did we end up with ZERO Zeta seriously?

Gear numbers: 1st place 2GA events/mth = 100. Now 3GA events 1st = 70? Why? Why not closer to 100 like I proposed 105?

Replies

• This is the first GA with these rewards and there have been plenty which don't award zetas before (I think it's alternated?)

That said, these rewards are a joke. HALF a gear piece for proving yourself in CG's 'ultimate' PvP mode? I don't see why they had to nerf the gear rewards - God forbid we get *up to* an extra one piece of gear per month. Clearly that would throw off the balance of the game so much it'd become literally unplayable.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    5. GA with the least amount of teams, with actually good rewards to make up for the terrible timesuck/awful rewards GA's have now.

iirc the ones with ships don't give zetas. for deets see #5 above
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • This is the first GA with these rewards and there have been plenty which don't award zetas before (I think it's alternated?)

That said, these rewards are a joke. HALF a gear piece for proving yourself in CG's 'ultimate' PvP mode? I don't see why they had to nerf the gear rewards - God forbid we get *up to* an extra one piece of gear per month. Clearly that would throw off the balance of the game so much it'd become literally unplayable.

Ah, hopefully the Zetas will be back then, likely less than before, hopefully not less than what I proposed for option 3.

Still don't understand the gear nerf neither, if we go from 2 events to 3, why not have them add up to a similar total like we had before, like for 1st 100, why 70 now, dam nerfs

• The massive increase in slicing mats is apparently being ignored

The fact that its ships and we have gotten ship omegas when there is ships instead of zetas is being ignored.
  • The rewards are pretty bad as it is...I don't even know why I would participate if the rewards are cut in half.
  • Could just reflect different play styles, but for me slicing mats are potato compared to actual gear. I have a lot of toons at G11 because those are usually good enough when countering in TW/GA, and there's just not enough gear to go to all the teams I'm still missing. So mod slicing to 6E would set me back. I've done enough slicing for my arena team for now, maybe will do more someday, but gear is always needed.

But omegas vs zetas is not a new thing, yeah.
  • ArthurDent wrote: »
    Could just reflect different play styles, but for me slicing mats are potato compared to actual gear.

Word
    ArthurDent wrote: »

I am recalling this now, but really wonder why they give us alternating Omega vs Zeta, the Omega really has my incentive to put in effort in down combined with the lower gear amounts. They should just make it Zeta with an Omega here or there like my option 3 proposal, as many have said it is the ultimate test of a player, the Omega rewards are very underwhelming to me anyway

• ArthurDent wrote: »
    Could just reflect different play styles, but for me slicing mats are potato compared to actual gear.

Word
    ArthurDent wrote: »

I am recalling this now, but really wonder why they give us alternating Omega vs Zeta, the Omega really has my incentive to put in effort in down combined with the lower gear amounts. They should just make it Zeta with an Omega here or there like my option 3 proposal, as many have said it is the ultimate test of a player, the Omega rewards are very underwhelming to me anyway

GA events without ships reward zeta mats, whereas GA events with ships reward ship omegas and prestige. It's been like this since I was able to participate in GA. I don't recall that anything has been nerfed.
  • @Darth_DeVito Are you sure ship omegas? Maybe because I am in the lowest tier I am seeing something different than others, right now in the current GA 1st place gets 3 toon omegas (not ship). Last place gets 2 ship omegas.

As for the nerf, it seems to be mostly the gear, it went from 50 pieces to 25
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    They decreased the gear but increased the slicing mats. Not only for the final reward but per round too. It used to be 12 modulators per round. Now it’s 14. If you win all three rounds you get 42 instead of 36. That combined with the increased amplifiers and capacitors basically makes up for decreasing the gear from a full piece to a half. It basically just depends on whether you value gear more or 6 dot mods more. Overall I wouldn’t call it a nerf though since they took from one side and gave more on the other side. The zeta vs omega is a nonissue. Sometimes we get zetas, sometimes omegas.
  • @Darth_DeVito Are you sure ship omegas? Maybe because I am in the lowest tier I am seeing something different than others, right now in the current GA 1st place gets 3 toon omegas (not ship). Last place gets 2 ship omegas.

As for the nerf, it seems to be mostly the gear, it went from 50 pieces to 25

Sorry, you're right. It's regular omegas and ship omegas. Everyone gets the ship omegas though, which is why I remembered them I guess. The list of rewards is a bit confusing. Last place only gets those, while 1-7 get both omega types.
  • Sadly i would vote for 2. GA is my favorite thing in the whole game and the gear nerf hurts alot. They told to reduce the rewards but its obviously not fair calculated. Gear is cut in half but only 1 GA added, so theres missing a lot in total. I personally care less for the rest ( except zetas ) cause gear is everything. And especially GA is about developing a quality over quantity roster and now the most important but about this is shockingly reduced. :(
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    poll? lol
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Outside of Raids I find the GA to be the funnest objective based part of the game. In the GA so far I have always been in the top 4 but I have found it takes a lot of effort to constantly keep that going and the rewards should reflect the strategy (for most) GA matches. If anything though I thought they should have added more rather than removing it, at least for the upper tier of the matches.