Darth Revan delays

Replies

• I heard its pushed back because beta testing showed it could solo loop hstr p3
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    My point is that they did commit to a certain date, and then backed out. Which is not a good sign by itself, but taking in all the other facts about this release (jkr being too op, new faction, changes to a brand new character) to me this spells trouble. But we'll see I hope you guys are right that hes released on time, and wont break arena again. But at the moment nothing CG has done recently has me feeling optimistic...

depends on what you consider to be "breaking arena".
    For all we know the devs considered the JKR release a smashing success.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I can see breaking arena if it one 100% on full auto and timed out against mirror matches on offense and defense while winning all defense against every other team comp no matter the mods yes even 0 mods beating/timouts against 150+ speed
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    This is adorable. There's zero indication they're having trouble with his kit. Zero. Having adjusted the trailer could mean a number of things, but to me it feels like a measure to keep folks investing resources in Darth Revan. If folks think the event is coming on the 21st, they'll give up if they're not close. But having no set release date means they can expect those folks to keep investing. Which means, all said, it's in CG's best interests to keep the release date under wraps, for now.
  • Corrog wrote: »
    This is adorable. There's zero indication they're having trouble with his kit. Zero.

You mean aside from changing HK lead, changing Badstilla, changing deathmarked?
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Or if something happens with the testing and if they need to push a week they can without issues due to a release date given
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    What delays?

Based on previous legendary character releases, most players anticipated Darth Revan would be released this week. And the devs acknowledging that release date said that the release will probably be later.

they did not say probably, as you can see in the quote you added. they also said nothing about his kit or any to that effect, which they did mention last time.

this is also not legendary, and we still have 3 days until the date they gave, it couldn't be any earlier due to the schedule set by the release cadence.

do you mean his kit would be released this week? there is still time its only monday.

No, they didn't say anything about his kit, and they wouldn't even if it were true. This post is written with the assumption that if there was a problem with the character release, that they would not directly acknowledge it. That should be obvious. And what do you mean this is "not legendary" it seems pretty clear to most players that this is a legendary event, as marquee events dont require other characters to unlock. Are you unaware of that fact???

This is a Journey event, not legendary
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Or if something happens with the testing and if they need to push a week they can without issues due to a release date given

Ha! Testing!

Hilarious
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don't think it'll be delayed and should release by the 21st

Looks like they've already came up with a good JKR counter. I don't think the developers are too concerned with breaking the game. They like to apply bandages instead

Yea we'll see, my main point is that after over 6 months of preparation the fact that they are unsure about the release date is not a good sign. And a 1-2 week window, after advertising a march 21st release date is not an indicator that things are under control.

It seems you are making it not a good sign and using the lack of information to feed a rumor that you want to start.
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    Or if something happens with the testing and if they need to push a week they can without issues due to a release date given

Ha! Testing!

Hilarious

Hey could happen they found out zfinns rework cause a loop in p1 instead of p3 before releasing it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Palanthian wrote: »
    What delays?

Based on previous legendary character releases, most players anticipated Darth Revan would be released this week. And the devs acknowledging that release date said that the release will probably be later.

they did not say probably, as you can see in the quote you added. they also said nothing about his kit or any to that effect, which they did mention last time.

this is also not legendary, and we still have 3 days until the date they gave, it couldn't be any earlier due to the schedule set by the release cadence.

do you mean his kit would be released this week? there is still time its only monday.

You’re right, but it’s reasonable for us to expect a release on the 21st. The packs are always (no exceptions) released a week before the event starts for 14 days, timed to expire with the event. If they miss the 21st, it’s a delay, no matter which way they try to spin it.

It’s never happened before, hopefully it won’t happen this time either.

yes at that point we could cause it a delay, but since they stated the 21st may not be the official release date, then really they are only late, if they miss a date that they say is the release date.

So being late isnt a delay??? Unreal 😱

They are only late, if they say, its X date and miss it. That's the definition of late.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    mvmss wrote: »
    By the way, JKR's kit review happened 2 days before the event came live. If the event indeed launches on the 21st, we should expect his kit to be released today, March 19th, if the pattern repeats itself.

Absolutely that is the patter we have seen. This post was started a day before that, which would mean it's not being based on the pattern we have seen.

Also, if the event launch date end up not being the 21st, we may not see his kit until later, which would still follow the pattern, and still not represent "being late" or delayed.
  • Cant be late or delayed without a date or time for it to happen.

If i released a game and gave no timeframe for release but people assumed a date if it didnt happen that day dosent mean its late or delayed untill a date was given from the company.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    What delays?

You’re right, but it’s reasonable for us to expect a release on the 21st. The packs are always (no exceptions) released a week before the event starts for 14 days, timed to expire with the event. If they miss the 21st, it’s a delay, no matter which way they try to spin it.

yes at that point we could cause it a delay, but since they stated the 21st may not be the official release date, then really they are only late, if they miss a date that they say is the release date.

They are only late, if they say, its X date and miss it. That's the definition of late.

It's very difficult to say they didn't say it was the 21st, because they did, even though they later rectified that information and said it could or it could not be the 21st.

The fact remains that the video showed for everyone with at least 1 good eye the date: 21st. Latee, they said it could be the 21st of a week later. How can anyone deny this is beyond me.

DR is not a small launch. If the launch date is under possible delay, it's more than obvious that something is not right. That is not a speculation. It's a fact. And it's ok to take time to launch things properly while being transparent about it - which is what's being done.

Props to CG. Take your time, make things properly on the first time as often as possible. As a client, that's what I expect.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    What delays?

Cmon. We all know it was supposed to release on the 21st. Regardles of it being an official announcement or not. Which I'd figure a video released by ea is lol regarding the rest idk that that's WHY its delayed. Honestly I hope they get this right and makes future counters to revan and have 3 or 4 hard counter squads. They wont be able to fix this over night short of a nerf
  • Is this another "Final Warning" thread?
  • The video that had a release date could have been their video for in house but they forgot to edit the date out before it got revealed cause they might not wanted to be forced to a date just in case
  • Nonsense thread.
    There are a lot of things you can say about CG in terms of bad decisions, but a delay on Darth Revan is simply not true.
    Itll come when it come, and Ill surely pick it up day1.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    What delays? Anyone that’s worked for a large company knows that there is an approval process. Release dates probably have to be signed off by various levels of management. So if it was announced before going through those processes, it has to be redacted until it’s officially signed off on. In other words, everyone is covering their a$$ just in case. Nothing about a delay benefits them. In fact, we’ve even seen broken content be released. On 3/22 we can talk about so callled “delays”.

Lol, just answered this mirror comment on reddit.

Mirror comment to the equally stupid thread on Reddit. The same rumors were viral when JKR was released and he came out on time. Talk to me on 3/22.

Yea he came out on time.....and now look at the game. One team is over 90% of the meta, the game is broken. That's kinda my whole point....

Thats not relevant to delay vs on time.

You can debate the delivery quality post delivery but 90% meta doesnt mean late delivery.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I heard its pushed back because beta testing showed it could solo loop hstr p3

Hahhaha.

By all means we should nerf a zeta for that.... at random just for fun.

OT Stormtrooper... i choose you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    mvmss wrote: »
    What delays?

It's very difficult to say they didn't say it was the 21st, because they did, even though they later rectified that information and said it could or it could not be the 21st.

The fact remains that the video showed for everyone with at least 1 good eye the date: 21st. Latee, they said it could be the 21st of a week later. How can anyone deny this is beyond me.

DR is not a small launch. If the launch date is under possible delay, it's more than obvious that something is not right. That is not a speculation. It's a fact. And it's ok to take time to launch things properly while being transparent about it - which is what's being done.

Props to CG. Take your time, make things properly on the first time as often as possible. As a client, that's what I expect.

Mistakes happen and they promptly pulled it down saying it may be released on that date, but may be later. This makes it a fact that it could be the 21st, but that is not the official date.

We all expect and speculate it will be that date, but calling them late on our expectations doesn't make it late. It also doesn't mean something is wrong because they want to move things around.

We just had a big update and other events got moved. There are many reasons, or possible changes that they wanted time to look at and possibly implement.

They officially said it may be on a date or later, without an official date of launch it's really hard to call it late.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    What delays?

Don't they owe it to us to make a week early announcement of the exact date since that's what they've established?
  • They technically dont owe us a date no matter how bad u want it i framed like it was comming out 1 to 2 weeks ago
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No_Try wrote: »
    What delays?

Don't they owe it to us to make a week early announcement of the exact date since that's what they've established?

Which is what that announcement was. And by saying it could be the 21st, we have been given our notice. Even without making it an official date.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    They technically dont owe us a date no matter how bad u want it i framed like it was comming out 1 to 2 weeks ago

According to the release cadence they do owe us at least 1 week notice, which is what we got.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    What delays? Anyone that’s worked for a large company knows that there is an approval process. Release dates probably have to be signed off by various levels of management. So if it was announced before going through those processes, it has to be redacted until it’s officially signed off on. In other words, everyone is covering their a$$ just in case. Nothing about a delay benefits them. In fact, we’ve even seen broken content be released. On 3/22 we can talk about so callled “delays”.

Lol, just answered this mirror comment on reddit.

Mirror comment to the equally stupid thread on Reddit. The same rumors were viral when JKR was released and he came out on time. Talk to me on 3/22.

Yea he came out on time.....and now look at the game. One team is over 90% of the meta, the game is broken. That's kinda my whole point....

Thats not relevant to delay vs on time.

You can debate the delivery quality post delivery but 90% meta doesnt mean late delivery.

???? 😱
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    What delays?

Cmon. We all know it was supposed to release on the 21st. Regardles of it being an official announcement or not. Which I'd figure a video released by ea is lol regarding the rest idk that that's WHY its delayed. Honestly I hope they get this right and makes future counters to revan and have 3 or 4 hard counter squads. They wont be able to fix this over night short of a nerf

100% agree, I feel like 95% of people on this forum fake ignorance just so they can argue...
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Carries comments are completely hedging her bets, the packs are already out and scheduled to end the same time as the event, meaning the event should start Thursday.

Removing the date from the trailer is about not making any explicit promises, but they have no intentions of delaying the event unless they absolutely have to. It's really just basic logic
  • Just curious but have we ever given the thought that they are introducing Darth Malek? I mean, they've been working on Darth Revan since Jedi Revan. I actually wonder if it is due to them getting Darth Malek ready. Either by way of Marquee, or ship raid reward? Maybe they realized that they can' t keep throwing out quotes from him, and they didn't want to leave KOTOR like this without him are they?