Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don't think it'll be delayed and should release by the 21st

Looks like they've already came up with a good JKR counter. I don't think the developers are too concerned with breaking the game. They like to apply bandages instead

Yea we'll see, my main point is that after over 6 months of preparation the fact that they are unsure about the release date is not a good sign. And a 1-2 week window, after advertising a march 21st release date is not an indicator that things are under control.

@Kyno : "maybe i missed it where you say they were not prepared to release the event that the character is being released through."

Yes you clearly missed this...

@Nevet : "Kynomite with the mic drop lol" ... not exactly, way to jump on the troll train though, lol 😂

Again, sorry, I was just confused.
    Let me explain:
    Kyno wrote: »
    Now they are stating it has been delayed.

So now the premise of your speculation makes sense now. It still doesn't mean what you are stating it means. We have his kit. They are stating this is due to testing on the event.
    Now they are stating it has been delayed.

So now the premise of your speculation makes sense now. It still doesn't mean what you are stating it means. We have his kit. They are stating this is due to testing on the event.

???!!! I never said it did, I've been pretty clear that I am speculating. And my main point is they were not prepared to release this character, hence the delay. SMH
    But you opened this post guaranteeing and with such certainty that it did.
    I guarantee these delays are due to the fact that the devs are unable to find reasonable counters to Jedi Knight Revan. Its basically fact that JKR is the most ridiculously op character of all time, so much so that he has completely broken arena. And this fact is supported by the outrageous statistics, as JKR now has 90%+ of the meta. And the majority of the player base (even those with Revan) have been bored to death with the broken gameplay. I have been stating for a long time how dangerous for the game it was to create such a ridiculously op character, but no changes have been made. And now I am 99.9% sure that these Darth Revan delays are due to the fact that they are unable to create a serious counter to JKR without again breaking the game.

Any other thoughts on the delay?

You seem to be asking for "other thoughts " which I took to mean that those were the reasons you were speculating it was delayed. This lead to my confusion.
  • They can't? Just wait. Didn't you read DR's kit? From now on, unless they decide to get back to the beautiful game we all started years ago, every meta will be a specific counter of the previous one. They couldn't care less if the thing they release has no counters, that's just more revenue and more complaint to ignore. The delays are just due to testing. And I'd add that they are finally testing something. Mass refund requests for nerfs happening after the release can't be accepted when dealing with the biggest income source.
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    They delay Revan cause we will need g13+ to beat the event :DD
  • I devised a fool proof way to farm these heroes. Wait for them to come out, see how they do, then decide. Panic farming is just too risky. Qui-Gon said it best "There is always a bigger fish".
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    evoluza wrote: »
    Unable to find an reasonable counter...?
    SA gets on her second turn 120% offense, 50 crit dmg and her on bonus dmg for removed buffs. That basically one shots every character we have.
    They probably have to balance the Darth revan team, so he doesn't destroy every balance that is left...

JKR will ALWAYS go first, SA could easily get blasted out of the fight before it begins...

Plus you give yoda a chance to get stealth
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Doesnt appear to be kit related but rather journey tweaking

It's still speculation, which I have stated many times. Main point is all you people who said they've had this prepared for a long time are just straight up wrong.

Planned =/= prepared

They can have been planning this for 6 months and still not be prepared come release day.

Changes to software release dates are very common and most aren't considered delays. Having observed CGs behavior since your original post it is clear they missed their expectations on this and too much information had been released (pack timings, date slipped into video, kit reveal, no game update this week for the two reworks) to not consider this a slip at this point. This was not the case (some of these events had not yet occurred) when you posted so congratulations on your accurate prognostication.

However, you guaranteed it was because they couldn't find a counter to JKR. His kit was released on time so that doesn't seem to be the case.

One out of two. Not too bad.

"They can have been planning this for 6 months and still not be prepared come release day."

Um, yea which is why I argued they were unprepared... my god 😱
    But I dont think they planned for this.
    For the people saying they've been planning this for half a year, and got everything figured out; then why did they have to rework a character that is only a few months old SPECIFICALLY for DR???
    this release doesn't seem like it was planned well
    I Put the key points in bold for all of you out there, who tried to say CG had this event ready to go for months

You seem to reference planning a lot in making an argument about being unprepared. And I, in an admittedly quick review of the thread, didn't see anyone claim they've "had this event ready to go for months". Just that they've had a plan for it for months.

As for the wordiness, yeah... I guess it was a long way of saying that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Realistically you could make this post any time it is clear a new character is coming. I would be willing to bet the General Grievous rework did not get released on time, for example. Software is almost never delivered "on time." It almost always changes dates several times without the customer being aware. This was an exception in that the date changes were not handled well and the customer became aware.

Semantics! If they weren't "prepared" to realease him on time, then the release was obviously poorly planned; simple as that. This is also evidenced by what seems to be recent unplanned changes to Bastilla.

What changes were unplanned?

The part where they name DR in her skill? And give her greater synergy with DR as DR is added into the game? Which they did by not making any changes, only additions?

Seems quite well planned to me.

Dude additions are changes!.... 😱

I dont mean to be insulting, but is English your first language? I noticed your grammar, and syntax are consistently off in your posts.
  • May I suggest that before casting stones make sure your house isn't made of glass. A failure of comprehension doesn't mean the author is mistaken or flawed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

It's still speculation, which I have stated many times. Main point is all you people who said they've had this prepared for a long time are just straight up wrong.

Planned =/= prepared

They can have been planning this for 6 months and still not be prepared come release day.

Changes to software release dates are very common and most aren't considered delays. Having observed CGs behavior since your original post it is clear they missed their expectations on this and too much information had been released (pack timings, date slipped into video, kit reveal, no game update this week for the two reworks) to not consider this a slip at this point. This was not the case (some of these events had not yet occurred) when you posted so congratulations on your accurate prognostication.

However, you guaranteed it was because they couldn't find a counter to JKR. His kit was released on time so that doesn't seem to be the case.

"They can have been planning this for 6 months and still not be prepared come release day."

For the people saying they've been planning this for half a year, and got everything figured out; then why did they have to rework a character that is only a few months old SPECIFICALLY for DR???
    I Put the key points in bold for all of you out there, who tried to say CG had this event ready to go for months

You seem to reference planning a lot in making an argument about being unprepared. And I, in an admittedly quick review of the thread, didn't see anyone claim they've "had this event ready to go for months". Just that they've had a plan for it for months.

As for the wordiness, yeah... I guess it was a long way of saying that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Realistically you could make this post any time it is clear a new character is coming. I would be willing to bet the General Grievous rework did not get released on time, for example. Software is almost never delivered "on time." It almost always changes dates several times without the customer being aware. This was an exception in that the date changes were not handled well and the customer became aware.

Semantics! If they weren't "prepared" to realease him on time, then the release was obviously poorly planned; simple as that. This is also evidenced by what seems to be recent unplanned changes to Bastilla.

The part where they name DR in her skill? And give her greater synergy with DR as DR is added into the game? Which they did by not making any changes, only additions?

I dont mean to be insulting, but is English your first language? I noticed your grammar, and syntax are consistently off in your posts.

I will ask again, what changes were unplanned?

I am sorry, I should have expressed that differently, I meant change as in they take out, or remove something to replace it with something else.

They didnt, they built the kit with the opening all ready for this change to not give away too much about the upcoming releases.

Any other questions about who I am are not relevant to this discussion.
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Planned =/= prepared

Wow. You may not mean to be, but.... Wow.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Planned =/= prepared

I am sorry, I should have expressed that differently, I meant change as in they take out, or remove something to replace it with something else.

They didnt, they built the kit with the opening all ready for this change to not give away too much about the upcoming releases.

Idk man, you've been following me around over 5 different discussions now. I always put effort into being clear about my posts, so I can efficiently communicate my ideas with others. You always seem to get confused , and hung up on small arbitrary details. And I'm done running in circles with you, if you dont get it after reading all my posts (as you obviously have, evident by the fact you keep reposting them) then maybe this discussion is a little out of your depth...
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Planned =/= prepared

Idk man, you've been following me around over 5 different discussions now. I always put effort into being clear about my posts, so I can efficiently communicate my ideas with others. You always seem to get confused , and hung up on small arbitrary details. And I'm done running in circles with you, if you dont get it after reading all my posts (as you obviously have, evident by the fact you keep reposting them) then maybe this discussion is a little out of your depth...

Maybe after 9 pages of this, you should let it go. What are you trying to prove? That CG are incompetent? That they dropped the ball?

I think we all know that they missed their target date, since it was published (and retracted) and the pack dates were clearly set. If the already published kit doesn’t change, then the event was the only thing holding them back.

I’m as bummed as everyone else, and clearly they need to start building the next meta further in advance next time, but you’ve been obsessively hammering home your point in this thread as if you just found out who shot JFK.

You’re not due a prize if you prove your point, and insulting Kyno on a personal level is not how you intellectually win an argument. Maybe take a break now and put that energy into theorycrafting some OP DR squads.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Unable to find an reasonable counter...?
    SA gets on her second turn 120% offense, 50 crit dmg and her on bonus dmg for removed buffs. That basically one shots every character we have.
    They probably have to balance the Darth revan team, so he doesn't destroy every balance that is left...

JKR will ALWAYS go first, SA could easily get blasted out of the fight before it begins...

Plus you give yoda a chance to get stealth

Then Sa is done. The rest still kick ****.
    Do you know the dmg yet? No
    Assuming a character, build to beat Jedi revan, will not beat him is silly

Hk before ferocity only base stats should hit for 7k or so on his aoe for true dmg thats before the 100% against jedi 25% more dng against debuffed enemies and up towards 40-120% offense from ferocity for 5-15 stacks so hks aoe could straight up kill alot of jedi or severely cripple them with 1 hit cause it will hit 4 more times at 50% if everyone was debuffed so lwts say it hit for 10k for 1 time and 20k another for examples the 10k will do 10k+5k+5k+5k+5k=30k total at 20k it will be 20k+10k+10k+10k+10k=60k dmg to the whole team thats if it hits that hard could hit higher or lower depending on the variables like mods also
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Planned =/= prepared

this has to be one of the most arrogant comments i've ever read on this forum, lmao.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Planned =/= prepared

The only confusion I had was when you clearly stated you didnt say something, that you said 2 times in your OP, with high certainties and guarantees.

I honestly read a lot of posts and make very little effort to try and remember the poster, if you see me post on a comment it's more out of genuine interest on the topic, than anything to do with the person who brought it up.
  • Are people talking about cg Carrie's tweet saying it will be a difficult event somewhere? I am not seeing any discussion about it on the forums at all.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Are people talking about cg Carrie's tweet saying it will be a difficult event somewhere? I am not seeing any discussion about it on the forums at all.

The threads about it get moved and/or merged somewhere, so some reasonale discussion is near-impossible...
  • Nauros wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Are people talking about cg Carrie's tweet saying it will be a difficult event somewhere? I am not seeing any discussion about it on the forums at all.

The threads about it get moved and/or merged somewhere, so some reasonale discussion is near-impossible...

That sucks. Oh well it being very difficult means I will miss out this time. I have carth and fbs at g11 but the rest are like g7/8 and they all need caribantis or stun guns so there is no way to get them up fast.
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Planned =/= prepared

Almost like hes a moderator and
    1. Thus is his job
    2. Hes trying to help you
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."