Does Sidious' deathstroke healing immunity last too long?

Robert
150 posts Member
edited March 2016
Sidious' lvl 7 deathstroke healing immunity lasts for 3 rounds.

Does Sidious' deathstroke healing immunity last too long? 84 votes

YES
46%
MilkNudderscosmicturtle333Preemo_MaginGold_LeaderFantazyShadowHoundRogan_Ban84Sekuunit900000Mofojokers1992hnewtonNaurosSterlingKCectonQuicksilverDarthVaporinfectiouszombieKaseasEleiemJumbuckJedi 39 votes
NO
53%
scubaGenakumaBarrokBentWookieeMittensNutteralexfive2zeroPlague_IncFoojJiggywiggyZenSmithieWillkimm98ShenzorPlasmajHeisenDrukaInternetSwagJ0K3RYGB 45 votes

Replies

• Robert
    150 posts Member
    YES
    I don't want a nerf but I hate his healing immunity. I find myself structuring most every battle to defend against him. There should be more flexibly in the system so it's not all about 2 or 3 toons.
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    YES
    Also it triggers from his regular attack. Maybe it should trigger on one of his more rare attacks, although that would be a nerf I guess.
  • YES
    tbh since matches are so short in this game 3 rounds does seem too much imo.

luckily AI starts off with Sid Aoe which isn't a problem, then he does his main attack if he is still alive, and the healing immunity does get resisted quite a lot

I don't think Sid is OP by any stretch, but 3 rounds for any effect in this game seems too much
  • The match is usually over in the 4th round. Just a bit of clean up. I agree that 3 rounds of healing immunity is a bit much, but honestly making it 2 rounds really wouldnt change much. There are ways around the heal immunity that are effective, and it really only causes a problem in GW when you need to heal before the next fight.
  • NO
    Not anymore since Yoda is an easy counter.
  • YES
    It would be fine if Akbar worked correctly and dispelled it.
  • YES

How is Yoda a counter?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    NO

How is Yoda a counter?

Yoda tenacity buff with Battle Med. prior to Sid going. Nothing sticks.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    NO
    Robert wrote: »
    I don't want a nerf but I hate his healing immunity. I find myself structuring most every battle to defend against him. There should be more flexibly in the system so it's not all about 2 or 3 toons.

You don't want to nerf...and then explain why you want to nerf.

Sorry, no. He's balanced and is a decent character.

Heck, in arena, he's not even in the top 5 of targets. Is it annoying? Yes. Can you work around it? Yep.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • YES
    Yes, but only because right now, Barriss is the only workaround. If dispel functions worked properly, then we would have sufficient options to counter and balance would be restored.
  • NO
    As someone who no longer uses Sid and gets annoyed by him often, no it should remain the way it is. Sid is fine and needs no adjustments.
  • NO
    As someone who no longer uses Sid and gets annoyed by him often, no it should remain the way it is. Sid is fine and needs no adjustments.
  • YES
    Robert wrote: »

I think it last too long. Basically applies to entire battle, both dots and H.I

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    NO
    Yes, but only because right now, Barriss is the only workaround. If dispel functions worked properly, then we would have sufficient options to counter and balance would be restored.

*sigh* That effect IS his balance. That's like saying Dooku would be balanced if we just took away his counters or Lumi would be balanced if we took away her massive heal + heal over time, or Rey would be balanced if we took away her multi-attack. Each character is unique - and that's what makes the game fun.

Here's some other "workarounds" aside from Barris:

Kill Sid. Or survive the battle without needing to heal the one toon he dropped it on. Or build up tenacity so it doesn't stick. Have Daka and let the unhealable die - then rez.

Look at the poll about what characters people avoid in Arena. HINT: Sid aint in the top 5 in the voting. Why? Because he's balanced.

• NO
    You people complain about everything.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    YES
    100% chance, basic attack and 3 rounds? Definitey too much.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    NO
    In arena, he will usually aoe first, so his heal debuff will only show up if he gets called as an assist. I don't run a healer, so I can care less if he applies it. There are other threats that should be dealt with before Sid anyhow: FOTP, Rey, Daka, QGJ, GS, poggle, droids, etc. By his second turn, even if he applies the immunity, 3 of his mates are dead if you have a fast, high damaging team. I actually enjoy Sid teams since he's easily countered and ignored. As mentioned before, his debuff is only a problem in GW when you need to heal before the next round. And that's only when you have to deal with other threats before he can apply it.
  • NO
    It is only annoying in GW. In the arena it doesn't matter. I'm not wasting one of my few turns on a heal any way
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    godgiven45 wrote: »
    It is only annoying in GW. In the arena it doesn't matter. I'm not wasting one of my few turns on a heal any way

This.
  • YES
    Yes, it would be nice if it was random - between 1-3 turns.

Basically my answer is yes, it lasts too long but I'm happy with it the way it is as you have to adapt your matches to it, especially if sid gets a few assists in GW
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • YES
    It should be changed just in GW
  • NO
    Last it too long? nope. In arena it dosnt matter (matches too fast). In GW it dosnt matter (matches too long). np.
  • NO
    The problem is that Sid is everywhere in GW, because he's the first person new players farm in arena shipments.

Naturally more players join, more Sid shows up.

If there were other viable options in arena shipments the problem would be alleviated.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    NO
    I never had problem clearing GW as f2p, even with Sid being in 9/10 enemy teams. If you have problem because of SId, then sorry, this game is not for you. You might want to try something easier.
  • YES
    Only because he is every in GW.

Three turns could mean losing a top tier character early in your run.
  • YES
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

*sigh* That effect IS his balance. That's like saying Dooku would be balanced if we just took away his counters or Lumi would be balanced if we took away her massive heal + heal over time, or Rey would be balanced if we took away her multi-attack. Each character is unique - and that's what makes the game fun.

Here's some other "workarounds" aside from Barris:

Kill Sid. Or survive the battle without needing to heal the one toon he dropped it on. Or build up tenacity so it doesn't stick. Have Daka and let the unhealable die - then rez.

Look at the poll about what characters people avoid in Arena. HINT: Sid aint in the top 5 in the voting. Why? Because he's balanced.

*sigh*?

First, please get over yourself. Next, read what I wrote. I said yes only because it it bugged, therefore not balanced.

I have read the avoidance poll. I don't avoid Sid, ever. But again, I think three turns is too long if only one person can dispel the effect. No other debuff does that. If the bug is fixed, I'll change my vote.

Oh, and build up tenacity? Since we can't customize toons and some toons have low tenacity, your point is moot.