Please Listen. I Timed The Timesuck Today, It's Out Of Control:

124Next

Replies

• Options
    11 up to 21 is the main time consumer and yes that can take a while. (Or not, if like 'most' people the just ignore it)

But the basic wake up run around of energy spend, challenges, gw, and shop can be cleaned up in 15 minutes. (Challanges making it 15 minutes)

Arena is an 1- 2 hours depending or maybe 3 if your put to high up. But that's only if you care to push back for 1st.

So while yea some stuff takes ages. That's mostly all the competitive stuff. Which I personally don't mind. Since its spread out over 12 hours I don't notice it taking very long apart from arena which I do while doing other things.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Lio wrote: »
    It'd take me 20-30 minutes to do all the basic stuff, excluding events. I don't do it that way as I like stuff to do whenever I get my bonus energies, but I can do it that way.

Can I ask why? Takes me about 2 minutes to complete basic activities minus arena which is at most another 10 minutes. How is it taking you guys a half hour?

I wanna know this too. I takes me 2 minutes in the morning to clear the basic activities. Are these guys playing SWGOH on an old flip phone? Or they on dial-up?

how does it take you 2 min when there is a cooldown between challenges? none of you are making any sense. Or do you just do one thing edit: to get the completion?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »
    It'd take me 20-30 minutes to do all the basic stuff, excluding events. I don't do it that way as I like stuff to do whenever I get my bonus energies, but I can do it that way.

Can I ask why? Takes me about 2 minutes to complete basic activities minus arena which is at most another 10 minutes. How is it taking you guys a half hour?

I wanna know this too. I takes me 2 minutes in the morning to clear the basic activities. Are these guys playing SWGOH on an old flip phone? Or they on dial-up?

how does it take you 2 min when there is a cooldown between challenges? none of you are making any sense. Or do you just do one thing edit: to get the completion?

to complete your dailies...you only need 2 challenges. If you want to complete the rest...you can come back later. You can also do other things in between. For example:

Hit challenges (wait 2 minutes for cooldown)
    Do GW
    Pull card
    Buy stuff from shop
    Hit challenges again (fleet done...regular challenge 2 of 5)
    Do fleet node
    Do mod energy
    Check arena ranking/fleet ranking/TW/GA etc.
    Hit challenges again (reg challenge 3 of 5)

I usually then wait until guild reset to do my regular energy and cantina energy...which means the remaining two challenges are done.

In total...I spent like 5-10 minutes.

You can also come back later in the day to hit the challenges.

My question is how much time does it take you to do those things?

I put down like 6 TW teams in like 5 minutes...already preloaded teams.

Same for GA...more time for 3v3 but about 5 to 10 minutes.
  • Options
    And if you are a 4 mil gp player..you should know that it was a lot worse before the previous QoL when the cooldowns were 5 minutes and you couldn't sim GW.
  • Options
    It's crazy if it took you this long (you can sim all the PVE dailies in a few minutes), but I for one LOVE having content to continuously play on when I have downtime.

When they deluged us with events over the holiday season was an amazing time to be playing.
  • Options
    Also, FYI, if you take advantage of the squad management tools, setting defenses in GA or TW is really a few second investment each time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Options
    . Can anyone answer why CG seems to think us clicking and coming back multiple times a day for stuff makes them money? If someone misses a store change they're more likely to buy gear? or same same with energy? I dunno, like I said I would probably end up spending if all the mindless clicking was done all at once/quicker

Everything in this game and games like it are a measure of time, and $$ = time.

Yes to some extent (I would imagine some data somewhere shows this) that players that spend more time in game are more likely to spend some money. But you also have think of it this way, they are rewarding the players who do these things vs the ones who don't.

Veteran F2P who has been committed to getting energy and hitting the stores more often than not is going to be further along than any more causal player.
  • Darthsm
    56 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I get dailies done in the time it takes to refresh the arena once. If theres an event, maybe 5-10mins more. All in all you can be done 98% of stuff in less than half hour most days.
  • Options
    A breakdown of time for each individual task might be helpful for our understanding where you are coming from/ falling down.

Also, not immediately telling anyone who disagrees with your point that they are incorrect would help. We are trying to help you with the struggles you are having, but being receptive to advice will go a long way here.
  • Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    @Gifafi, I've asked twice now for a detailed breakdown of how long each individual task takes you and not just your grand total.
    Consider this a third time of asking, please.

I spent a loooong time yesterday timing this and typing the op, not going to break it down per click or event. I tried to break it down between "normal" everyday clicking, and raids/etc. I'd love it if anyone would like to actually time their day, and with a breakdown would be great, I agree.
    Mikek wrote: »
    If you want to spend less time in the game, why don't you just play it less?

derp.I want to play it more, and spend less time. see above for deets

I always complete the daily tasks and I think its not even 30 minutes. May take a tad longer if you have no energy but not long at all.

It's literally impossible to sit down and do all dailies in 30m. Anyone who can prove me wrong gets 1000 internet points

Not to take away from your point or this thread, but it is possible to do all dailies in less than 30 minutes. I know a few people that do (although I wonder why they play the game).

I do all of my non-arena dailies in roughly 15 minutes. If I start a squad arena before doing others, retreat immediately, do other dailies, start fleet battle and retreat, and then do last squad arena and retreat, I could finish in 15-20 minutes.

Again, I don’t agree with this approach, but it is possible and I know people that do it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    And if you are a 4 mil gp player..you should know that it was a lot worse before the previous QoL when the cooldowns were 5 minutes and you couldn't sim GW.

yes of course. I just want more in that direction. the rancor sim is a step in the right direction
    Kyno wrote: »
    . Can anyone answer why CG seems to think us clicking and coming back multiple times a day for stuff makes them money? If someone misses a store change they're more likely to buy gear? or same same with energy? I dunno, like I said I would probably end up spending if all the mindless clicking was done all at once/quicker

Everything in this game and games like it are a measure of time, and $$ = time.

Yes to some extent (I would imagine some data somewhere shows this) that players that spend more time in game are more likely to spend some money. But you also have think of it this way, they are rewarding the players who do these things vs the ones who don't.

Veteran F2P who has been committed to getting energy and hitting the stores more often than not is going to be further along than any more causal player.

Yeah, I get that about the logging in for store changes/energy refills. I shouldn't have mentioned those, this thread has twisted on me lol. And I can see them seeing the correlation between time/money. I do think if we were able to sim everything we've done 1000 times they would have a clearer picture of the time/money correlation, if you see what I mean. Some would do it and get out, others would do it and then want to do more gear/shard grinding, which would mean more $. idk, that just makes sense to me

and Kyno, pleeeeease tell them to-err-ask them to change the slider back. It's the worst QOL I've ever seen. At least give us the option to pick. It's more important than my dump op!
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Yeah, I get that about the logging in for store changes/energy refills. I shouldn't have mentioned those, this thread has twisted on me lol. And I can see them seeing the correlation between time/money. I do think if we were able to sim everything we've done 1000 times they would have a clearer picture of the time/money correlation, if you see what I mean. Some would do it and get out, others would do it and then want to do more gear/shard grinding, which would mean more $. idk, that just makes sense to me

and Kyno, pleeeeease tell them to-err-ask them to change the slider back. It's the worst QOL I've ever seen. At least give us the option to pick. It's more important than my dump op!

I am not quite understanding your point. There is very little actual active grinding in this game...everything is basically siming and saving...alternatively, you can spend to cut down on gearing time.

I actually love this game because I hated the crop harvesting/treasure check aspect to the game...that literally forces you to log in to advance in the game. Here, you are behind a little if you don't check in for your energy but it doesn't materially block your progress.

The arena/ship battle times are the only true hard deadlines in this games and with the ability to move them, it is not nearly as much of an issue as before.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

I am not quite understanding your point. There is very little actual active grinding in this game...everything is basically siming and saving...alternatively, you can spend to cut down on gearing time.

I actually love this game because I hated the crop harvesting/treasure check aspect to the game...that literally forces you to log in to advance in the game. Here, you are behind a little if you don't check in for your energy but it doesn't materially block your progress.

The arena/ship battle times are the only true hard deadlines in this games and with the ability to move them, it is not nearly as much of an issue as before.

I agree with all of this. There's a lot we still can't sim tho, which was the point I guess I was trying to make. there's many events we have to either play thru or auto. My presupposition is that if we could sim those things, we would spend more on grinding gear/shards. As Kyno pointed out, their stats show that time = money. I'm saying that if those things were simmed, that same idea would work, those of us who spend more time probably spend more, and CG would also get a better picture of the time/money stats. Idk how broken down their stats are, so who knows, but that's my guess

and the forced max slider is the worst thing ever. my whole guild agrees, they just don't post here
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

I agree with all of this. There's a lot we still can't sim tho, which was the point I guess I was trying to make. there's many events we have to either play thru or auto. My presupposition is that if we could sim those things, we would spend more on grinding gear/shards. As Kyno pointed out, their stats show that time = money. I'm saying that if those things were simmed, that same idea would work, those of us who spend more time probably spend more, and CG would also get a better picture of the time/money stats. Idk how broken down their stats are, so who knows, but that's my guess

and the forced max slider is the worst thing ever. my whole guild agrees, they just don't post here

Auto is pretty darn close to siming. I can auto the rebel special mission now and I just hit auto and come back a few minutes later. My phone is on but I don't need to be there.

The cooldowns for arena are definitely there to get you to spend crystal but honestly, most people spend money on gear and farming shards...whales/kraken spend it on characters ASAP. Kraken don't actually care about the crystals from payout...TW and GA means a lot more to them.
  • Gannon
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    It's literally impossible to sit down and do all dailies in 30m. Anyone who can prove me wrong gets 1000 internet points

Oh. You're trolling. You managed to keep the hoax going a while which is what most trolls are trying to do so well done, I guess. But it's obvious now

I'm going to ignore everyone with only a few posts from now on (bc lol), but I'll answer you:

prove me wrong. I mean, maybe it's possible. I was including events in my times, iirc. if someone only does challenges, 2 arena, 1 ship, plus their 600 it could be possible.

arguing about 30m or 40m or w/e is missing the point tho. Can anyone answer why CG seems to think us clicking and coming back multiple times a day for stuff makes them money? If someone misses a store change they're more likely to buy gear? or same same with energy? I dunno, like I said I would probably end up spending if all the mindless clicking was done all at once/quicker

Daily challenges:
    GW: 5 seconds
    Challenges: 10 seconds (5 for fleet 5 for regular)
    Regular energy: 5 to 15 seconds
    Cantina energy: 5 seconds
    Mod energy: 5 seconds
    Data card: 10 seconds
    Buying three things from stores: 1 minutes (it actually takes like 15 second just to buy the cheap credit gear but I give it a minute for one to browse).
    Fleet arena: 3-5 minutes (you can literally go into battle and then retreat and get credit though)
    PvP arena: 5-15 minutes (same as above and including wait time)

How does that go beyond 30 minutes?

This!
    Plus..
    Daily events can be simmed put placed on auto, and rarely take over five minutes.
    Even if you decide to use all arena attempts, you won't be sitting there watching the timer go down, you come back later.
    Raids take like ten minutes also if you have a decent guild. Get one good run in and call it a day if you hate playing that much.

I think you're missing that after the five minutes of daily activities, the rest is pretty much optional. I do everything, but you can survive missing things if you can't do em.
    I'm hoping they add like two more hours of optional daily activities. 😂
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I dont track my time in game. I'm sure its more than "I should" play on my phone, but thats why i dont track it :wink:

I think we can all agree we dont want a time sink, there is a reason i dont play games that are just do set something up to watch a timer move. I dont feel like this game is too much of a time sink and i can say honestly that one of the best times in recent memory of playing the game was the 2 weeks with a bunch of events.

all the things in this game leave a lot of time open to do them, even the 2 hours to collect energy. i can usualy set myself up for the day each morning, hit arenas at lunch and finish my climb here and there maybe during work or just after. it works for me, but thats not everyone.
  • Options
    I dont track my time in game. I'm sure its more than "I should" play on my phone, but thats why i dont track it :wink:

svbelc6j1agf.jpg

atd6f7hmw359.jpg

• Options

I don't have proof on hand, but I did every daily task ( LS, DS, CANT, Store, GW, MOD, Challenges, Squad Arena x2, Ship challenge, Ship Battle, Ship Arena), even checked the stores, bought a few things, and it all took about 15 minutes, maybe 18 at most. You seem to think that all of us that say we do dailies in less than 30 minutes are lying or trolling you. In fact, we are just confused how it takes you more than 30 minutes to do dailies when you say you sim everything. Yeah, events, raids, additional arena battles, etc can take a good bit of time. I am not trying to rip on you right now, it is just I literally do not see why you think it impossible to complete dailies in less than 30 minutes.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    Forumites, c'mon. Why is this thread still getting replies? The OP is *clearly* trolling. He's trying to claim that the Daily Quests take 30 minutes even though he can apparently SIM everything including Galactic War. This is so obviously not true. Let's just ignore him.
  • Options
    Pacelay wrote: »
    Dump sone money into the game & advance fast that'll stop ur ****...or deal with it. Must b a millennial

No, he's trolling. He claims he can SIM everything including Galactic War but completing all Daily Quests takes over half an hour. He's winding people up. Ignore him.

OP is trolling. This is excellent troll-craftmanship. IIRC it was almost a year and half ago Carrie even mentioned that they were taking into account that most players finish all their dailies "in a tight 5 minutes". I log in and complete all my dailies in the morning before my eyes are even acclamated to being open.

OP did a great job. Just stop feeding the trolls people.
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah op must be doing something wrong. Only takes me about 30 min to run through everything in the morning.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

I think we can all agree we dont want a time sink, there is a reason i dont play games that are just do set something up to watch a timer move. I dont feel like this game is too much of a time sink and i can say honestly that one of the best times in recent memory of playing the game was the 2 weeks with a bunch of events.

oh god......This X 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I love how people keep responding with "I do everything in the morning while drinking coffee!" when they mean the bare minimum. Not what was meant by dailies. add up all the things you have to do to fully play the game and then tell me more about 10-30 minutes lol. seems legit. more arena if you want to be competitive, ships too (no, not you 1 battle to get a checkmark), events/raids/tw/ga/tb/etc. just lol

one guy itt gets it, the rest are n00bs, trolls, and Kyno. smh
  • Options
    I love how people keep responding with "I do everything in the morning while drinking coffee!" when they mean the bare minimum. Not what was meant by dailies. add up all the things you have to do to fully play the game and then tell me more about 10-30 minutes lol. seems legit. more arena if you want to be competitive, ships too (no, not you 1 battle to get a checkmark), events/raids/tw/ga/tb/etc. just lol

You must pay the troll toll.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I think what some others are saying is that you can cut down on the time spend ingame quite a bit if you don't try to do it all. Also it seems like you're spending too much time on the bare minimum activities.
    If you don't want to spend so much time ingame, it's easier to adjust the way you play than try to get the devs to change the game to suit your needs more closely.
    That being said, the devs are continually monitoring time spend ingame and actually agree with you as is evident by some of their choices dating back quite a while now like being able to sim challenges for example aswell as more recent changes like sim-able rancor.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

What the heck? You are the one who mentioned dailies and then challenged people to show you that those could be done in 30 minutes...90% of the posters told you it is easily done in 30 minutes.

As for the rest of the game...that depends on the event.

Rancor can be autoed in like 5 minutes
    HAAT can be auto'd but takes a lot longer (not worth it IMO)
    HSR can be done in like 5 minute spurts...total about 10 to 15 minutes.
    TW and GA set up take like 5 to 10 minutes
    TW and GA battles vary but let's say 15 to 25 minutes each.
    Arena varies depending on the number of battles but probably 30 to 45 minutes total.
    Fleet same 30 to 45 minutes.

So if you want to including everything...maybe 2 hours but that's a seriously packed day and again can be done within a 24 hour period of time.
  • Options

What the heck? You are the one who mentioned dailies and then challenged people to show you that those could be done in 30 minutes...90% of the posters told you it is easily done in 30 minutes.

Arena varies depending on the number of battles but probably 30 to 45 minutes total.

So if you want to including everything...maybe 2 hours but that's a seriously packed day and again can be done within a 24 hour period of time.

You should probably ask him what he meant by “dailies.” Everyone seems to be making assumptions of what people are talking about and then getting flared up at the comments that were made. I’m pretty sure by “dailies” he means “everything that needs to be done in a day to stay competitive.” For example, if your guild is running Hpit in one day, you could join and get whatever prizes you get, but by setting aside time to log on and auto the raid, you can get better rewards.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

You should probably ask him what he meant by “dailies.” Everyone seems to be making assumptions of what people are talking about and then getting flared up at the comments that were made. I’m pretty sure by “dailies” he means “everything that needs to be done in a day to stay competitive.” For example, if your guild is running Hpit in one day, you could join and get whatever prizes you get, but by setting aside time to log on and auto the raid, you can get better rewards.

this. I've tried to explain, but w/e.