Does filling all available gear 12 slots even matter?

So I recently completed my bossk to max gear 12 filling every slot except for the one we cant access right now. Despite this i would have assumed that it would have some slightly greater impact on his performance since most of the gear can only be farmed from heroic sith raid. However i haven't seen much overall improvement as of yet. Is it even worth the trouble of filling all the gear slots or is it just a lost cause?

Replies

• Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    The impact is a lot less than it seems like it "should" be, because mods don't count stats on gear that hasn't been "absorbed" yet when calculating their bonuses. They still add a lot of stats though - you'd definitely notice if you were to take them all off at once. They still affect the character's ship, too.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Yes...it matters..not as much as it did before g12+ but still matters
  • Most people say that there are 3 of the g12 slots you should equip. Usually 6000 HP and 6 speed ones
  • Kinda depends what you're using them for. I added a G12+ piece (one of the harder-to-get ones, with +6 speed) to my CLS, and it let me use that squad to take on the 324 and 326 speed Revans in my arena, since before that, my CLS wasn't quite fast enough to go before them. They'll only make your characters better, and you'll be more prepared for G13.
  • If it's you're arena team, yes.
  • If he’s in your fleet arena team, yes.
  • Depends on the toon being used. But yes it matters, especially for your arena squad. Those extra 6k health and plus 12 speed/w2k extra health really matters.
  • EdSolo
    411 posts Member
    I only have 30 g12 toons, but I only have 7 unfilled slots on those for the first 3 pieces on the left. Conversely I only have 3 of what are considered the g12+ pieces, the ones with the +6 speed attached to them. I would say of the pieces on the left hand column, the Mk12 Multi-tool is probably the best piece. At this point, I buy any of the gear I need in the store as it shows up. I figure fill up all the left hand slots and then concentrate on the g12+ pieces.