Can we pls stop this KOTOR content.

Ok maybe a bit biased because of my hatred for Revan (and probably Darth Revan) but when can we expect roughly to move on to film trilogy content (you know like Mustafar Obi or a good ani or even more og content). I didn't play KOTOR and I understand people might like it, but cmon it's been like a year of mainly KOTOR/whatever Traya is (dont get me wrong 3PO and Chewie give me wet dreams so I appreciate those beasts but more small characters (**** it. jar jar) would be cool).

Replies

• I hope we get it for the rest of the year just so you guys can make 100s of the these posts every day about it.
  • Kotor and any other eras besides the movies is great
  • We got Jango. We got Bossk. We got Chewie. We got C3Po.

Be happy with it.

Why take away the fun for people who prefer kotor?
  • As numerous others have said, I await the day eagerly when Jar-Jar comes to the game, solely so that I can beat him over, and over, and over, and over. But in all serious, as someone who grew up loving the KoToR games, even I must say that this is getting pretty aggravating to have. The game itself is fun, a lot of the characters that they have brought to SWGOH are just like themselves in the KoToR games, but JKR (an soon to be Dark Side Revan) are extreme. No other way to say it. The fact that over 90% of the top teams in the various arena shards are JKR lead teams is enough proof about that. Again, I love the KoToR games, so don't say that I am anti-KoToR, and am just upset because of these teams being the best, but what I am upset about is that these have been the only teams that we see in arena anymore, and there is nothing we can do about it until the new best no-KoToR team comes to the game. I think it is time for the brakes to be pumped on the KoToR train. Maybe we can revisit it in a year or so, but its time to have a good change.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    As numerous others have said, I await the day eagerly when Jar-Jar comes to the game, solely so that I can beat him over, and over, and over, and over. But in all serious, as someone who grew up loving the KoToR games, even I must say that this is getting pretty aggravating to have. The game itself is fun, a lot of the characters that they have brought to SWGOH are just like themselves in the KoToR games, but JKR (an soon to be Dark Side Revan) are extreme. No other way to say it. The fact that over 90% of the top teams in the various arena shards are JKR lead teams is enough proof about that. Again, I love the KoToR games, so don't say that I am anti-KoToR, and am just upset because of these teams being the best, but what I am upset about is that these have been the only teams that we see in arena anymore, and there is nothing we can do about it until the new best no-KoToR team comes to the game. I think it is time for the brakes to be pumped on the KoToR train. Maybe we can revisit it in a year or so, but its time to have a good change.

You say that now. Then in 6 months when all we have had is sequel trilogy trash everyone will be screaming and crying over it. It will never end no will ever be happy.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Kotor was better than all but 3 movies.

Kotor2 was better than all but 3 movies and Kotor.

They have released that and original trilogy characters. Best year by far.
  • Not only the KOTOR games but the literature (books and comics) covered 5000 years of the Star Wars Universe compared to what 9 movies and 45 years! 90% of game content is based on such a small sample of the Star Wars Universe, hope we keep getting more KOTOR all year!
  • I've seen the movies and think they arent remotely as good as the old republic. Guess we're at a standoff
  • We got Jango. We got Bossk. We got Chewie. We got C3Po.

Be happy with it.

Why take away the fun for people who prefer kotor?

Exactly.

They also brought rework for Grievous, then new characters: B1 and Droideka people asked for.

CG is working on all eras.

Besides I'm sure there will be plenty of new content (non-Kotor) by the end of the year when The Mandalorian, new Clone Wars season and Episode 9 gets released.

So stop **** so much about KOTOR.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    KOTOR is great
    Other eras are great

They need to spread the love evenly though

I think OT is the only era in this game that is diluted. I think Jabba and Jedi Luke aside, we have all the noteworthy characters from OT era
  • KOTOR is one of the most popular properties in the entire Star Wars IP. Personally I want them to finish out the TSL crew, Malak, the Sith Empire characters from the original and add the Leviathan.

Kick over to Episode IX and the shows after.
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Maybe you'll like it more once the people who did Game of Thrones are done with their Old Republic trilogy??

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-old-republic-movie-trilogy-benioff-weiss/
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • hotdeaths wrote: »
    Ok maybe a bit biased because of my hatred for Revan (and probably Darth Revan) but when can we expect roughly to move on to film trilogy content (you know like Mustafar Obi or a good ani or even more og content). I didn't play KOTOR and I understand people might like it, but cmon it's been like a year of mainly KOTOR/whatever Traya is (dont get me wrong 3PO and Chewie give me wet dreams so I appreciate those beasts but more small characters (**** it. jar jar) would be cool).

your missing out! It is one of the best games of all time, I bought it on mobile and played for the first time last year and was hooked, the story is so much better than any of the movies!!!! I mean come on ewoks helped destory the empire???

I garentee you won't regret it
  • Javin37 wrote: »

They have released that and original trilogy characters. Best year by far.

So true!
  • Honestly guys, it doesn’t matter how ‘good’ kotor was. Not every Star Wars fan has played it, and I don’t see why those of us who care less than nothing for these characters should have to sit through a combined kotor meta that is likely to last a whole year, overshadowing the release of awesome original trilogy characters.

From a financial perspective, the devs are alienating a large group of fans who don’t know the old republic. They ought to keep swgoh more focused on canon characters, instead of copying another game’s characters!
  • Matthew_01 wrote: »
    Honestly guys, it doesn’t matter how ‘good’ kotor was. Not every Star Wars fan has played it, and I don’t see why those of us who care less than nothing for these characters should have to sit through a combined kotor meta that is likely to last a whole year, overshadowing the release of awesome original trilogy characters.

From a financial perspective, the devs are alienating a large group of fans who don’t know the old republic. They ought to keep swgoh more focused on canon characters, instead of copying another game’s characters!

By a similar argument, not every Star Wars fan has seen or (more likely) enjoyed every movie or character. If I loved the EU but hated the OT, should I have to sit through a year long meta of OT characters? Yes! Because that's the game we're playing right now.

The game doesn't strictly follow lore or even plot importance when designing characters. CLS, 2 droids, han, and chewie stomp all over a team of 5 sith lords but might not be able to defeat Nest if things don't quite go right.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but so are other players, many of whom adore KOTOR. This is an important perspective to keep. Besides, until DR is released into the wild, we don't know what counters may exist. His kit looks built to take down JKR, but other teams may be able to defeat him easily. It's too early to call it the next meta.

Now, if you want to discuss the fact that JKR has dominated the arena for so long, that's a different discussion as it should be held independently of the character that is dominating. Most of the community agrees that this current mirror match stinks to play, but I don't think many opinions would change with a reskin of the characters
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Javin37 wrote: »

Amazing. Everything you just said, as fact, is opinion.

I played KOTOR. I didn't even finish it. I found the story boring, the characters lame archetypes and the whole game extremely mundane and monotonous.

I didn't even play 2.

I find it humorous that everyone who liked Kotor assumes that everyone else does, did or "should". We all know what assuming does.

CG should stop doing it too.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Matthew_01 wrote: »
    Honestly guys, it doesn’t matter how ‘good’ kotor was. Not every Star Wars fan has played it, and I don’t see why those of us who care less than nothing for these characters should have to sit through a combined kotor meta that is likely to last a whole year, overshadowing the release of awesome original trilogy characters.

I never watched any of the cartoons. I still had to go through the lower levels where Phoenix is everywhere. I just took my lumps, swallowed, and worked on Wiggs/Lando/Leia/Scariff instead. It took longer, and I still needed Phoenix for Thrawn, But it was possible for all 3 accounts. I still had to get Nightsisters, and The Clone Troopers (Anybody even REMEBER Rex-Lead teams anymore??). It doesn't matter than I never watched...that's what the game was about at the time. It seems as though they're close to being done releasing KOTOR toons (What..no Handmaiden!?!? No G0-T0?! No Hanharr?! ...sigh..) and will likely switch to Star Wars Resistance again...before doing the Mandlorian series. (IG-88 rework confirmed! :-P)

It's all good. Stay calm.
    When calm I learn Patience.
    With Patience I gain Wisdom
    With Wisdom I gain Balance.
    With Balance I gain Perspective.
    With Perspective I realize that $300 for a toon on a mobile game is crazy.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • I doubt that the IG droid in Mandalorion is the same IG-88, He was destroyed by Boba, and his remains can be seen on cloud city