Why is there a 50 Ally limit?

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense since almost all Ally requests come from new players. Keeping new players playing is kinda sorta the point of alliances, isn't it?

Replies

• Used to be 35. 50 is better than it was.
  • What would you do with more than 50 allies?
  • I would like that guildmembers will be automatic allies so that you have the chance to access guild-toons for PvE-Content
    Than the limit of 50 is more than enough
  • I don't even know how many allies I have. After completing the maps there isn't much use for them.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    What would you do with more than 50 allies?

Help more than 50 people.
  • deathstix757
    83 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Well I guess I'm not a nice person, I'm only allied with 5 people in my guild. The rest are people in my shared and old guilds. Other than helping people I don't see a reason to have more then 50 slots. I'm at 42 at the moment.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    What would you do with more than 50 allies?

Help more than 50 people.

That's a noble motive. I don't know how you find even 25 people that still need help in the PVE aspects of the game, nevermind 50. The way the in game experience is constructed I just don't come across that many folks still engaged in those areas.

If there was a way to publicly ask for or offer this assistance it would make a lot more sense to me.
  • I have zero need for allies to help me do anything. But it makes a difference for my allies to have strong characters to call on as they grow.

I thought that was the actual purpose of allies. Seriously...