GA Format: Are you a fan or not?

Replies

• Yeah I run this team every single day and itf crits like 25-30% of the time for me. Not a reliable counter. Only reliable if you’d like to be frustrated daily. I appreciate the response. But I’ve lost over 350 ship fights in 6 weeks thanks to itf not critting on opening move
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Yeah I run this team every single day and itf crits like 25-30% of the time for me. Not a reliable counter. Only reliable if you’d like to be frustrated daily. I appreciate the response. But I’ve lost over 350 ship fights in 6 weeks thanks to itf not critting on opening move

That's more than 8 losses daily over the course of 6 weeks. Why on earth would you put yourself through that?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • DeWannaWonga
    122 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Need crystals man. Not a lot of other falcon counters. I’ve tried silencer and gauntlet before that with about the same success. Honestly, 350 is high. It’s been over 300 loses anyways. Including a perfect record in both GA and Tw of zero critical hits as well.

I’ve opened several tickets on the matter and it’s been a giant source of frustration over the past few weeks.

I’d be happy for any advice on other falcon counters that are less rng dependent. Because no lie, rng hates me.

In the 6-7 weeks of running poe and itf I’ve had over 50% crit rate on no more than 6 days. So on one day a week I win half my fights and on 6 days a week I lose close to 75-80% of them.

The reason to keep doing it is: even though I’m on one of what I’m guessing is the first ship shards, it’s really not very active and in the same time frame on only 3-4 days was I outside the top 40 and on MOST days I could get to top 5 or first by merely winning 3-4 fights so the temptation was too much to resist.

He’s absolutely correct in that it’s possible to win with this team vs the falcon. If itf crits on his first move, I’ll clean up falcon with poe and I can auto any team on my shard after that. I have both Poe and itf pretty maxed (itf is g12+4 and Poe is g+12+3). Tfp always has all 6 6• mods and Poe has regular mods to maintain a one-speed less difference.

I shouldn’t have said 350 loses but it’s been over 300. That’s no joke. It has me way beyond frustrated

Edit: Changed for correct use of a phrase instead of some phrase I made up 😛
  • And for all the guys that say, just use cassian. Duh. Ok so you call cassian in when you are breached and their HT still has taunt. What do you do?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    And for all the guys that say, just use cassian. Duh. Ok so you call cassian in when you are breached and their HT still has taunt. What do you do?

obviously don't call cassian when you're breached. =D
    In response to your previous comment, i can't imagine losing more than half my battles on offense and still being able to get top the top5. I don't even compete for top ranks eventhough i rarely lose on offense and i would drop like a rock on defense if i didn't have the falcon so i woudn't even break even with the amount of attempt refreshes needed to get back up on daily basis.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • That's crazy. I fight Poe all the time, and loves to crit off the bat. Lol
  • Also assuming the strat isn’t “itf goes first then silencer clears Hans falcon.” Cuz for me, I run itf and Poe in ship arena and a crit happens with itf - very small and pathetic percent of the time. Not nearly the over 50% of the time it should be statistically.

Itf and poe, they have HT but i just blew through it anw. It helps to have g12 pilots u know.

And i didnt put silencer in there, wasnt needed. Just used HT with itf and poe so there was a backup plan if no crit happened.

@Eddimundie well done man, have a video of that win?:
  • @maraJade789

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G3yBBD-5K_c

DBOffical video on the team. I use HT in place of SF but either way is fine.

ITF has 39% crit chance. Under thrawn lead he should gain an additional 15% chance for 54% total so pretty much a coin flip.

I’ve had horrifically bad luck on this coin flip. Unless I’m understanding the percent it should be incorrectly. Which I don’t think I am.

But if ITF doesn’t crit, your poe cannot finish the kill on falcon. Their HT will go and get taunt. Falcon will heal. And you lose.
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    how about vs all rebels? there's Biggs Bistan and and HMF
  • Versus all rebels you can use silencer in place of the tank and all three will go before any enemies allowing an easy falcon kill regardless of crits cuz you’ll have 3 hits vs 2
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Not crazy about the layout but it is the closest thing we have right now to squad-fleet balance in GA.
    Just fought an opponent who was very close to my fleet/squad ratio so around 50/50 split of around 1.85 mill GP.

Even though he had two arena-quality fleets, it didn't help him because my one arena-quality fleet could break any defense he set leaving us both able to clear the fleet zone.

So even on this map, the deciding factor is squads, not fleet.
  • how about vs all rebels? there's Biggs Bistan and and HMF

All rebels is easy. U’ll likely see more with HT in the setup.
  • I think I would care more if the rewards weren't so terrible
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Not crazy about the layout but it is the closest thing we have right now to squad-fleet balance in GA.
    Just fought an opponent who was very close to my fleet/squad ratio so around 50/50 split of around 1.85 mill GP.

Even though he had two arena-quality fleets, it didn't help him because my one arena-quality fleet could break any defense he set leaving us both able to clear the fleet zone.

Final opponent cleared my squad zone but failed to clear my fleet. My opening move was to clear his fleet zone... which still left me needing to fully clear his squad zone in order to win.

So again, the fleet zone is all but meaningless and the most balanced fleet+squad layout we have isn't really balanced at all. It's all about the squads.
  • I like GA and the different layouts good to not get stale.

My only critic is that GA seems to never end, very drawn out event.
  • When I saw the botched layout I decided to leave - but I couldn't. Thus I didn't further participate - it's a complete waste of effort, thus I didn't waste any.
  • Dethjin
    75 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Well, I didn't see if anyone had this posted (or maybe well known fact), you get extra points for leaving ship spots open. Can be deciding factor. Just like squads. But for my 950M GP, HT is the deciding factor, opponents don't have it. I have it B)

Post edited by Dethjin on
  • Fan

GA is the best game mode so far.
    Competitive (unlike Arena) and on my own time (unlike TW).
    Not repetitive (unlike raids and TB after a while)
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    Squad arena is garbage. It should be replaced with something actually decent, or merged into GA rewards pool.
  • Dethjin wrote: »

Well, I didn't see if anyone had this posted (or maybe well known fact), you get extra points for leaving ship spots open. Can be deciding factor. Just like squads. But for my 950M GP, HT is the deciding factor, opponents don't have it. I have it B)
    This is actually not true. I also believed this until last night, when there was a big discussion during Urzatron's stream. I looked it up, checked the math, and was surprised to find open slots don't help.

In squad you get 4 points for each empty slot. This gives you an extra point, since the most you normally get is 3 (1 each for surviving, full health, full protection).

In fleet, empty slots are only worth 3 points - the same as a surviving full H/P unit (and all uncalled reinforcements count as surviving full H/P). You can confirm this just by noting the possible points are +16-66.

15 (win) + 30 (1st try) + 7 survive + 7 full H + 7 full P = 66 points.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I have a pretty decent fleet roster, with strong rebels and empire, and mediocre bugs. But I have a lot of trouble beating good old meta squads (HT, Biggs, Vader/ITF, Thrawn/Tarkin lead) if I put both Biggs and HT on defense with ****. So I go straight rebels on defense, and keep HT for attack. The rebels fleet is much easier to beat (especially since my Bistan U and Ghost suck), but it often takes 2 fights, and still beats weak fleet opponents.
  • No, you beat Ships and don’t even have to touch the heroes in this format, it’s not a good format.
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    No, you beat Ships and don’t even have to touch the heroes in this format, it’s not a good format.

ov6z51ewnzxn.png
    That's not true
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No, you beat Ships and don’t even have to touch the heroes in this format, it’s not a good format.

That is in no way true.
  • I like it that the layout keeps changing. At least with this layout, I can actually do something. With not having Ravin or Traya, but having to face both, I can get stuck with only being able to beat a couple of squads and the GA becomes depressing.
    However, I do like being able to 'hide' some days in the rear zones and have done strategy.
  • Dethjin wrote: »

Well, I didn't see if anyone had this posted (or maybe well known fact), **you get extra points for leaving ship spots open.** Can be deciding factor. Just like squads. But for my 950M GP, HT is the deciding factor, opponents don't have it. I have it B)

I know for characters a reduced squad earns extra banners. However, think this comment for ships is mistaken.

MAX ships score said 66 banners in the territory points info. I earned that with full health and protection on a full fleet. So how, can anyone explain does a reduced squad earn more than 66 banners?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dethjin wrote: »

Well, I didn't see if anyone had this posted (or maybe well known fact), **you get extra points for leaving ship spots open.** Can be deciding factor. Just like squads. But for my 950M GP, HT is the deciding factor, opponents don't have it. I have it B)

I know for characters a reduced squad earns extra banners. However, think this comment for ships is mistaken.

MAX ships score said 66 banners in the territory points info. I earned that with full health and protection on a full fleet. So how, can anyone explain does a reduced squad earn more than 66 banners?

xjp6c4tjuuka.png

I think ships works the same way, so here is the points break down.
    survive + full health + full protection = 3
    empty spot = 4

each empty spot is a net +1, as long as leaving that spot empty didn't "cost you" full protection/health in the match.
  • Yes, thank you, BUT I earned 66 the max banners with a FULL fleet,
    don't believe anyone can score higher, it also says the max on the map is 66 as I said before.

Unlike for characters. 60 is the max with a full squad, up to 64 if solo a battle with one character.
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    it sent twice
    Post edited by maraJade789 on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes, thank you, BUT I earned 66 the max banners with a FULL fleet,
    don't believe anyone can score higher, it also says the max on the map is 66 as I said before.

Unlike for characters. 60 is the max with a full squad, up to 64 if solo a battle with one character.

As I said, I think, because I wasn't sure if it worked that way with ships. It makes sense it wouldnt, you could always leave a reinforcement empty and it wouldnt effect the battle.

I'm not sure if they fixed it but in TW I believe the stated max is incorrect for ships, maybe that is the case here too.