Will you ever stop?

It is quite obvious darth revans kit will break the game once again. We will have a game destryoer ls revan followed by a game destroyer ds revan. The game WAS awsome before revan when you guys did faction passes, than stopped to do kotor and you screwed up everything ever since.

Why not just nerf revan and bindo, delay the ds revan release and remake hes kit before release so it doesnt break the game.

Also every single player of the game should receive a public apology and crystals for the amount of mirror uselessness you put people through.

Replies

• Not sure how jkr broke the game was still plenty of teams thay beat him he just held on defense way better then the other teams which dosent mean it broke it but the power curve did go up though with him but that was expected to stsrt limiting arena metas and start again with a new/set of meta teams and maybe to increase the the curve to make hstr easier and to get ready for a possible new raid
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Not sure how jkr broke the game was still plenty of teams thay beat him he just held on defense way better then the other teams which dosent mean it broke it but the power curve did go up though with him but that was expected to stsrt limiting arena metas and start again with a new/set of meta teams and maybe to increase the the curve to make hstr easier and to get ready for a possible new raid

3. caused multiple nerfs that affected many other things not related to revan(bonus protection -> hounds tooth)
    4. GA is about loosing a territory or 2 if someone uses revan on defense against you
    5. TW is not about tactics anymore but how many revans do your guild have

Tell me again please how it doesnt broke the game.

3. What are you even saying?
    4. Sure, if you haven't worked on a counter team
    5. Sure, if your guild hasn't worked on counter teams

I agree that he's overpowered and his kit looks like poor design to me - 'what can we put in that counters X team, oh also y team. Oh **** now z still wins too easily, let's throw something in to counter that too. Hmm, it still doesn't feel strong enough - let's add TM swap and heal to his AoE+cleanse'.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Tw isnt determined by how many revans cause u learn and adapt and build teams to kill jkr teams there are several (Traya, cls, jtr, ns) can all beat him if moded correctly to do so yes it requires different mods then normally would use to do it.

10mil in hstr? Would get u not even 20th in my guild top 10 are almost 20+ mil with a frmew doing 30+ mil and like i said to prepare for the next raid and to make hstr easier. Darth revan might make p3 easier. Even haat was almost as hard and got easier from the power creep also cls jtr bb8 fo thrawn was the power creep of that time allowing way more dmg for that raid so the same is happening now and everyone(alot) are complaining about it.

For your bonus protection it wasn't a nerf cause it wasn't supposed to work that way so they resolved it and fixed an issue that was there but had no real way to identify it till jkr so i dont count the nest/ht bonus protection as a nerf but a corrected issue the same as an ability that is not working correctly.

Ga really same as tw i can set jkr and it will get 1 shoted when there revan is also on defense so i see it as a personal issue on you not building counter teams or working on tesms that are able to beat them you can use arena to test out the teams to be prepared for it. Jkr is not the be all as everyone thinks good yes but definitely not unbeatable.

The 90% arena meta is mostly due to his ability to hold on defense better then others and just cause a team is 90% dosent mean they are broken but its a good team that is viable on offense and defense and better then others especially if the ai uses it theres players in my shard using traya still to climb cause its easier then jkr but will swap to jkr over night so he dosent become a target
  • Do you have an actual question
  • No team on defense is unbeatable just some are harder then others a well moded traya team with bsf and a tanky traya can beat a 310 revan same with cls/chewy/han/c3po/r2 can beat them on offense and same with jtr if you get the team moded correctly aka correct turn orders and good mods on them

They are 90% due to doing well on defense especially if jolee is moded correctly to be tanky and the rest is fast i find none tanky jolees easy as 1 direct focus can kill them

So look at haat platers would score minimal scores like 500k or so till aa/thrawn/bb8/cls/han and could solo p3-p4 aka that was a power creep also and was op and plbroken at that time need to understand if they want the raids to be easier and then put out harder content then need to make toons harder even during cls and jtr meta i knocked most older metas out the window cls jtr emp are 3+ metas behind and bastila is 2 traya is 1 and ns is further then those to being meta teams and older meta teams get knocked down and become useless and some are more prefeared then other teams all/almost all rpg/mmos have a powet creep

i see this as a more mmo style
    1. raids both have it and would count tb in this also
    2. gear is very similat to toons like as ghhe game goes on and expansions they get better hence higher gear and more abilities added
    3. Battle grounds (large pvp) same as tw
    4. Arena style pvp would be ga and arena/fleet
    5. Abilities get stronger and stronger **** the gsme goes on till a wide nerf or a rebalance which i think is what jkr is doing its the start of resetting the game to speak as if it was the only team and dr will add to it maybe gg will also so back to 3 arena then more will appear

If they would have kept arens going how it was before jkr could cause to many teams being in meta normally metas are a few select if not a single team/class gear ect that is good and above the rest so in a wY 90% arena could be seen as a good meta limiting it to 1 yes it can be boring fighting the same thing but its meta if you look at lets say wow every player uses the same gear or close to it as everyone else who is that class cause its good not cause its broken its that everything else seems and/or is worse
    It is quite obvious darth revans kit will break the game once again. We will have a game destryoer ls revan followed by a game destroyer ds revan. The game WAS awsome before revan when you guys did faction passes, than stopped to do kotor and you screwed up everything ever since.

Why not just nerf revan and bindo, delay the ds revan release and remake hes kit before release so it doesnt break the game.

Also every single player of the game should receive a public apology and crystals for the amount of mirror uselessness you put people through.

The answer to why is that you can't really expect players to keep spending when you sell a toon at a hefty price and then nerf him at the request of players whose most notable contribution to the progression of this game is probably whining.

I personally couldn't care less if arena had 100% the same teams or 6 different top squads even. It's just one game mode that takes 5 3 minute-attempts a day. Don't tell me it breaks GA and TW as there you really have no excuse not to use one of the several counters in fear of dropping in ranks. And it certainly does not break pvm.
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    I dont think Revan broke the game or is the worst meta.
    Traya was worse and even more boring.
    It was 90% Trayas in the top 50 in my shard before 3CPO was a thing.

Palp with Vader meta was even more worse due to the rng fest.

Everyone was playing CLS when he came out.
    Best arena time was before CLS came out, a lot of arena viable teams in my shard.

Dont know why people are so upset all the time, this is not the best meta, but for me definitely not the worst

• I like this idea:
    After Traya-Meta they brought JKR as conter ... OK overpowerd but a rebels-team with 3po and Chewie is overpowerd in offense, too
    Maybe this was a start of a new generation of toons and step by step there will be reworks, new toons, reworks again, ... and bring most of the old toons to a level to be coser to the meta.
    There are a lot of old toons who need a rework
    Nightsisters got a rework, Droids, GG, Bountyhunter
    Sure, right at the moment, arena is quit boring but you can see that there are a lot of toons without zeta-abilities and old abilities, which seem not to be fitting since protection was introduced.
    I just wait and hope for more diversity in future
  • They are keep releasing new OP characters, Who defined that Revan has to be so OP like he was the strongest ever, Palpatine rework was OK but in my opinion he was more powerful than Revan, why Palp does't have 5,6 uniqes and 3 zetas, after JKR 90% of leaders should get rework to balance the game, when I joined the game in 2017 there was so many squads in arena WIGGS, NS, SITH...
    Those new characters like C3-PO , Revans, Nest are so complicated that it's barely understandable, multiple abbilities, 3,4 uniques. Come on ...
  • DarthRevan1023
    637 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    kulia18 wrote: »
    They are keep releasing new OP characters, Who defined that Revan has to be so OP like he was the strongest ever, Palpatine rework was OK but in my opinion he was more powerful than Revan, why Palp does't have 5,6 uniqes and 3 zetas, after JKR 90% of leaders should get rework to balance the game, when I joined the game in 2017 there was so many squads in arena WIGGS, NS, SITH...
    Those new characters like C3-PO , Revans, Nest are so complicated that it's barely understandable, multiple abbilities, 3,4 uniques. Come on ...

Its called progress if they stayed the same hstr would still be really hard to do and the abilities would get stale and boring cause nothing would be unique for them.

In kotor 2 kreia told the exile "If you were to face an ancient Sith Lord in combat, you would learn that we are as children playing with toys compared to the prowess of the old Masters."
    so emp would have been the strongest during his time but i think he would be like a padawan fighting yoda or mace copared to the old sith vs emp or vader
  • kulia18 wrote: »
    They are keep releasing new OP characters, Who defined that Revan has to be so OP like he was the strongest ever, Palpatine rework was OK but in my opinion he was more powerful than Revan, why Palp does't have 5,6 uniqes and 3 zetas, after JKR 90% of leaders should get rework to balance the game, when I joined the game in 2017 there was so many squads in arena WIGGS, NS, SITH...

Its called progress if they stayed the same hstr would still be really hard to do and the abilities would get stale and boring cause nothing would be unique for them.

In kotor 2 kreia told the exile we are nothing compared to the sith before us so emp would have been the strongest during his time but i think he would be like a padawan fighting yoda or mace copared to the old sith vs emp or vader

My point is that the new characters are overcomplicated what comes after - new characters are OP, Sion and Traya were in my opinion Okay not overcomplicated, not too many uniques... my palp lead g12 team barely stand a chance against undergeared Revan team. Every team 1-200 are Revan , what if I want to stay with my palp lead I have good mods, geared them fully I can beat every team except for Revan
  • Revan is probably there way of resetting arena making all other teams obsolete and all new characters/teams will be added to the new meta

So guessing only jkr and dr will be in till next set then they will get added but theres chance gg will be in it but cant say for sure
  • kulia18 wrote: »
    kulia18 wrote: »

In kotor 2 kreia told the exile we are nothing compared to the sith before us so emp would have been the strongest during his time but i think he would be like a padawan fighting yoda or mace copared to the old sith vs emp or vader

My point is that the new characters are overcomplicated what comes after - new characters are OP, Sion and Traya were in my opinion Okay not overcomplicated, not too many uniques... my palp lead g12 team barely stand a chance against undergeared Revan team. Every team 1-200 are Revan , what if I want to stay with my palp lead I have good mods, geared them fully I can beat every team except for Revan

You have to make a choice betweem running your favourite team or running one that is arena viable. Sometimes they overlap, sometimes they don't. If you want to play a certain game mode at top tier, you need to adapt to the system instead of expecting a system to be adapted to your playstyle.

There's no single objective argument why one should be able to run any team that suits best their interest and still stay competitive in high end arena.
  • Plus the same thing kinda happened during the shift to cls/jtr meta everyone thought they where complicated and op at the time and made all other metas useless history always repeat
    Revan is probably there way of resetting arena making all other teams obsolete and all new characters/teams will be added to the new meta

So guessing only jkr and dr will be in till next set then they will get added but theres chance gg will be in it but cant say for sure

I dont have much hope for ds revan, since you cant outspeed ls revan you cant expect the burst to not kill off 1 member even before you get a turn unless that debuff immunity thing ignores mark also.

Depends on dr kit especially the lead but hk and bsf gives me hopes on how thete kits are written
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Revan is probably there way of resetting arena making all other teams obsolete and all new characters/teams will be added to the new meta

I dont have much hope for ds revan, since you cant outspeed ls revan you cant expect the burst to not kill off 1 member even before you get a turn unless that debuff immunity thing ignores mark also.

JKR can be countered with literally one line of an ability.
    It's not only about speed. And even if it is, they can still make any new toon outspeed JKR without setting a ridiculous base speed or bonus speed from leader. It is enough to have a Vader-unique style faction specific leader bonus (see bonus speed against jedi) and it would already be a solution to beat JKR without creating a toon that topples everyone with no possible solution to beat.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Not sure how?
    2. sith raid top 10 with 1 team for 1st try in an average guild
    4. GA is about loosing a territory or 2 if someone uses revan on defense against you
    5. TW is not about tactics anymore but how many revans do your guild have
    Tell me again please how it doesnt broke the game.

2. It takes 12+ million to get into top 10 in my guild, and more than 20 million to take 1st. And zFinn/3PO solo of P3 is forbidden. 12+ million with a Revan team is quite the achievement, and nobody in my guild is able to pull that off.

4. I have won all my GA's except a single second place. Around half of these I used Revan on defense, but after Revans second coming, I've had much more succes saving him for offense. And no matter if the people I've been up against has had Revan on offense or defense, the result has been the same. One team does NOT give you a win. It's about have multiple good teams and knowing the counters to them all.

5. It's more about trying to set up clever defense which forces the opponent to waste a-teams to burn through a lot of tough b-teams. A wall of Revans won't help you much when you reach 180m+ territory.

So no, Revan as such has not broken much. Has he erased all sorts of arena diversity? Yes! Very much.
    But that doesn't mean he's broken. He's just the best combined team for both offense and defense.

• dimi4a wrote: »
    What most of you obviously still don't understand is that there are no viable counters to a brokenly OP toon such as JKR, hence the 90+% meta domination! Now let that sink in!

There are. Not for arena, because they lose on defense. But there are counters more reliable than mirror matches. There's nothing to be let to sink in.
    And once again, arena is one game mode of many. There was always a team far better than the rest, just not as good on defense as this one. That does not mean that it's broken.

The only thing that went wrong is that JKR returned too soon the second time. It should have come after DR, or another meta-dominant team was already released.