Phoenix characters attacking twice on counter?

liamx27
60 posts Member
edited March 2019
Rarely, I’ve seen some of my phoenix characters get hit, then counter. But, they attack again after their first counter. And yes, I know Ezra’s basic has a multi-attack chance, but I’ve seen characters like Hera and Chopper attack again. I’ve also seen Ezra counter, do his multi-attack, attack AGAIN, and do his multi-attack AGAIN. Does anyone know why this is happening?

(No I’m not complaining about it, just I don’t see anything in their kits that permits them to do this. Is it a bug?)
(Edit: I saw this happen again, look for the comment I made for more detail)
Post edited by liamx27 on

Replies

• Did you attack them twice with the same person? Like DT or raid Han?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • liamx27
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Did you attack them twice with the same person? Like DT or raid Han?

Yea. They didn’t attack randomly, they countered the person who attacked them and attacked them a second time. I didn’t make them attack, as it would have had to been on auto, and I know it wasn’t, as I got the chance to use them right after

• liamx27 wrote: »
    Did you attack them twice with the same person? Like DT or raid Han?

Yea. They didn’t attack randomly, they countered the person who attacked them and attacked them a second time.

Who was the enemy(opposite to PS) team?
  • Riffinator wrote: »

I don’t remember. It’s happened on multiple occasions and against different teams.

I don’t remember. It’s happened on multiple occasions and against different teams.

If they attacked the PS twice then they have a 70% chance twice to counter attack
  • liamx27
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    If they attacked the PS twice then they have a 70% chance twice to counter attack
    Well it didn’t seem like there was anything to set it off. The character attack mine, mine countered, and then mine countered again but I don’t know how
    Well it didn’t seem like there was anything to set it off. The character attack mine, mine countered, and then mine countered again but I don’t know how

Without knowing who was on the enemy team I cant help you anymore
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Without knowing who was on the enemy team I cant help you anymore
    Dang. Thanks for helping though
  • I’m bringing this up again. I was just in a squad arena battle when I saw Ezra attack Cad Bane 4 times, and they were all counters, I did not tell him to attack again. I still don’t know how, because I also saw Chopper counter and attack again.

If you’re wondering, the team was: Boba (L) Cas Bane, Zam Wessell, Greedo, Dengar
  • It's pretty simple. Kanan Jarrus gives all Phoenix allies a 70% counter chance under a Hera lead. This counter chance is individual for each time a character takes damage. The mechanic with your last example was:

Cad Bane's Turn. He uses Basic Attack.

Cad Bane attacks once and has a 65% chance to attack again

Cad Bane attacks again

Ezra Bridger has a 70% chance to counter attack each attack

Attack 1: Countered with basic. 40/80% chance to attack again. Ezra attacks again.

Attack 2: Countered with basic. 40/80% chance to attack again. Ezra attacks again.

Basically every time a character is damaged they can counter-attack, as long as they are not dazed, stunned, or have anti-counter debuffs.
  • Chopper, meanwhile, does not have anything on his basic which says he can get a bonus attack like ezra. That's why ezra can get 4 counters but chopper gets two.
  • Spooderham wrote: »
    It's pretty simple. Kanan Jarrus gives all Phoenix allies a 70% counter chance under a Hera lead. This counter chance is individual for each time a character takes damage. The mechanic with your last example was:

Cad Bane's Turn. He uses Basic Attack.

Cad Bane attacks once and has a 65% chance to attack again

Cad Bane attacks again

Ezra Bridger has a 70% chance to counter attack each attack

Attack 1: Countered with basic. 40/80% chance to attack again. Ezra attacks again.

Attack 2: Countered with basic. 40/80% chance to attack again. Ezra attacks again.

Basically every time a character is damaged they can counter-attack, as long as they are not dazed, stunned, or have anti-counter debuffs.

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks!

How many times were your character attacked? Was Ezra attacked? The only way there could be multiple counters is if the attacker attacked more than once, such as Boba Fett, Cad Bane or Count Dooku, or if the defender has a multi-attack on their basic, such as Ezra, Boba Feet, Cad Bane or Count Dooku.
  • Spooderham wrote: »
    liamx27 wrote: »

How many times were your character attacked? Was Ezra attacked? The only way there could be multiple counters is if the attacker attacked more than once, such as Boba Fett, Cad Bane or Count Dooku, or if the defender has a multi-attack on their basic, such as Ezra, Boba Feet, Cad Bane or Count Dooku.

I remember Cad Bane attacking Ezra twice so I think you were correct
  • To be fair, the probability of that happening (Worst Case Scenario) is 5.096%. If Ezra doesn't have debuffs, his multi-attack is 80% chance on a basic, making a 20.384% chance of four counters.