Thrawn lead or Palp lead?

Not sure which. I don’t have zetas on either of their leaderships and I won’t for a while because my account is low level, but which should I use for an empire team?

Replies

• Eonixx
    62 posts Member
    Thrawn is a very very good toon, probably the best plug-in character, fitting well and doing a great job in every team comp. It has anyway a weakness tho, and it is his leadership, kinda meh if you ask me.
    Probably the third or fourth empire leadership in terms of how good it is, with just a nice use.

Palpatine on the other side is amazing, even without the Zeta.

You said you won't have a Zeta for a while. But Palpatine is a no brain zeta leadership when you will be able to get your first one, probably compared only to Bastila Shan leadership in terms of early Zeta.

About whether to zeta Bastila or EP is up to you. When you will have the mats for it, look at your shard and, more important, at your roster, and pick the best one for you.
    (A good arena Zeta today is a tomorrow GA, TW and TB good Zeta anyway, so it won't be wasted).

But for now, to give you a TL:DR answer, go for Palpatine.
  • Eonixx wrote: »
    Thrawn is a very very good toon, probably the best plug-in character, fitting well and doing a great job in every team comp. It has anyway a weakness tho, and it is his leadership, kinda meh if you ask me.
    Probably the third or fourth empire leadership in terms of how good it is, with just a nice use.

Palpatine on the other side is amazing, even without the Zeta.

You said you won't have a Zeta for a while. But Palpatine is a no brain zeta leadership when you will be able to get your first one, probably compared only to Bastila Shan leadership in terms of early Zeta.

About whether to zeta Bastila or EP is up to you. When you will have the mats for it, look at your shard and, more important, at your roster, and pick the best one for you.
    (A good arena Zeta today is a tomorrow GA, TW and TB good Zeta anyway, so it won't be wasted).

But for now, to give you a TL:DR answer, go for Palpatine.
    Thank you for all the advice
  • Ultrapwnager
    23 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I would also suggest that if you were torn between bastila or palpatine, choose Bastila. She is a direct counter to Palatine as his only strength is giving turnmeter or health recovery to empire/sith inflicting debuffs, but with Bastila's zeta, as long as Jedi have protection up, they get 100% tenacity, which makes it almost impossible to inflict a debuff. If you have a Bastila with Ezra and Grandmaster Yoda, a good tank and another jedi, its pretty much game over for palpatine teams.
    P.s. I know from experience since I have a palpatine team, I went from being in the top 50 to top 500....
  • Palp, thrawn though as good as he is palp most of the time is better for lead....save for that zeta on palp!
  • The reality is that you need a few heavy hitting teams.
    If you needed a team leader you would go with EP not Thrawn.
    Many other better team leaders than Thrawn.
  • The reality is that you need a few heavy hitting teams.
    If you needed a team leader you would go with EP not Thrawn.
    Many other better team leaders than Thrawn.

Hell, Zader is probably a better leader than Thrawn.
  • I would also suggest that if you were torn between bastila or palpatine, choose Bastila. She is a direct counter to Palatine as his only strength is giving turnmeter or health recovery to empire/sith inflicting debuffs, but with Bastila's zeta, as long as Jedi have protection up, they get 100% tenacity, which makes it almost impossible to inflict a debuff. If you have a Bastila with Ezra and Grandmaster Yoda, a good tank and another jedi, its pretty much game over for palpatine teams.
    P.s. I know from experience since I have a palpatine team, I went from being in the top 50 to top 500....

Yea problem is I don't have bastila or any good jedi (except kanan and ezra)