Nerf Bastila Shan’s leader ability

Prev134
Iceninja
65 posts Member
edited June 2019
I believe that it should only grant 100% bonus protection, because in places were you have multiple chances to defeat her team, you make nearly no progress. You could also make it so this bonus protection does not reset between battles where regular stats do.
not reset between battles.
Post edited by Iceninja on

Replies

• How about no?
  • If you can fracture yoda, you are good to go because team won't have damage and you will be able to slowly kill it off.

If you don't have Thrawn, use high damage heroes like rebels with Han Solo and melt through them.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Hk unique: Loyalty to the Maker should help crush a Bastilla Lead. No TM gain when protection is up.
  • No need to nerf something that isn't broken.
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    I believe that it should only grant 100% bonus protection, because in places were you have multiple chances to defeat her team, you make nearly no progress. You could also make it so this bonus protection does not reset between battles where regular stats do.
    not reset between battles.

z8xx13emlj0q.jpg
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    I guess your GP is low and that's why you came out with this request as it is a wall for low GP players.
    You'll eventually go past Bastila leader teams. There are plenty of ways to come around them
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Cassian: prot up 30% for 3 turns.
    Bastila: prot up 200% until depleted.

Oh well.
  • Easiest way to get full protection and health in a GA offense win.
  • EduardoCadav
    390 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    KueChael wrote: »
    Hk unique: Loyalty to the Maker should help crush a Bastilla Lead. No TM gain when protection is up.

Bonus protection =/= Protection Up so wont have any impact on Bastila lead, Nest or Traya etc.

If Hoda or Jolee are around giving out the protection up buff though that's going to really shut down the number of turns GMY will take. People may have to go about modding their yoda for speed again instead of offense. Also, targeting nihilus when you use isolate will now prevent him from gaining TM as another example among many.

But.... all of that is a pretty advanced scenario requiring a Darth Revan leadership which is very unlikely to help someone struggling against bastila teams.

Edit: I'm an ****! Bastila does give protection up buff /facepalm
  • Bastila team are like no. 6 or 7 on team rankings...I usually basically use it for TW/GA to take down EP teams or on defense.
  • How about no?

Sorted 😅
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    If you think Bastilia is fun, just wait until you hit Revan. ;)
  • Don’t worry Darth Revan will take care of her lol
  • You think Bastila lead is where you throw in multiple teams with no progress? Have you met Revan?
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    KueChael wrote: »

Bonus protection =/= Protection Up so wont have any impact on Bastila lead, Nest or Traya etc.

If Hoda or Jolee are around giving out the protection up buff though that's going to really shut down the number of turns GMY will take. People may have to go about modding their yoda for speed again instead of offense. Also, targeting nihilus when you use isolate will now prevent him from gaining TM as another example among many.

But.... all of that is a pretty advanced scenario requiring a Darth Revan leadership which is very unlikely to help someone struggling against bastila teams.

Edit: I'm an ****! Bastila does give protection up buff /facepalm

That’s okay. ;)
  • Iceninja
    65 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    RanSheng wrote: »
    You think Bastila lead is where you throw in multiple teams with no progress? Have you met Revan?

I have, just not maxed out. I just stunned him the whole time. I am a level 85 with a nearly 800,000 galactic power [edit: now almost 1 million, and I still am having problems with this,] and I just think it gives them a unfair advantage. I have defeated Bastila Shan teams and some weak Revan teams, so it’s not just that I am a noob. Also, I am not nerf crazy like some of the other Star Wars Battlefront 2 players.
  • *Jedi Knight Revan has left the chat*
  • Dont nerf bastila, just buff rogue one.
  • I am saying it is annoying to some less expierienced players. It is easy for me. This team had a weak Revan in it. And this is after I killed him,

I do not have a weak team. And do not hate on my combination, they surpprisingly work well together.lp3zq85j84s8.png
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    I am saying it is annoying to some less expierienced players. It is easy for me. This team had a weak Revan in it. And this is after I killed him,

I do not have a weak team. And do not hate on my combination, they surpprisingly work well together.lp3zq85j84s8.png

I know you said not to hate on your combination but man, that team's terrible. Nihilus lead was never really good and it doesn't work with chaze.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Iceninja wrote: »
    I am saying it is annoying to some less expierienced players. It is easy for me. This team had a weak Revan in it. And this is after I killed him,

This is a horrible team.
    Bastilla Shan Teams are quite east to beat with Rebels. I target them solely.

CLS (L), Thrawn, GK, Chewie, Raid Han.
  • Don’t worry Darth Revan will take care of her lol

Or just Fallen Bastila. It seems after her rework, you can plug her into a regular old Nightmare Sith team and walk all over Jedi in the arena. Including weaker JKR teams.
  • Bastila is not even S tier. Maybe A tier with a zeta and zJolee on the team. The top tier teams are currently JKR, DR, Traya, CLS, and GG with BB-8. Well-modded Nightsister teams and Nightmare Sith with Fallen Bastila can also play in the big leagues. All these teams beat Bastila with ease. And even in her own weight class, she has counters like JTR.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I love Balista Shan. I bolt to fire her into my lineup any chance I can - throw her in there and watch her cross out enemies. She can catapult you right up the arena rankings.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    She is very effective as Time Out team lead on Defense for GAs and maybe TW. Like the OP said, in modes where this leader effect is reset each time the team is battled, it's solid. The opponent needs to use a high DPS "A quality" team to be able to beat this "B quality" defense squad in one go.

I have had good luck using Balista lead in GA 3v3s on defense. I post her with GK and Old Ben. Last GA this team took several attacker teams to beat.

I have also seen her used in 5v5 GA by my opponent (which gave me the idea for 3s), he had her leading GK, Old Ben, Kanan, and Barris. Took me 2 attempts to whittle that team down only because of the 5 minute time limit.
  • You guys saying Bastila lead is no good ... really? You can't be serious. She is a great lead. Beatable yes, of course, but still very good. Quite capable of stonewalling the opposition in GA if they already used their teams that can beat her. Last GA (3v3), my final round opponent gave up after 11 attempts at taking down Bastila/Ezra/GK, leaving only a small bite taken out of Ezra's protection. Oops.
    Iceninja wrote: »

That looks like a fun team to experiment with in GW. So what if these other guys don't appreciate it! Have fun, it's a game. You should be able to handle that L72 g8 Bastila lead with your L85 g11 jedi killers pretty easily.
  • Iceninja
    65 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I am just saying that it is a little over the top, and for some people it is just to much. I just think something should be done to make it a little easier to defeat. I know, even if we will not admit it, we have all been beaten by a Bastila Shan team. They used to be at the top of the arena before Revan.
  • First Order, Triumvirate, Resistance, Rebels, JKR, Nightsisters, and Bounty Hunters can all beat Bastila on offense. I’m sure there are some more teams too.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    First Order, Triumvirate, Resistance, Rebels, JKR, Nightsisters, and Bounty Hunters can all beat Bastila on offense. I’m sure there are some more teams too.

Its not about who can beat her, its about cassian.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    First Order, Triumvirate, Resistance, Rebels, JKR, Nightsisters, and Bounty Hunters can all beat Bastila on offense. I’m sure there are some more teams too.

Its not about who can beat her, its about cassian.

?