Nerf Bastila Shan’s leader ability

Replies

• Iceninja
    65 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    Iceninja wrote: »
    Here is some screenshots of a battle of mine to prove this that she needs to be nerfed. My team is better, but we have approximately the same power
    The enemy team:
    0rgpbok5y2m1.jpeg
    My team:
    8rcigo90cld1.jpeg
    Towards the end of the battle [did not make a dent in their protection]:
    1nujpptnv9kx.png
    Need any more proof?

I have 112k Power with my Cls, Han, Chewie, R2 and Thrawn and i can't beat JKR who has 120k power. He must be nerfed

Okay, but we need to stay on the topic of Bastila Shan, and that kind of makes since that you would not win because your heroes did not have anti Jedi bonuses.
    Post edited by Iceninja on
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Bastila is designed to be a direct counter to Palpatine lead. You’re complaining that you can’t beat paper with rock, and thus paper needs to be nerfed, even though there are plenty of scissors that can beat paper.

So, it would, it convince you if I used any other leads? And still, it should not counter it this good. This squad is an anti Jedi squad, with nearly the best Jedi counters in the game. They should be able to beat Balista. Emperor Palpatine Is the best counter lead [except maybe darth Revan] to Balista because his abilities are more affective against Jedi. Have you ever read his leader and unique ability?

Have you read Bastila's? Palpatine lead relies on debuffs, which you can't land against Bastila leads.

If you have a swgoh.gg account post it here and I'm sure people will be happy to help you build a more effective time. JTR lead resistance and Bossk lead with Boba both tend to do well against Bastila.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Here is some screenshots of a battle of mine to prove this that she needs to be nerfed. My team is better, but we have approximately the same power
    The enemy team:
    0rgpbok5y2m1.jpeg
    My team:
    8rcigo90cld1.jpeg
    Towards the end of the battle [did not make a dent in their protection]:
    1nujpptnv9kx.png
    Need any more proof?

I have 112k Power with my Cls, Han, Chewie, R2 and Thrawn and i can't beat JKR who has 120k power. He must be nerfed

A better example would be my 112k power fire keeps losing to your 80k water.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Bastila is designed to be a direct counter to Palpatine lead. You’re complaining that you can’t beat paper with rock, and thus paper needs to be nerfed, even though there are plenty of scissors that can beat paper.

So, it would, it convince you if I used any other leads? And still, it should not counter it this good. This squad is an anti Jedi squad, with nearly the best Jedi counters in the game. They should be able to beat Balista. Emperor Palpatine Is the best counter lead [except maybe darth Revan] to Balista because his abilities are more affective against Jedi. Have you ever read his leader and unique ability?

Have you read Bastila's? Palpatine lead relies on debuffs, which you can't land against Bastila leads.

If you have a swgoh.gg account post it here and I'm sure people will be happy to help you build a more effective time. JTR lead resistance and Bossk lead with Boba both tend to do well against Bastila.

I have one. Should I just post the link or what to share it?
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options

Just make a comment with the link.
  • Iceninja
    65 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    here is the link;
    swgoh.gg/u/iceninja2005
  • Iceninja
    65 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

The link idea is not working, but my username is Mol Eliza, and I am in the guild “a tribe called quest.” I joined swgoh.gg on june 8
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options

The link idea is not working, but my username is Mol Eliza, and I am in the guild “a tribe called quest.” I joined swgoh.gg on june 8

I've edited the link. This one should work: https://swgoh.gg/p/212615912/

I'm off out for the afternoon, I'll have a look when I get back, but hopefully some others can take a look too.
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Yep, in the squad arena in my stage, if a Balista team has half my power, they will still win.

xnonudzi7ra2.jpg
    Ballista Shan

This is the best comment i've seen on this sites :D
  • Options
    People are starting to abuse her brokenness. When I opened the squad arena, this showed up on my screen
    9sba7k50hq1p.png
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    If you are basing your argument off of GP and using a bad counter team to boot, that's your problem.

It is not the base, just some evidence
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    People are starting to abuse her brokenness. When I opened the squad arena, this showed up on my screen
    9sba7k50hq1p.png

Ever heard the term meta?

Am I abusing my Darth Revan?
  • Options
    9sba7k50hq1p.png

Darth Revan is good, and not overpowered for his rarity. However, Balista Shan is easy to get, and supercharges her teams defence. Revan is powerful, but Balista throws out her power so everyone is.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    9sba7k50hq1p.png

Darth Revan is good, and not overpowered for his rarity. However, Balista Shan is easy to get, and supercharges her teams defence. Revan is powerful, but Balista throws out her power so everyone is.

I guess that's why people use JKRevan under a bastilla lead and not the other way around... Oh wait..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Iceninja
    65 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    The point is, there is no counter to Balista Shan that is of similar ease to get as Balista. The only counters are require characters from events such as the Darh Revan event, which takes about 40 times more effort to acquire.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    I hate so much about this thread.
  • Options
    9sba7k50hq1p.png
    If it is so broken, how come those teams are in the 500s?
  • Options
    9sba7k50hq1p.png

I have not been in the higher ranks, so I do not know. But this is the top 5% in the squad arena, so I guess it is still in the top players.
  • Options
    Bastila it is spelled B A S T I L A not B A L I S T A
    Balista is a weapon IRL

Sorry, I am on an iPad so it has automatic correction on some things, and I would have to type it in like three times for it not to auto correct.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    9sba7k50hq1p.png

I have not been in the higher ranks, so I do not know. But this is the top 5% in the squad arena, so I guess it is still in the top players.

It's not. The vast majority of most squad arenas are inactive.
  • Iceninja
    65 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    9sba7k50hq1p.png

It's not. The vast majority of most squad arenas are inactive.

It still is though, and I have noticed the Bastila Shan squads are mainly chunked in 700-450 ranks.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Balista is a weapon IRL

Sorry, I am on an iPad so it has automatic correction on some things, and I would have to type it in like three times for it not to auto correct.

Worth it.
  • Iceninja
    65 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Balista is a weapon IRL

Worth it.

I will carry out the task of spelling Bastila Shan right from now, and forever, grammar police.
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Fight_Bastila();
    Call Thankful_No_Revan();
    Call Detect_Jolee(Opponent Roster);
    If Jolee = IsPresent(Annoying_redirect(Kill_Weakest_Attacker));
    Kill_Jolee();
    Kill_Weakest_Attacker();
    Call Mop_Up();

Or something....it's been a decade or so. :-P
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Balista is a weapon IRL

Worth it.

I will carry out the task of spelling Bastila Shan right from now, and forever, grammar police.

That's great. Now if you could just go back and edit every previous post as well... thanks!
    Post edited by CCyrilS on
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    It's "faux back."
  • Options
    Balista is a weapon IRL

Worth it.

That's great. Now if you could just fo back and edit every previous post as well... thanks!

I did
  • Options
    It's "faux back."

?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    It's "faux back."

?